Max file size

Go to solution Solved by Cia,

I've noticed for a while that my max size allotment for sending pictures or files, either in PMs or through any textbox (in forums and even in this very box) is at a 'Max total size' of 1.39 kB. I know I've sent files before through PM and elsewhere on this site, but I've never been limited to such a tiny amount of data.

While I rarely use the 'Add Files' or 'Other Media' functions on GA, I was just curious to how this came about. I use the GIFs feature plenty in LPW in the forum games,, but I don't know if those would play a factor. Is there a limit to how much can be sent in a specified period of time? 

I tried to be cheeky and send a screen shot, but I had to crop it. And then crop it...and I cropped it some more. But I got it!:gikkle: it barely fits at 1.22kb! 

20210307_120802.jpg

• Site Administrator
  • Solution

We have tons of members. The more storage each member has, the more content is added and the more that tends to get left behind. You can remove older attachments through the "My Attachments" area linked in the My Content section in the drop menu under your name in the upper right corner of the website if you need storage. 

Images that add to your Attachments: If you use the attach files at the bottom of the text editor, that adds to your attachments. In the 'Other Media' drop menu "Insert existing attachment" uses an image you already have in your attachments from using before. The "Insert a Stock Photo" option will add a stock photo that will add to your attachments as well.

Images that don't add to your Attachments: To avoid adding to your attachments, or needing to remove images later, you can use the Other Media option of "Insert Image from URL". This lets you add images stored in your GA gallery (which also has a size limit), or another online source like a cloud photo gallery or photo sharing website, without adding to your attachments on GA. Please see this other Help topic for more info

• Love 1