Jump to content

PrivateTim

Members
  • Posts

    4,620
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by PrivateTim

  1. PrivateTim

    Chapter 35

    One thing that occurred to me a couple of chapters ago is that Wade needs to spell out very clearly who would control Riley's trusts, should anything happen to him, I don't know if that is Sean, Matt, Nana, Tiffany or someone else, but it needs to be clear it ain't Grandmama Lizzie.
  2. PrivateTim

    Chapter 89

    A great way to spend a Friday night with a new chapter of The Gap Year. Thanks Mark and team for this epic. How can anyone say Will is mature, let alone mature beyond his years? He is a complete douchebag with anger/rage issues. A mature individual would have simply waited for Travis to vent his anger and waited with crossed arms while Travis ranted. Eventually Travis would have burned out and been wondering why Will was just smiling. We are four years past Will's Malibu Meltdown and his anger/rage issues have barely moved.
  3. PrivateTim

    Chapter 33

    Why is Will and Zach drifting apart sad? Zach is poison. Has been since he was first introduced in the series. Barring a Road to Damascus event, Zach will always be a snake, out only for Zach.
  4. PrivateTim

    Chapter 32

    So Will is a worse control freak than Brad? Will is the one who hates it when people get into his business, but he has no problem getting into everyone else's. He had no right to talk about Buzz's encounters with the other family members. He violated Buzz's privacy and theirs. He really had no business outting JJ's encounter with Buzz at a family dinner. He should have told Brad and JP/Stef privately if he felt JJ was in danger of self harm again. This idea that he found out about JJ's encounter from someone else, not JJ, and therefore he is free to use that information as he sees fit, doesn't hold water with me. And why is a 16 year old dictating to the adults how this should be handled and who should be told what?
  5. PrivateTim

    Chapter 30

    He is in Honolulu of course and Stef was one of the two people allowed to know. We now get why Mike Carmichael wanted it hush hush and not to use his cell phone once he'd left for Oahu.
  6. PrivateTim

    Chapter 27

    The chimes on the grandfather clock began sounding out the seven bells, telling everyone it was dinnertime. It is time to class up Escorial. They need a staff member walking through the house to announce dinner, playing All Right Now on a chime.
  7. PrivateTim

    Chapter 25

    I've finally figured out what's wrong with Will!
  8. PrivateTim

    Chapter 22

    Right. It's Wade's fault Will cannot have an adult conversation......
  9. PrivateTim

    Chapter 22

    Another calm, rational adult walking on eggshells because of Will "The Volcano" Schluter.
  10. PrivateTim

    Chapter 21

    First "lanyard", now "surfing tournament".... I hope Kai did well in his surf contest 🤣
  11. PrivateTim

    Chapter 20

    OMG you've been gone from CA way too long... a "lanyard"? How about a leash? Good surfers who surf big surf now are wearing vests they can inflate if they are being held under too long.
  12. PrivateTim

    Chapter 19

    I meant to mention this a few chapters ago.... for Zach being "deep in the closet" because of football, an inordinate number of people know he and Will are together.
  13. PrivateTim

    Chapter 18

    Okay, let me make a new prediction.... Will is going to spend some time in Dallas (or Dallas, time in Will) 😲.
  14. PrivateTim

    Chapter 17

    Will "Don't Fucking Tell Me What To Do" Schluter has spent most of this book telling others what to do and manipulating them. I figure that was all sarcasm or TIC because obviously we are on the chain hill and because it's been a 17 chapter chain hill, the plunge is going to be spectacular. My head is firmly placed against the head rest to avoid whiplash.
  15. PrivateTim

    Chapter 15

    I don't like a 16 year old with a fake ID getting hammered with his father and grandfather. I expect a 16 year old to want a fake ID, but I think the adults in his life should not be approving of it. As I've noted many times, I just don't see the attraction of getting drunk over and over and over.
  16. PrivateTim

    Chapter 14

    Dude, Brad must have had some serious peyote and gone on a vision quest. All that was missing was five naked Native Americans in a sweat lodge. I've had some weird moments in dreams (sans peyote), but I think Brad got more out of his then I did of mine.
  17. PrivateTim

    Chapter 13

    I don't remember a lot about this story, but I know it made my head hurt because it is so twisted and complicated. We are only 13 chapters in to an 85 chapter story. Even Margo Channing couldn't take it. She unfastened her seatbelt, grabbed a chute and jumped.
  18. PrivateTim

    Chapter 12

    “Neither Will nor JJ wanted him to be involved,” Stef replied. “As he has not called to check up on them, I think that is a reasonable request.” No it is NOT a reasonable request. Did Wade and Matt call JJ or Will from their trip? Did Stef and John Paul from their trip? It isn't JJ or Will's call to make and since JJ and Will were targets, Brad could be too. Brad and Marc could be in danger. Will would go off the deep end if such a major even were kept from him.
  19. PrivateTim

    Chapter 11

    It could have happened and it just didn't make it into the story, but surely JP would have called Brad since it is his kids being fucked with in an attempt to get at him. Brad himself could be in danger. And of course Will should have called him. Will gets pissed because Stef and Brad didn't tell him that Schluter-Caruthers was moving their office. This is a bit bigger than that. There isn't a main character adult in the entire CAP series that Will hasn't been pissed at, hasn't been rude to, doesn't think he is smarter than, doesn't think he is more right than and has treated badly, despite all the things they have done for him. Will manages to bring the characters together because they are all reading the script in front of them, not because Will is the magical Golden Child.
  20. PrivateTim

    Chapter 10

    I see dead people. I thought Trevor was free and clear of Elizabeth? So that makes me think Alexandra, going after Brad's children. I am not sure Elizabeth cares enough about Mary Ellen to get rid of JJ as competition. And Julius I think is doping Zach.
  21. PrivateTim

    Chapter 9

    This was a truly awesome chapter. Absolute mega drama, clearly something has Zach freaked out. But of course a new thing occurred to me reading the reviews. Where is Team Will to defend Will ruining three of Zach's tires? That it was obviously the only thing Will could do. It was the adult, mature action to take and really it was Zach's fault anyway.
  22. The third Jake is introduced in Chapter 1 of Poor Man's Son. He is one of Gathan's friends. I believe Will hooks up with him at some point.
  23. PrivateTim

    Chapter 7

    A well dressed, Division 1 Power Five football player, Stanford grad would have no problem getting a job in marketing (which means sales) in investment banking, investment management or commercial real estate. The hiring managers literally get hard when such guys walk in the door because they are everything the geeks wanted to be in college. Figure skating long had a reputation as the most corrupt of sports when it came to judging. In the two sports I am involved with, if the national office ever tried to interfere with officiating decisions there would be Hell to pay.
  24. I've read every CAP story in the last three months. I was just going to read a couple to remind me of things relevant to The Gap Year, but I found in rereading Paternity that I needed to remember parts of Be Rad and The Land Whore and so on. I know there is another Jake out there, I just need to remember the story.
  25. PrivateTim

    Chapter 6

    John is a Stanford and whatever other faults Stanfurd has, they don't let in dummies, even if they are great athletes. If John had considered it for two minutes he'd have figured it out on his own. So could many others, in addition to those who know already. As said before, it is Brad who pays Will's credit card bills. So you acknowledge that Will is immature and doing things purposefully to goad Brad, primarily to interfere in Brad's life? Most of the money isn't his and it isn't his place to offer John a room in a family apartment, no matter how noble. Remember how pissed Will gets when others do things like that. Will didn't buy the house in Hawaii, Brad did with family money once he decided it was a good investment. And he is doing things to provoke Brad.
×
×
  • Create New...