Final Fantasy VI Advance

Raijen

Hey there, fellow gamers!

I just recently started playing FF6 and am at the point where Terra turns into some weird thing and flies off after speaking to an Esper. I'm really enjoying the storyline so far, and being able to return to 2D graphics is an interesting distraction from writing.

So, to all the gamers out there who have played Final Fantasy VI, what is your opinion about the game, and is it one that you would recommend?

I would definitely recommend FF6 - particularly the GBA version – to anyone looking to play an RPG! Lots of people consider it to be their favourite FF game and it’s easy to see why. The characters in the game are superb, the story is compelling…and Ultros! What’s not to love? In particular, I have to give a special shout-out to the villains (although I’ll say no more about them until you have finished the game).

Putting on my gamer hat, I’m a lover of low-level games and completing one in FF6 is particularly fun (and by fun, I mean that I found myself tearing my hair out several times)! If that’s not your thing, and since this is your first playthrough I’m guessing it won’t be, there are so many ways to progress through the game that it never gets dull.

I’ll now go and put my inner-fanboy back in his box.

• 6 months later...