we got us a case of Deep-sea pollution

Celethiel

That is something I never herd about before.  If they're losing thousands of those containers every year it isn't going to be long before it's a major problem. 

I don't think there's any way to clean up a mess like that.  They need to find a way to keep the containers secure.  I'm disappointed in what seems to be a lack of concern about this.

Along with the ecological problem there's the economic one.  Sometimes I wonder if there's any hope for the world. 

time for treasure hunting

container-map-350.jpg

Police warn off 'treasure hunters' after container filled with a MILLION cigarettes washes

article-2565824-1BC3710C00000578-595_634

Edited by hh5

this is one of the worst case pollution

83969eed-06a4-4072-affb-abd87dd33b5e_Max

The issue is if those mercury bottles break or leach out ... the Atlantic ocean is a risk

Edited by hh5

Just more examples of how mankind is adversely affecting the environment.  Just like the old song said, 'When will they learn?  When will they ever learn:'

That is something I never herd about before.  If they're losing thousands of those containers every year it isn't going to be long before it's a major problem. 

I don't think there's any way to clean up a mess like that.  They need to find a way to keep the containers secure.  I'm disappointed in what seems to be a lack of concern about this.

Along with the ecological problem there's the economic one.  Sometimes I wonder if there's any hope for the world. 

there are several ways of getting these containers back, it requires using deep sea recovery in some cases... for instance in the 50s or 60s i think it was, the U.S. recovered (if breifly) a Russian submarine from the Ocean floor.

If you liked that, you're gonna love this...

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/k19/radiation_main.html

doesn't even show what was lost in the pacific ocean :o and i am sure there were some after all we both have ports on both oceans, and sailed under the arctic too.

I have watched a lot of submarine disaster movies... always fun to watch :P

there are several ways of getting these containers back, it requires using deep sea recovery in some cases... for instance in the 50s or 60s i think it was, the U.S. recovered (if breifly) a Russian submarine from the Ocean floor.

Yes they can recover stuff from the ocean floor, but not that easily.  The submarine they recovered was a major effort, and cost a lot.  I don't think recovery is the best idea.  If they can't keep containers on their ships then someone else needs to do the shipping.  If they need to do the recovering thing then whoever lost the containers should be the ones to pay for it. 

I think people need to become more aware of the consequences of what they do and be more careful.  If the people who live on this planet aren't going to care for it then nobody will.  Unless, of course, some aliens decide it's their turn and boot our pathetic butts off.  I think I prefer the former.

some pay insurance against the lost of cargo or ships ... but not insure for recovery

it would take time to change the belief about keeping the sea clean

it be hard to police the ocean against those of the black market or smuggling n traffickers

over the years the ship or container becomes too fragile for recovery

but during that time pollution has already commence since the date of lost or sinking date

ie:u-864 has uranium n mercury bottles, if those mercury bottles break or leach out ... the Atlantic ocean is a risk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juXa6sLbMTI

Edited by hh5