[Topher_Lydon] Sigil of the Wolf

When I wrote book two I had no real idea where I was taking the story, i knew I wanted to deal with two key facts.

Elias and Peligia

Things became very different for the characters in book two of this series, and I am curious as to reactions to it.

Guest RACECAR
When I wrote book two I had no real idea where I was taking the story, i knew I wanted to deal with two key facts.

Elias and Peligia

Things became very different for the characters in book two of this series, and I am curious as to reactions to it.

At first, I was devastated about Elias' loss of memory. I love this character, and I felt that the saga had lost a great aspect, but as Elias evolved into Edward, I began to forgive the author, in my mind, for killing off my favortie character, and instead began thanking him instead for morphing Elias into someone more driven and confident than Elias, yet with the same big heart and love for Darien as Elias had. I know that it will never be the same again without Elias, but with the every day changes occuring to establish a free universe, it is a small price to pay. He's still hot, right? Anyway, I cannot wait to see what transpires in the near future

The Peligians must have been/be an incredible people. As I read, every time a piece of information regarding Peligia was disclosed, I grew more curious. By the end of the book, I am now dying to find out about the Peligians and their incredible technology.

Between Edward and Peligia, it made for a wicked cliff hanger!

At first, I was devastated about Elias' loss of memory. I love this character, and I felt that the saga had lost a great aspect, but as Elias evolved into Edward, I began to forgive the author, in my mind, for killing off my favortie character, and instead began thanking him instead for morphing Elias into someone more driven and confident than Elias, yet with the same big heart and love for Darien as Elias had. I know that it will never be the same again without Elias, but with the every day changes occuring to establish a free universe, it is a small price to pay.

I'm still in shock from elias' loss of memory :o He was my favourite character.everything was just starting to go right for him and darien and then this :(

I'm still in shock from elias' loss of memory :o He was my favourite character.everything was just starting to go right for him and darien and then this :(

Hypothetically if a transcended being were to become all knowing, would that being not automatically know who he is/was?

• 2 weeks later...
Book three has a HUGE twist.... betcha can't guess what it is :P

Dar is the direct decendant of someone important....

when elias transcends his love pulls dar along the trancendance with him...

all powerful means impotant....

just hurry up and release the dang thing!

• 2 weeks later...

I have to echo the sentiments of the preceding posts. It's time to reveal The Peligian Heresy. Please...

On second thought, I won't beg for it. Yet... Though seriously, release it when it's ready.

Having finished Sigil of the Wolf earlier today, I can say I'm ready for more.

I'll add my voice to the consensus about the shock of Elias' memory loss. You developed Edward into a strong character, but the progression felt a bit...off, to me. It's clear that Edward's strength and growth are coming from his love for Darien and residual memory of his life as Elias (i.e. remembering Darien's eyes), and a bit of VonGrippen, but the "true" Edward is described as shy, self-effacing, et cetera. I don't know, it just felt a bit to me like the character progression was too abrupt...I understand (and highly appreciate) the way that you've engineered (woooo pun :lmao: ) the development, but it would feel truer to me personally if there had been a more gradual strengthening/hardening of Elias/Edward's character. Relatedly, Darien draws the same strength from his love, but that development doesn't seem as involved. Maybe I'm just jaded a bit because Darien was such a strong character in the Falcon Banner, and the difference isn't as pronounced. Still, I adore the duality you've constructed between the two while at the same time pulling them apart so drastically.

Sephradon feels like a one-dimensional character to me...she exists only to destroy the Empire and to serve as Rikard's scapegoat from time to time. There has been plenty of character development with Rikard; I'm hoping there will be some for Sephradon in TPH.

I'm still a little disconcerted by the scope and depth of powers that Rikard and Sephradon exhibit. I can accept them at face value, but I'd love to see a bit more detail and explanation of them, their history and how they came about, and what they imply for the future of the Empire and for humanity. Are they Peligian in nature, or purely a result of human efforts? Can't wait to find out.

