-
Posts
6,512 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by sandrewn
-
psychologist - Word of the Day - Sun Oct 20, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Just the facts: Psychologist: What They Do, Specialties & Training -
otolaryngologist - Word of the Day - Sat Oct 19, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Just the facts: Otolaryngologist: What They Do & When To See One -
He joined GA in 2005, you joined GA in 2007. So you know how it works here. He surprised you, with the two other stories you commented on. So why don't you PM him and ask? You just might get an answer!(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)🤞 Then of course you might tell us(me) what he said.
-
urologist - Word of the Day - Fri Oct 18, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Paladin, sometimes not finishing a sentence is a good thing,(the study of_____). Bill W, two weeks until one less problem, 🤞. Just some facts: Urologist: What Is It, When To See One & What To Expect -
hematologist - Word of the Day - Thu Oct 17, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Just to add a some bits, to what Bill W has said, a few more facts: What is a Hematologist? (Blood Disorder Specialist) -
rheumatologist - Word of the Day - Wed Oct 16, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Filling in some of the blanks from what has been said, so far. Just the facts: Rheumatologist: What They Do and Conditions They Treat -
pulmonologist - Word of the Day - Tue Oct 15, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
I am a bit late this morning, to add to what has been said, with a little more detail, as promised. Just giving the facts: What Is a Pulmonologist: When To See One & What To Expect -
oncologist - Word of the Day - Mon Oct 14, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Just the facts: What Is an Oncologist? : Cancer Specialist (Oncology) Definition & Types -
neurologist - Word of the Day - Sun Oct 13, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Just the facts: What Is a Neurologist? What They Do & When to See One -
gastroenterologist - Word of the Day - Sat Oct 12, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
I have decided on how I will respond to each new, 'Word of the Day', from now on. The regular responders of this blog, are much more eloquent and have a way with words that I do not. So, I will content myself when possible, with just presenting, just the facts(thank you Joe Friday)! So, here are the facts: Gastrologist Or Gastroenterologist? Know The Difference? -
endocrinologist - Word of the Day - Fri Oct 11, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Today is one of those days it seems, when it just feels like a Friday! And won't you know it, it is indeed, Friday! A TV character, Jack Webb(from Dragnet), comes to mind, he is best remembered for his famous line " Just the facts, ma'am, just the facts". His name was, Joe Friday, a coincidence you say, I think not. So, here are the facts: Endocrinologist: What Is It & What Do They Do TGIF, -
dermatologist - Word of the Day - Thu Oct 10, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
A dermatologist is a medical doctor who specializes in conditions that affect the skin, hair, and nails. Whether it's rashes, wrinkles, psoriasis, or melanoma, no one understands your skin, hair, and nails better than a board-certified dermatologist. The above sounds simple enough, right? Wrong!!!!!! Read the following and the long road it takes to get there. What is a dermatologist? Of course they are specialists and I live where????? So by the time I got to see one, or any specialist for that matter, I would already be worm food. -
complaintologist - Word of the Day - Wed Oct 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Hats off to you, you did it, you managed to silence the peanut gallery!!!!! I typed in your word and when I pushed enter, I think I/you broke Google. Well done Sir. Little wonder your minions have been silent so far. So during the calm before their eventual replies(fingers crossed). May I offer you an apple? As we await the rush, or failing that, the arrival of tomorrows' word of the day, I will go twiddle my thumbs in anticipation. Ah, Paladin, the first brave heart to reply. -
cardiologist - Word of the Day - Tue Oct 8, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
How about just the ones that have to do with our word of the day? Cardiovascular Specialist vs. Cardiologist: What's the Difference? -
allergist - Word of the Day - Mon Oct 7, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Removal of my tonsils, was my only classical hospital experience(late 1950s). My earliest positive memories of doctors, Ben Casey and Dr. Kildare. Of hospitals, St. Elsewhere. Sadly, all those great images are gone, leaving, House M.D., as a bitter aftertaste. Unfortunately, the older you get, the better the odds, you will need one(a doctor) in the not to distant future. A GP or specialist(see the today word, as an example). I have no problem with that, it is getting past the bureaucratic ' Gatekeepers' that is the greatest hurdle in doing so, be it Canada, US or Australia. -
pediatrician - Word of the Day - Sun Oct 6, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
