who is?

Celethiel

I'm almost 100% getting the Xbox One. Microsoft seems to have made some good deals/relationships with most big publishers which is good. I love the voice and hand commands it has. All my hard work in getting achievements will carry over.

I don't really see any pros to getting a PS4 over the Xbox other then the fact that the PS4 is marginally more powerful CPU-wise. Not enough to make a noticeable difference afaik. And the Xbox One has worked to offset this by including specialized RAM that will make its weaker CPU more efficient and nearly as good.

Plus, 15 exclusives in the first year makes my nerd senses tingle.

I'm almost 100% getting the Xbox One. Microsoft seems to have made some good deals/relationships with most big publishers which is good. I love the voice and hand commands it has. All my hard work in getting achievements will carry over.

I don't really see any pros to getting a PS4 over the Xbox other then the fact that the PS4 is marginally more powerful CPU-wise. Not enough to make a noticeable difference afaik. And the Xbox One has worked to offset this by including specialized RAM that will make its weaker CPU more efficient and nearly as good.

Plus, 15 exclusives in the first year makes my nerd senses tingle.

My biggest problems with the One are the potential invasion of privacy issues with the Kinect being always on and always listening/watching. I need to find out more about that and if you can stop it from showing your image to people without your permission.

My biggest problems with the One are the potential invasion of privacy issues with the Kinect being always on and always listening/watching. I need to find out more about that and if you can stop it from showing your image to people without your permission.

I'l be honest - that doesn't even enter my radar as something to be concerned about. People get way too scared/nervous/worried about this kind of thing imo...

I'l be honest - that doesn't even enter my radar as something to be concerned about. People get way too scared/nervous/worried about this kind of thing imo...

so you want to put on a show for microsoft if say you're watching something on your tv that's inappropriate?

Hey, if you're ok with potentially being recorded in your own home without your permission then that's cool. For me, privacy is a huge concern and always will be. I don't like the idea of anyone being able to get into my life in any way unless I let them.

so you want to put on a show for microsoft if say you're watching something on your tv that's inappropriate?

I hope that perv has a good time :)

I'm probably getting the PS4, but a looong time after launch. My PS3 usage is still in growth stage, still loads of games to play! :) 

On the tangential topic of privacy - big big concern for me. My information is mine, it's not for companies to use to for marketing or sales. Or even worse, I don't want my bank details ripped from some site :P I think the model companies are moving towards is dangerous, and if they don't sort out security properly I can see myself either not using them, giving them very minimal details or managing a lot of different skeleton accounts!

I'm probably getting the PS4, but a looong time after launch. My PS3 usage is still in growth stage, still loads of games to play! :)

On the tangential topic of privacy - big big concern for me. My information is mine, it's not for companies to use to for marketing or sales. Or even worse, I don't want my bank details ripped from some site :P I think the model companies are moving towards is dangerous, and if they don't sort out security properly I can see myself either not using them, giving them very minimal details or managing a lot of different skeleton accounts!

I hope you don't use google then :)

or any site really... lol. the massive interconnectiveness and business information grabbing by internet companies and just plain sites, makes having much privacy untangeble.

Yeah I know. I limit what they have access to as much I can - but that's really just history and bank details. They still have my emails. And even if I delete history and bank details, who knows if they actually delete it! :P 

And my blog is anonymous so there's that. 

Yeah I know. I limit what they have access to as much I can - but that's really just history and bank details. They still have my emails. And even if I delete history and bank details, who knows if they actually delete it! :P

And my blog is anonymous so there's that. 

They don't delete it :)

And they can track your blog to your IP which is registered under your real name, if they so desired. I'm betting Google can get around VPN's too but that's just conjecture.