-
Posts
6,512 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by sandrewn
-
incorrigibility - Word of the Day - Sat Sep 28, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
@drpaladin@Paladin@chris191070@JamesSavik Well, it is over 9 hours later and I have learned an important lesson. One should always expect the unexpected, especially with regards to membership feedback(you know who you are). 1 - A new made up word, porridgibilty. 2 - Possible toppings for porridge and/or crackers: - Tuna - Chicken Liver - Marmite - and of course, Vegemite 3 - Bourbon with Grape Soda = Up Chuck Thank you all, for your inputs, I will, you understand be holding onto my two cents worth. After all of your comments, what could I possibly add to equal what has been said. -
incorrigibility - Word of the Day - Sat Sep 28, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Firstly, @Paladin, you are most welcome. I think I will hold on to my two cents worth, in the hopes of getting yet more feed back from the membership. I await and watch, till later, bye. -
incorrigibility - Word of the Day - Sat Sep 28, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Most of the words of late offered here, I have never used and at my age, with the time I have left, probably never will. Life goes on. I came across this, found it to be interesting and offer it for your thoughts. The Concept of Incorrigibility on JSTOR I hope there are many comments to come on this one, I would like to see what you all think. Then offer my two cents worth, once the dust has settled. -
pathological - Word of the Day - Fri Sep 27, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
I could spend a goodly amount of time on this one, but won't. I chose to focus instead on his last quote for the word of the day. Pathological Liars, Psychopaths & Natural Liars - Differences I am going to suggest a test that each you may try and is impossible to cheat at???? You would only be fibbing to yourself. The Test! This is a three part(3), times test. Close your eyes and say one of the types, whose face or what faces come to mind. Do this for each type. You may lie out loud, but the the face or faces you pictured, was the test. I rest my case! If you really want to scare yourself, preface each selection with the word, politician. How is that for, food for thought. I know I just scared myself and can't stop shivering. -
benevolence - Word of the Day - Thu Sep 26, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
I've taken the three entries of Bill W and classified them as, good, good and not a nice person. Once again it was change the site name and get the same old, same old. So I chose Wiktionary, no frills, boring and basic. benevolence - Wiktionary, the free dictionary This entry is a bit dated, some of the names and amounts have changed, I'm sure. It does my heart good knowing that the following 20 listed, have had/are having a positive affect on millions upon millions in the world. The 20 most generous people in the world | World Economic Forum Even if not named, we all know the names of those who are the opposite of those listed above. -
condonation - Word of the Day - Wed Sep 25, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Not happy with the choice today. Right and wrong are thrown out the window, and someone or group, somewhere gets to decide guilt and the degree of punishment, if any. You'd think we would have learned our lesson by now or will we ever? Condonation - Wikipedia sandrewn -
I do believe so. Unfortunately, now I also am wondering what happened to Donegal, before I try to speed read a gazillion chapters, I hope some one from our faithful crew has the answer for me(🤞). I would be so ever grateful. Thanks in advance, sandrewn
-
gerontological - Word of the Day - Tue Sep 24, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Thank you @Bill W, I was not enjoying visiting all those sites talking about "OLD PEOPLE", then you posted this and brightened up my day, thanks! Imagine that, I am only a "young-old", heck, a whipper snapper! 1954 HITS ARCHIVE: Young At Heart - Frank Sinatra (his original version) - YouTube Oh, if you are curious, scientists image dying brains cells.... Scientists Image Dying Cells in the Brain for the First Time < Yale School of Medicine -
Multifaceted - Word of the Day - Mon Sep 23, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
I made and posted this comment, before I saw and read drpaladins'. I was not referring to the 'Fly' movie. However, I have seen most of the 'Fly' movies and agree with what he said. -
Multifaceted - Word of the Day - Mon Sep 23, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Thank you Bill W, now we know its' makeup and start up and I also loved that song, but don't recall the movies' name? I chose to focus on the last thing Myr said, His multifaceted personality made him an interesting person to talk to. Here are 4 names that I would include on any list of such individuals: A great example of a multifaceted personality is Leonardo da Vinci. He was not only a master painter, known for masterpieces like the Mona Lisa and The Last Supper, but also an inventor, scientist, engineer, anatomist, and architect. His curiosity and interdisciplinary approach allowed him to contribute significantly to various fields, including art, science, and technology. Another notable example is Benjamin Franklin, who was a Founding Father of the United States, a successful diplomat, an inventor (known for the lightning rod and bifocals), a writer, and a scientist. His diverse interests and accomplishments reflect a highly multifaceted personality. In contemporary times, figures like Elon Musk and Oprah Winfrey embody multifaceted personalities as well, excelling in various industries like technology, entertainment, and philanthropy. Each of these individuals demonstrates how a rich blend of interests and talents can contribute to significant impacts across different domains. (Truth be told, Elon is really starting to worry me?!?!?) -