Hope the writing is going well...will TPH be of a similar length as Sigil (35ish chapters)? The same, longer, shorter, whatever it turns out to be, I can't wait to read it.

Rob

P.S. -- The .pdf downloads at Lulu are the best thing EVAR to a broke-ass college student. :wub:

Well now:

TPH is prooving longer than I thought, so long in fact I have to split it in half.

This will have the following benefits to you guys:

1. The Lions Pride will be out soon (book three)

2. The length of the book won't be stupid to the point of being so big it can't be read.

3. its actually cheaper on you guys if I split it, than if i tried to print an oversized book.

4. More cover art!

This means "The Balance of judgement" will be book Four

Well now:

TPH is prooving longer than I thought, so long in fact I have to split it in half.

This will have the following benefits to you guys:

1. The Lions Pride will be out soon (book three)

2. The length of the book won't be stupid to the point of being so big it can't be read.

3. its actually cheaper on you guys if I split it, than if i tried to print an oversized book.

4. More cover art!

This means "The Balance of judgement" will be book Four

Whoa, whoa, whoa, WHOA!

First of all, awesome.

Second of all, don't you dare put "judgement" on your cover! It's judgment :angry: </pet peeve>

Third of all...is the weather as screwy by you as it is in Minnesota?

Rob

Whoa, whoa, whoa, WHOA!

First of all, awesome.

Second of all, don't you dare put "judgement" on your cover! It's judgment :angry: </pet peeve>

Third of all...is the weather as screwy by you as it is in Minnesota?

Rob

Yeah I know how its spelled, yay Typos, you see i have a cute editor who fixes my mistakes :P

tellyah what I'll put Edward/Elias on the cover of Judgment just for you guys.

Yeah I know how its spelled, yay Typos, you see i have a cute editor who fixes my mistakes :P

tellyah what I'll put Edward/Elias on the cover of Judgment just for you guys.

While that particular typo is usually justification for death by stoning...or at the least, persona non grata status, how can I stay mad with that kind of cover art to come? :devil:

I think I'm too sarcastic for my own good...

Rob

Edited by icedfire
While that particular typo is usually justification for death by stoning...or at the least, persona non grata status.

Actually, my dictionary prefers 'judgement' (as do my eyes!), relegating 'judgment' to the status of an obscure alternate spelling.

I'm using the OED.

Actually, my dictionary prefers 'judgement' (as do my eyes!), relegating 'judgment' to the status of an obscure alternate spelling.

I'm using the OED.

Hrrrm...I was unaware that 'judgement' had gained any sort of credibility, but you're right. I'll have to amend my law code so that this pesky 'E' is only a misdemeanor :P

I get perfectly anal about word spellings...I think it comes from all the Scrabble. From Wikipedia, though:

"Traditionally, the word has been spelled judgment in all forms of the English language. However, the spelling judgement (with e added) largely replaced judgment in the United Kingdom in a non-legal context. In the context of the law, however, judgment is preferred. This spelling change contrasts with other similar spelling changes made in American English, which were rejected in the UK. In the US at least, judgment is still preferred and judgement is considered incorrect by many American style guides. As with many such spelling differences, both forms are equally acceptable in Canadian English and Australian English. In New Zealand English the form judgment is the preferred spelling in dictionaries, newspapers and legislation, although the variant judgement can also be found in all three categories."

Actually, I don't suppose that misdemeanor would work either...lol. Now everyone can needle my peeve and I can't do a thing about it :thumbdown:

Ah well...just so long as 'alot' never gains acceptance!

Rob

Ah well...just so long as 'alot' never gains acceptance!

Or 'thankyou', for that matter...

That's an interesting history there for 'judgement'. I can see that dropping the silent E is ever-so-slightly more phonetic than leaving it in (as far as English spelling is ever phonetic), but keeping it in seems much more regular - ie not changing the spelling of the verb before the suffix.

(pause as i re-read what i just typed...)

Not CHANGing the spelling...?

Sheesh.

Stupid English language... grumble...