The Steam Thread

advocatus diaboli

I like EU4, it's a bit different which was annoying at first. :P I've always like to play Castille, they have the best location and tons of options out of the "superpowers". I tend to eat Aragon, ally France and then either go off to enslave the muslim world and colonize a bit. Once Portugal has a bunch of colonies I start declaring war on them over and over to keep growing. Biggest I've gotten with Castile is all of NA, SA, Africa and half of Europe (up to the HRE borders + England and Italy).

I tried converting a CK2 game to EU4 as well..but it broke up my HRE in tiny little pieces and put England in...central Sweden of all places (probably since my capitol was there). I'm guessing it was due how the HRE was made up historically..which really sucked as I was looking forward to starting the game as an unstoppable blob and taking over the world :(

Oh, maybe the game thought you love Sweden, so it has to put England there..., just to tick you off.  :P

I rarely buy games without discount, so I'll wait for a bundle deal.  I am sure EU4 would have a lot of expansion packs like EU3 did.

Oh, if we were playing multiplayer game together, my Portugal probably would be a pain in the butt for your Castille.  I usually ally with England (historically accurate ally).  I ally Spain (if Spain is not yet formed, usually with Aragon) in early game to buy a little time, but that's usually an on and off relationship....  When French begins to invade North Africa, now that's where the fun begin.  I rarely fight French head-to-head (because that's just stupid), but from Fez to Tripoli, now that's where I wear French out.  A lot of times I ally with Navarre just to keep Spain in check (and gives me Casus Belli on Spain when I am ready to take over Iberia).  With my religious neutral policy, Granada is usually a good ally to give Spain a good run, though I don't expect it to survive for too long (as long as there are rebels popping up to fight against Spain once a while, I am okay).  Sometimes I am even the head of HRE, which is kind of funny when that happens.  I usually let Brazil go independent (after I got enough money to support my armada and Iberia is half mine of course) because I am such a nice monarch.  ;) 

When they introduced succession war system..., gosh, lots of super long war fares....  LOL

I'm being super lazy, but in the near future I plan on updating the Questionnaire and the Spreadsheet. I'll need to redo both, because it's too much of a pain in the ass otherwise. I'll replace the links in the opening post when I do so, and make a new post, so everyone knows. I'll fill in all the current information, but y'all will obviously need to fill in the gaps for whatever new games I add. You won't have to re-do the questionnaire, though, unless you haven't made an entry yet.

You just need to kill the portugese army and sit on all their provs with like 2 troops = finished :P Keep Aragon out of the war is crucial though, not enough manpower to slaughter both countries in the beginning :(

And that's what the Navy is for....  It's not that easy to kill off Portuguese army off when it's always on the run (and I can just wait for my ally to spice the war up).  Spain is too big to defend itself in the beginning, not to mention the game starts with Granada waging the war on Spain (though Portuguese is also having the problem with Gibraltar, but I usually settle it quickly so it won't be a big issue later on).

But fighting with the Spanish in Latin America is funny enough.  You just keep running in circles around the continent and all the colonies without walls are yours.  And Spain really can't send army to the Latin America, because that's what the Navy is for.  ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The holiday sale is an absolute &^%$#. I've bought so many games, it's sickening .. and I still haven't installed them all :/

Edited by Stellar

The holiday sale is an absolute &^%$#. I've bought so many games, it's sickening .. and I still haven't installed them all :/

I know, it's ridiculous. Plus, Gamestop threw FF14 on sale 50% off so I grabbed that for 15 bucks...

Beautiful game though.