Free Hugs Campaign!

jalaki

So, as I seem to continually be bringing this up around various locations whenever the mood strikes me, I decided GA would be another good target, especially since I don't seem to see any mention of it around here.

Shame on you, Aussies! This started in your backyards! Hehe, anyway, here ya go, enjoy!

-

Sometimes, a hug is all what we need. Free Hugs is a real life controversial story of Juan Mann, a man whose sole mission was to reach out and hug a stranger to brighten up their lives.

In this age of social disconnectivity and lack of human contact, the effects of the Free Hugs Campaign became phenomenal.

As this symbol of human hope spread accross the city, police and officials ordered the Free Hugs Campaign BANNED. What we then witness is the true spirit of humanity coming together in what can only be described as awe-inspiring.

In the spirit of the Free Hugs Campaign, PASS THIS TO A FRIEND and HUG A STRANGER! After all, if you can reach just one person...

Music by Sick Puppies. (Visit http://sickpuppies.net or http://myspace.com/sickpuppies for the music)

*wraps everyone up in a giant, crushing, warm fuzzy happy hug* :hug:

• Site Administrator

I'm not sure, but I think this had a thread earlier, even if it has been aged off the front page.

I remember reading about all the negative publicity the council got when they tried to ban it :thumbdown: They really should have known better.

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

It reminds of the saying: Practise random kindness and acts of senseless beauty.

:hug: jalaki :hug: , thanks for bringing this to our attention. I have seen one guy giving hugs on the campus of my university. LOL, I thought that the student is doing research or working on some kind of homework assignment. So me and my friend hugged him.

I searched youtube and discovered that the "Free Hug" campaign is global. Here are some examples.

1. Free Hugs in Japan

8. Free Hugs in Australia

10. And even in my country :)

Hugs,

Michael.

I searched youtube and discovered that the "Free Hug" campaign is global. Here are some examples.

[a ton of videos]

Hugs,

Michael.

Yeah, it's completely awesome how widespread it's gotten; I just linked the "original" and figured I'd let others see all the ones around there. It's pretty damn cool IMO :D

Oh, and Graeme, if it was posted before it became invisible, 'cuz I did a full search of the board with several different phrases to see if it had been and found nothing :P Oh well, never hurts to repeat it if it WAS around before :D

*HUGS for everybody*

• Site Administrator
Oh, and Graeme, if it was posted before it became invisible, 'cuz I did a full search of the board with several different phrases to see if it had been and found nothing :P Oh well, never hurts to repeat it if it WAS around before :D

I think you're right. I must have seen it on another board.

~hugs~

Graeme :D