Star Trek Online

• Site Administrator

I tried that back when it was in Beta.  I couldn't get past the fact that the turbolift doors were 20 ft tall.  It struck me as highly irritating break in realism and I left and never went back.

Not that I have anything like free time needed to play. lol.

• Like 1

That's sorta fixed now. They got the door sizes right, but some things are kind of unrealistic. Huge transporter pads now, and scale of Interior for the ships vrs exterior is off.

It does have a good storyline, and is sanctioned by CBS/Paramount, so a couple of good things.

• Site Administrator

It's only Xbox One... I even have it installed, I just haven't wandered back in yet.

• 1 month later...
  • Site Administrator

Well, I did give it a try.  I played a few missions.  It's not bad on console.  Looks a bit aged.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Myr said:

Well, I did give it a try.  I played a few missions.  It's not bad on console.  Looks a bit aged.

Yeah, it is a little dated. What's funny is when they were releasing for XBox One, they made a huge deal about revamping areas for that platform. New lighting effects mainly.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator
17 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

New lighting effects mainly.

The lighting is fine...  but the clipping through objects is a bit distracting and the ground combat is bordering on embarrassingly bad.  Space combat was better though.

• Like 1