-
Posts
6,511 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by sandrewn
-
incongruity - Word of the Day - Fri Jan 3, 2025
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Just the facts: Incongruity Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster -
anachronism - Word of the Day - Thu Jan 2, 2025
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Just the facts: Anachronism Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster -
chronoscopy - Word of the Day - Wed Jan 1, 2025
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Happy New Year to you all I know just what you mean @Bill W (Slim pickings for day one) Just the facts: Chronoscopy Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster Chronoscope Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster -
When I first read this, it was just after midnight and had no comments yet. To all of you that beat me to it, I wish you all a Happy New Year. This was another great chapter. Mark, which was the reason I did not post a comment as soon as I read it. Your story was the first I saw here at GA in this new year. I once told you (decade +) why I joined this site, it was as true then as it is now. -------------------------------- sandrewn 22,630 Posted February 25, 2013 Mr Arbour, another great chapter. So exactly when/how did Granger find out Winkler spoke Spanish (suprise)? I have been following your stories for several years now. Finally I couldn't remain silent any more, so I took the plunge and signed on so that I could voice my concerns of those who perport to be your followers. Where the heck are you all ? If Mark doesn't post you whine and now that he is (thank you ever so much) where are your comments? Many of you are yourselves supposedly Authors and know of the importance of feed back good or bad. Even a two word post of well done, is preferable to the silent indiference I have noted of late. Thank you Mark please keep it up. -------------------------------- I said it then and I'll say it again, Thank you Mark please keep it up. sandrewn I do have to admit, the size of your fan club and their numerous comments, is really impressive. Have a great year.
- 34 comments
-
- 16
-
-
-
Just the facts: Chronicle Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster
-
synchronize - Word of the Day - Mon Dec 30, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Just the facts: Synchronize Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster -
chronometer - Word of the Day - Sun Dec 29, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Just the facts: Chronometer Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster -
chronicity - Word of the Day - Sat Dec 28, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Just the facts: Chronicity Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster -
krypton - Word of the Day - Fru Dec 27, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Just the facts: Krypton Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster -
just the facts: Boxing Day Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster My comment was not the best of those given today. I suppose no reference is perfect, but a few of those today would of been my first choices.
-
Merry Christmas to all! And of course, just the facts: Festival Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster
-
heartwarming - Word of the Day - Tue Dec 24, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Just the facts: Heartwarming Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster -
Spiders have blue blood One of the most interesting spider facts is about their blood. We often assume all living things have red blood because humans have red blood. However, there are some animals with different colors of blood. For instance, snails have blue blood, skinks and leeches have green blood, and beetles have yellow blood. Mammals have hemoglobin, which transports oxygen to the cells. Hemoglobin has an iron atom that absorbs all light colors other than one and only shows the color red. Hence, the red color of blood in mammals. In spiders, it is different. Spiders, like snails, have blue blood. Their blood is blue because hemocyanin, the compound that transports oxygen, has an atom of copper, unlike mammals. The hemocyanin in their blood absorbs all colors except blue, making their blood blue.
- 852 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- deadly spiders
- nightmare spiders
- (and 4 more)
-
rubicund - Word of the Day - Mon Dec 23, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Just the facts: Rubicund Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster -
rhapsodic - Word of the Day - Sun Dec 22, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Just the facts: Rhapsodic Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster -
ruminate - Word of the Day - Sat Dec 21, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Just the facts: Ruminate Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster -
quagmire - Word of the Day - Fri Dec 20, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Just the facts: Quagmire Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster -
quiescent - Word of the Day - Thu Dec 19, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Just the facts: Quiescent Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster -
I see 8, for a like(more often) I'll even point them out to you(hint).
- 852 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- deadly spiders
- nightmare spiders
- (and 4 more)
-
quixotry - Word of the Day - Wed Dec 18, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Just the facts: Quixote Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster (Two days in a row M-W has let me down) -
- 852 replies
-
- deadly spiders
- nightmare spiders
- (and 4 more)
-
kaleidoscopic - Word of the Day - Tue Dec 17, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Just the facts: KALEIDOSCOPIC Synonyms: 80 Similar and Opposite Words | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus (Sometimes even M-W lets me down) -
kakistocracy - Word of the Day - Mon Dec 16, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Just the facts: Kakistocracy Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster -
bromine - Word of the Day - Sun Dec 15, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Just the facts: Bromine Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster -
selenium - Word of the Day - Sat Dec 14, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Just the facts: Selenium Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster
