Jack Bauer Interrogates the Moonites

JamesSavik

:lol:Jack Bauer Interrogates the Moonites :lmao:

What? You guys don't watch the news? Sigh. OK- here's the set up which makes the video hysterically funny.

mooninites.jpg

These are Mooninites- obnoxious 2-dimensional creatures from the moon. They are recurring characters from Aqua Teen Hunger Force: a cartoon that appears in the wee hours of the morning on the Cartoon Network and enjoys a cult-like following among slackers and potheads. Aqua Teen Hunger force has a stunning array of idioticvillians who are only slightly dumber than the heroes of the show: Frylock (a large order of McDonald's fries), Master Shake (a milkshake) and Meat-wad (a lump of hamburger meat with a suitable IQ).

To promote the show, a New York ad agency, using Guerrilla marketing put a number of displays in major cites all over the country that look like this:

070131_boston_hlarg_3p_hlarge.jpg

Boston authorities pushed the panic button and thought that it must be a bomb. It has electronics, led lights, batteries and a message that we don't understand. It must be a bomb. Right?

CNN: Two held after ad campaign triggers Boston bomb scare

(P)MSNBC: Cartoon promo causes panic in BostonMarketing ploy for

Thanks a lot for the explanation, James. As you may have noticed, a few around here do NOT live in the USA. The media we're exposed to have very different things on, and if, overall, we tend to have 80% of US movies, series and cartoons, the perception of it is not the same. In an average Mad Magazine, there are always 15/20% of jokes I won't understand.

Your explanations are then quite welcome, and nicely done. I had read the blog, but had no idea what it referred to.

But, this being said, it seems some number superstition is building up here, with people refraining to add posts and going to edit previous ones. I clicked on the subject by mistake, otherwise I wouldn't have noticed your kind reply. Which was technically your thousandth.

I just do not possibly comprehend how anyone thought it was a bomb?!!?

Bombs DO NOT have flashing lights or big LED displays.

I always laugh when I see a TV show of a move where hidden explosives, complete with flashing lights (I'm not kidding) are being hidden or sought. I just assumed that Hollywood was too stupid to know that something designed to be hidden and covert WILL NOT HAVE a feature like a flashing red light! (This is one of many reasons why I so rarely watch movies or TV; the majority of it isn't worth the time.)

I had no idea that law enforcement could be similarly moronic.

On the other hand, I have no sympathy for the advertisers here either: They were apparently placing their advertising without the knowledge or permission of the property owners. If that is the case, I hope they get jail time, to discourage that kind of theft.

• Site Administrator
Bombs DO NOT have flashing lights or big LED displays.

I'm sorry, but I've watched a LOAD of Thunderbird episodes and in every case where there is a bomb, it is clearly labelled with the word 'BOMB' to make sure everyone knew what it was. If it's good enough for TV, I'm sure it's good enough for terrorists....