Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

Euro's 2012

Yettie One

Well Germany will play Greece, while Portugal will play the Czech Republic.

I figured the footballers were all big Summer Olympic Game fans and just emulating a personal hero, Greg Louganis. He'd be proud of their diving efforts.

Humph, so Spain and Italy carry on through, kinda as expected, however I can't say I thought Spain deserved to win their game.

:/

Actually both games today were really boring!

Grrrrrrrr

I'm disappointed. I was pulling for the Irish and Croats to pull off the upset, but both lost. And for whatever reason, my cable provider decided to compress the ESPN channel so it was all pixilated and impossible to watch so I could only watch the Italy vs Ireland game. Oh well, I guess I'll pull for Spain now.

Well now see, if anyone had told me that England would finish the qualifiers top of their table a few weeks ago I would honestly have laughed in your face.

My Bad!!!!!

I didn't think they would do it, but fair play to Roy he's done well with the team so far. Defensively they look good even if somewhat chaotic at times. I thought they would hurt without Frank Lampard, but Joleon Lescott and John Terry have been doing ok. They both impressed me last night. And Parker? Well the man just has an ability right now to be everywhere he's needed! Posted Image

While I think they could be a lot better, they seem to being stubbornly hanging in there. Italy next on Sunday, and I rather think we are in with a good shout there.

Posted Image

Edited by Yettie One

Well now see, if anyone had told me that England would finish the qualifiers top of their table a few weeks ago I would honestly have laughed in your face.

My Bad!!!!!

I didn't think they would do it, but fair play to Roy he's done well with the team so far. Defensively they look good even if somewhat chaotic at times. I thought they would hurt without Frank Lampard, but Joleon Lescott and John Terry have been doing ok. They both impressed me last night. And Parker? Well the man just has an ability right now to be everywhere he's needed! Posted Image

While I think they could be a lot better, they seem to being stubbornly hanging in there. Italy next on Sunday, and I rather think we are in with a good shout there.

Posted Image

You do realise that if England beat Italy, and Germany beat Greece, that's where England go out on penalties of course :P

ROFL. Ahem, let's put Italy out first me finks! haha

Let's hope Spain pull a rabbit out the hat and despatch Germany on some fluke, and have a bad day when we make it to the finals! 0:)

Ahem.....I need to take my own advice! :/

Concentrate on Italy damit! :P

The Germany-Greece score could have been a lot more lopsided. The Germans missed some excellent chances in the first half and if they'd have scored on some of those, who knows how the Greeks would have played in the second half. Besides, at that level you don't hold back on scoring - it's not like a kid's game where you're trying to let your team win without embarassing the other team. These guys are professionals.

"Heartbreak again for England" yelled the announcer.

Really? Was any England fan expecting something different?

I don't know they didn't just send the whole Chelsea team and be done with it.

Oh England England England!!!!!!

Did Wayne Rooney or Ashley Young actually complete any pass of consequence throughout that game? :/

Always at penalties ey! As my mate said, lots of same old same old.

So I'ma gunna cheer for Portugal in the next game. :) I'd love to see them dump Spain out, and Italy give Germany a headache. :) Hahaha, I can live in hope! :P

Really? Was any England fan expecting something different?

"It's not the despair, Laura. I can stand the despair. It's the hope!!!" Posted Image

Edited by Zombie

My condolences to the UN fans, but England downfall was that they had absolutely no control over anything that was taking place in the middle half of the pitch.

I don't think Germany should have much problem with Italy, but the Spain - Portugal match should be a beauty. I think Spain will win, but they'll have to fight for it.