We all have fun scenes from our stories. In this thread, authors show us your favorites!

From Broken, Chapter 20

Two thirteen-year-olds have a misadventure with bees.

II hit some roots at an awkward angle, crashed my bike and rolled into a bush. It was not just any bush. It was an ancient Azalea bush in full bloom, attended by squadrons of angry bees that were not at all amused at my unexpected arrival. I jumped up and down, running and cursing all of bee-kind and their predictable irritability. I did that bizarre dance that people do when bees are after them; running down the trail, dodging and weaving. The bees soon lost interest in chasing me, and went back to collecting nectar.

To make matters worse, when I looked up, Brian was off his bike rolling in the grass laughing. I snuck up to the bush to retrieve my bike. Luckily for me, the bees were contemptuously ignoring me as I made my escape. I walked to where Brian was rolling around in the grass laughing and sat beside him.

“It’s not funny-”, I complained. “Bees suck.”

This only served to ignite a new gale of laughter from Brian. Since he was useless, I decided to jump him and tickle him into a stupor. I wasn’t cruel about it. I quit before he stopped breathing, and the two of us lay in the grass laughing.

When he had recovered enough to talk, Brian asked, “They didn’t sting you, did they?”

I smirked and shook my head.

“Oh my God, Jimmy, where did you learn how to dance like that? You could be on Soul Train.”

“I don’t know about that. They would have to have bees. I doubt they would go for it.”

• Like 2
  • Love 1