Hey Gang,

I don't know how many of you use yahoo mail as your primary email service but I got something from a friend that said yahoo temporarily suspended his account.

Well he got this from someone else that could explain it. This is what he learned.

"I have just received, purporting to be from my own email server, an email which tells me that I will be suspending my account! It is worded in such a manner that a gullible user will believe it to be real and will open the enclosure, which is a virus, and will probably kill his computer."

So if you get one of those messages just DELETE it immediately.

My point of this is be careful what you open from Yahoo. Someone is dong the nasty again and this one don't feel good.

Take care, :)

Mike S. :sword:

Yeah, I was hit by a virus the other day and I lost everything :( Don't open any suss emails and update your antivirus software and run windows update, i didnt do any of these and I was hit hard :angry:

• Site Administrator

I get an unbelievable amount of email across all my my accounts (something like 10 without counting my work account)

I have Norton AV on my machine... and ZoneAlarm Pro... and I do windows update regularly.

No virus has been able to get past yet.

ONLY 10? :P

Back before I switched my personal e-mail I was getting approx. 50-100 /day on that one e-mail account. at the time we still hadn't installed anti-virus on our mail server (we own our own ISP) so over half of them were viruses :o My motto is, if I don't recognize it, buh-bye :2hands:

The past 3 days, I have been getting an email in my yahoo account that has no name for who it is from, no subject line, and it is at the most 512b in size... GONE! I have also been marking it as spam.... Hopefully, yahoo will get off their asses about it and DO something!

When a friend of mine recieved a threatening email from someone using a yahoo account, I contacted yahoo abuse about it, and informed them...being a member of your network for 8 years warents SOME kind of action regarding this. the told me a few days later, they DID bounce that one out of Yahoo.

Frankenfurter

• Site Administrator

10 ACCOUNTS! not 10 emails... I get that at work in just the daily engineering change notifications :P