Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Arnold Bellevue

Arnold Bellevue was the man who sold Ares to Rachel, which we saw mentioned in the prologue. He was mentioned there as planning on divorcing his wife, Bridget. We now know that she killed him after the sale.

I wanted to remind people of something Bridget said in chapter 16 Ignorance is Bliss,

Bridget Bellevue walked into her foyer and stood for a moment, looking up at her late husband’s portrait. After several moments, she spoke. “Arnold, how I wish that I possessed your skills in these matters. You had such a flair and a certainty for such things, and yet even that was not enough, not... then.” Bridget said, walking over to the mantle and gently picking up a black-framed photo, whose subject bore a superficial resemblance to Lisa. “It’s been so many years now, but it still hurts,” Bridget said, in a choked whisper. Then she returned her dead daughter’s photo to its place, and said in a firm tone. “I shall do what I can; I just hope that it is enough.”

Whatever Bridget is talking about, it's clear that in some ways, Arnold's skills exceeded her own. But what, and how? And flair? We're about to find out.

Looking at this again,it certainly makes you wonder about the manner of Bridget's daughters demise and her (Bridgets) motivations concering that... Wheels within wheels is an understatement. I wonder about a correlation between Rachel and Bridget here. Rachel obviously believed that what she did was for the best and the deception was to protect her family...(A very strong motivation) Bridget may have even stronger motivations (The death of a daughter) to accomplish her end game. All is not what it seems...

Can't wait till Tuesday

Great work CJPosted Image

arnold not a popular topic ... maybe bridget would fair better

gosh if arnold so smart he still got himself killed

perhaps the mystery is if arnold himself has his own stash of money and that infuriates bridget

as she wants it all to feel very ominous and powerful

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..