Imagine Question For 8/25

Comicality

Ex-2

Love can truly be a beautiful thing. Full of joy and self confidence and giving freely of yourself until you've got nothing left to offer. The sun just seems to shine a little bit brighter when you're in love.

But...as wonderful as it may be, even for a long term relationship...it doesn't always last. Way it goes, I suppose. Sad but true.

However, when the romance ends...can you still be friends with your ex? It happens all the time for a lot of people, but I'm talking about you, personally. Can you hang out and talk and still be exceptionally close with someone that you used to date, and not have it be weird? No kissing, no sex, no friends with benefits...just friends. I mean, you guys used to be close at one time. Would that have to stop? Will they be able to see you date someone else? Can you see them dating someone else? Would you worry about slipping back into a relationship that should probably be left alone? Of can ou leave well enough alone on your own and maintain the friendship without having to worry about it?

Give us your thoughts on this for Imagine Magazine! Let's see what you've got to tell us! Seezya soon!

I, personally, think that there's a lot of different things that go into making that decision. I mean, as far as being 'civil' to one another, I wouldn't have any problems with that. I'm not big on holding grudges.

But, it's like...was it just a mutual break up, or something that didn't work out? Did he break my heart? Did I break his? Did one of us cheat? And even if we agree to say that it's really over...is it?

I'd like to think that under normal circumstances, I could easily be friends with an ex-boyfriend without any big issues. Why not? Not everybody was meant to last forever, you know?

But if we were ever a toxic combination when we were together, then there's no way that I'd trap myself in that corner for the sake of being the nice guy. So I guess it's the circumstances of the break up itself that would answer this question for me.

I do agree but I think for me personally the short black and white answer is one that eventually one that leads to no because while the initial effort to keep things as friends etc starts off well, it becomes too stressful bc one of us didn’t want to break up and it simply becomes too painful to not be that other person’s choice

• Love 1