You two have covered the word of the day, pretty much, thank you. My search was centered in my province, Quebec. I have not needed to see a doctor for over fifty years. So no, I do not have a family doctor. Looking on line this morning, I found that over a quarter of Quebecers do not have one. Mainly because GPs are over loaded already. Which is why our emergency rooms are usually, swamped. The only reason I mention any of this, is because our word today. This is the shocker and I think a scary thing I learned this morning. Healthy Quebec kids can no longer see pediatricians, must now find a family doctor | CTV News Sounds okay, I think not!!!!! Especially when you understand that over 2 million Quebecers, don't have a family doctor, not for the lack of trying to find one that will take on new patients. So I guess it is back to the olden days, if you can find a regular, ordinary doctor to take you on, good luck. Oh, did I mention the dog and pony show they want you to go through, before you crawl into the ER. If you don't have a family doctor, Quebec wants you to use this system before going to ER | CBC News sandrewn -
It just goes to prove, stick around long enough and today can become the new reality, a Rod Serling moment? Me, giving the type of reply, typically expected here (stuffy, not fluffy). Ascetic Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster While two trusted members, give a reply, more often expected of me! I can almost hear the theme song from 'The Twilight Zone' playing in the background. The Twilight Zone theme song - Google Search
-
ambivert - Word of the Day - Fri Oct 4, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Another day in the classroom(for me). Introvert and extrovert I knew of. Ambivert, new to me, as was omnivert and now I know about all four. Miss George, my grade one teacher, would have given me a gold star, I think. Time and again, I have said I like easy to understand answers, with the following, I rest my case. Introvert, Extrovert, Ambivert & Omnivert -
osteopathy - Word of the Day - Thu Oct 3, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
I must admit that our word of yesterday was a bit dull compared to any of the words I'd seen here before. Today, back to student mode. New word for me, what is it, what is the treatment, who gives it? All totally new(to me) and for any of you in the same boat, I offer the following. Osteopathy: Everything you need to know DO vs MD - Is M.D. better than D.O. ? - Differences between an MD and a DO -
If you go back to the very first page of entries, Zombie(16 Nov 2013) answered the very questions you are now asking. take care,
- 852 replies
-
- 4
-
-
- deadly spiders
- nightmare spiders
- (and 4 more)
-
Wow, what a change, from multi multiple syllable words to banal. Who ever said there are no dull word here, surprise!!!!! The first example I came upon, seemed to be the perfect two cent one I was looking for(short and sweat). If something is boring and unoriginal, it's banal. Banal things are dull as dishwater. Ever notice how some TV shows, songs, and even phrases are boring and unoriginal? It's like you've seen or heard the same thing a million times.
-
dilettantism - Word of the Day - Tue Oct 1, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Don't laugh, Seeing Myrs' entry, then shaking off the dizziness it caused, my first thought was a prone, scantilly clad twirling dervish like painter?? My second thought and yes, I have used the word to describe a few people in my life. Was, ' A Jack of All Trades, Master of None ', at no time was it used as an insult, rather as a compliment on their varied and much needed skills at the time. That my friends was two cents worth, -
misanthrope - Word of the Day - Mon Sep 30, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
I'm back, 11 comments, impressive, and then, my meds kicked in, or that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. Next was, full moon? But 17 Sept was the only one this month. Who cares, I was off to the races once again. Thus Misanthrope, become Lycanthrope (in my mind). LYCANTHROPE definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary Warren Zevon - Werewolves Of London (Official Music Video) [HD] - YouTube How in the hell you ask, don't know, don't care, don't ask. Of course with the only FM being on the 17th Sept, that thought was dead in the water. So no answer as to why so many replies today. This was my two cents worth for today. I'll try to find some more loose change for what ever comes tomorrow. -
misanthrope - Word of the Day - Mon Sep 30, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Every thing said here, today, is a reflection of how we in western culture, view things. Is how we have been brought up, keeping in mind that we represent a minority in the world. So, agreeing with what has been said and repeated over and over on all the sites(western culture). I tend to understand the suggested career choices for misanthropes. They seem like a good fit, so to speak. Also, that all of us, once we went beyond the family unit, have met and know a person with some of the characteristics mentioned here today. A friend is a friend, the only qualification that I need or require. Good Careers for Misanthropes -
complacency - Word of the Day - Sun Sep 29, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
I can relate to each of the comments made here today. The one I quoted, is the scariest and I can actually recall some of the times that it happened to me. I have nothing to add, but I do have a couple of tunes playing on a loop in mind at the moment: Judy Garland Somewhere Over The Rainbow 1939 - YouTube Louis Armstrong - What A Wonderful World (At The BBC) - YouTube
