MS Word 2007

Alright, my document has been invaded by those page border things! The ones that are created by pressing ****** then pressing enter. Yeah, I have always used them on occasion but i was looking back over things and noticed that they have multiplied!!! They are in the most random places in the last few chapters. Every time I try and get rid of one another appears!wacko.gif I tried copying and pasting my text into another doc (while avoiding them) but they follow! They are like little demon borders! Help :unsure: ??? Anyone???

Well, I can't really help all that much, but that same thing happened to me once. I was writing something for LJ, and in the end I just gave up and copied and pasted my text there, and when I posted, they'd magically dissapeared. You might try pasting unformatted text, but you'll lose your formatting . . . and I think I probably tried that as well, to no avail, but I can't quite remember. Good luck!

and P.S. I know I am the only one of my kind, but this is why I loved WordPerfect . . . when funky formatting things happened I could just press reveal codes and delete anything I didn't want!

• Like 1

Hi guys - I always wonder about getting rid of the horizontal like that gets created by the three dashes

Well the solution is select it how ever you can ... I just select a line above it to just a line below it .. go to the boarder drop down button located in the paragraph box on the home tab ... (the one that looks like 4 boxs in a square) click on the down arrow

Then select no borders

then it disappears.

I guess its easier to answer someone else question the ones own ... I bet if I posted this same question ... someone would have answered it.

I'm not exactly sure I followed your explanation; however, if you click your mouse in the margin at the line where the **** show up, you can delete them. You can also reveal your formatting by clicking the little backward P. I don't know which version your using, so I can't say exactly where it's located.

Once you find the reveal formatting button, you can surgically remove the **** without destroying your other formatting.

I hope that helps.