Chapter Publishing Issue

The publish chapter does not work. Is this still a bug? If so how do I publish? Thanks.

This is the story: 

Chapter 15 is pending. The toggled publish button does not work and the only option is to set a future date, tomorrow. This does not work either because the window to input the date uses my calendar which is European (day, month, year). When I input the date it says the format is wrong, but I cannot input the date manually.

In short, impossible to publish. Any suggestions?

Edited by James K
More info
  • Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Your chapter seems to be published...

The system is now enforcing the 24 hour rule on time between chapters on a story to prevent people from abusing the system.

As for setting dates, click the field and select the date?

image.png

Not sure what the issue is?

Publishing: when I hit Publish I found the chapter listed. There was a message with a green background which said - your chapter is approved but not published. In the list the chapter showed with a clock. Now it is published, I'm not sure how or what the steps are. Maybe I should not have saved it but published it after copy and paste.

Calendar: if I click the field and select the date as you show above, the date appears as 19/05/2022, the field is highlighted pink and a message says enter correct format, or something like that. I could not type in the date manually. My calendar is in European format, so clicking the date will never give 05/19/2022 and there will always be an error. 

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator
2 minutes ago, James K said:

Calendar: if I click the field and select the date as you show above, the date appears as 19/05/2022, the field is highlighted pink and a message says enter correct format, or something like that. I could not type in the date manually. My calendar is in European format, so clicking the date will never give 05/19/2022 and there will always be an error. 

I'll mention this to our programmer, but we're using the forum software date, it should be automatic.

4 minutes ago, James K said:

Publishing: when I hit Publish I found the chapter listed. There was a message with a green background which said - your chapter is approved but not published. In the list the chapter showed with a clock. Now it is published, I'm not sure how or what the steps are. Maybe I should not have saved it but published it after copy and paste.

I'm guessing you've been gone from the site for awhile and missed the announcements?

The system defaults to saving your chapter to the system and then having you publish after that.  A large number of people seem to post and then edit because they don't like how the chapter looks in the system.  With this change (saving to the system and publicly publishing), you can edit the chapter over and over again until it looks the way you want it, without messing up anything else (such as triggering a notification, then unpublishing the chapter to edit and causing users to spaz about broken links).  Once it is all set, publish now works (so long as you haven't posted a chapter to that story in the last 24 hours), otherwise you have to set a date. The date set defaults, or should default, to that 24 hour limit. 

• Like 1

I will see what happens when I next publish a chapter, because it doesn't appear to publish quite as you describe. I don't recall any message or anything to indicate the chapter is published after clicking publish. As I recall, these were the steps: SAVE - PUBLISH - Chapter listed with clock symbol and not online - A short while later chapter is online.

Thanks for your time and helpful replies 😊

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator
5 minutes ago, James K said:

Thanks for your time and helpful replies 😊

Please try to screenshot it, if you can next time and paste into the editor. (Windows Key - Shift - S) on Windows. brings up the screen capture and you can draw a box around what you want to capture...

image.png

• Like 1