The best player Reconciliation Essay I have ever read

Lebron James' Essay or Ode to Cleavland had me from beginning to end.

He has written an amazing essay that appeals to the heart of every fan, especially Ohioans, and even though I am a Boston Celtics supporter, I must take my hat off to his essay.

Even Miami fans have to admit, he is a class act to have helped them win a few championships despite the results of this season.

What do you think of his Sports Illustrated Essay to return to Cleavland?

http://www.si.com/nba/2014/07/11/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers

It was very well written, but it also pointed out a couple of things to me.  First, he said his 4 years in Miami was like college for some.  Maybe that's a problem, drafting players before college and not giving them a chance to grow and develop.  It's like the person that only has one partner before getting married.  Sometimes it works out, but more often there was no learning or developing from dealing with different partners. 

Second, in my subconscious mind, I kept hearing... I made so much money while I was in Miami that I can afford to come back now and be where my family wants to be.  Maybe I'm wrong, but it's a thought that kept racing through my mind. 

It was very well written, but it also pointed out a couple of things to me.  First, he said his 4 years in Miami was like college for some.  Maybe that's a problem, drafting players before college and not giving them a chance to grow and develop.  It's like the person that only has one partner before getting married.  Sometimes it works out, but more often there was no learning or developing from dealing with different partners. 

Second, in my subconscious mind, I kept hearing... I made so much money while I was in Miami that I can afford to come back now and be where my family wants to be.  Maybe I'm wrong, but it's a thought that kept racing through my mind. 

If Money and fame were so important though, he could have gone to Oklahoma, LA, or half a dozen teams that wanted him. Cleavland hated him after he left their team in 2010, the sports writers were burning effigy after effigy against him. Yet, he is heading back there to own up it and he still loves that city despite how much strain has come between them. I think it shows a good amount of character and honor, which are things that I never thought he had much of.

On your first point though, I completely agree, these guys should go through the NCAA first before the NBA. It makes my March Madness bracket that much more fun.