unbelievable - Word of the Day - Sun Sep 22, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Is an example of why many find the English language, difficult to learn. UNBELIEVABLE definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary -
inconspicuous - Word of the Day - Sat Sep 21, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Each site I looked at, just seemed a relabeling of the one before, so I opted to just inject a bit of humor today. -
discombobulate - Word of the Day - Fri Sep 20, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
You two, wow, me three! ------------- Discombobulate is a fun, fancy word for “confuse.” If something has put you in a state where you don't know up from down and you can't spell your own name, you may be discombobulated. Discombobulate kind of sounds like you feel when you're disoriented: bouncing around in several directions at once. Trying to say discombobulate for the first time might discombobulate you! Because of its funny sound, discombobulate is often used in a humorous way. Are you ready to assemble some furniture, or are you too discombobulated after reading the instructions? Discombobulate - Definition, Meaning & Synonyms | Vocabulary.com Almost every single time, that I go looking for our daily word, I come across some really weird stuff. An example follows, play it or delete it, there is no right answer here!!! When She Farted On My Balls - YouTube (I did warn you) -
photosynthesis - Word of the Day - Thu Sep 19, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
I am not one to comment on rumors , but scuttlebutt has it that George Hamilton was bitten by a Triffid when he was a child. More often than not, children ask the right questions, here is a fine example and the answer is just what we needed: Why do trees need sunlight? An environmental scientist explains photosynthesis -
thermodynamically - Word of the Day - Wed Sep 18, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
I have been trying to comment here since the disruption, without success. This has given me time to read all the other comments. It is embarrassing, but I will post it anyways. Entry posted by Myr in Word of the Day 13 hours ago The process was analyzed thermodynamically to ensure efficiency. ............ It must of been a very heated exchange. (at the time it seemed quite humorous to me, now, in reflection maybe a just a little bit funny? ) -
misinterpretations - Word of the Day - Sep 17, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Just don't mention, 'eating ' your pets! Oh sorry, we are not supposed to talk "Politics" outside of the pit. My bad, -
misinterpretations - Word of the Day - Sep 17, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Okay, I'll play nice now. Meaning of misinterpretation in English. the act of forming a wrong understanding of something that is said or done, or an example of a wrong understanding: The statement is unclear and open to misinterpretation (= could easily be misinterpreted). This is a deliberate misinterpretation of events. I don't know about you, but this sure sounds like politics(these days) to me. Ending this with: The Most Famous Examples of Misinterpretation -
misinterpretations - Word of the Day - Sep 17, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
My very first thought on reading the above was, this is all Greek to me! The second, gobbledygook!! Enough said!!! -
intercontinental - Word of the Day - Mon Sep 16, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
For once, a clear direction(pun intended) given. The other choice is a hotel chain with countless sites(yes, there is one in Montreal, surprise). With no beating around the bush(for a change), at the moment, the world's longest nonstop flight is the route between New York and Singapore. With a calculated distance of 15,349km and almost 19 hours of flying, the route operated by Singapore Airlines is the longest in the world. An interesting, if not slightly different topic for today, thank you: Top 13+ Longest Flights In The World: Pushing The Boundaries | CabinZero -
electroencephalograph - Word of the Day - Sun Sep 15, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Okay, the bell has rung, the round is over. Everyone back to their corners and let us use this timeout to look at things from a different perspective. Rocks and pebbles have been mentioned, but have you considered, Pea Brained. I will leave you with two points/thoughts on this: 1- Just a simple fact of life. 2- Who says it ? -
electroencephalograph - Word of the Day - Sun Sep 15, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Two points of view, no wrongs here, just a different direction taken from the starting point. Are we talking of the machine, or of its' purpose? I chose the machine: An instrument for making electroencephalograms ELECTROENCEPHALOGRAPH definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary -
uncharacteristically - Word of the Day - Sat Sep 14, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
We are off to the races again, with a word that is a mouthful, requires a spell check after each use and is often longer than the sentence it is a part of. There is much to be said for monosyllabic words(short & sweet, easy to spell). I think it is a character flaw, I often try for something more compact, yet as meaningful(not requiring a spell check). So..........What is another word for uncharacteristically? What is another word for uncharacteristically? | Uncharacteristically Synonyms - WordHippo Thesaurus -
incomprehensibilities - Word of the Day - Fri Sep 13, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
every time I clicked on our word, using......bilities, it referred automatically to bility! To make a long story, short, here is all my hour of effort will give you. "Incomprehensibilities" Meaning Incomprehensibilities refers to something that is difficult or impossible to understand; unclear or obscure. It can also refer to the state of being unable to comprehend or make sense of something, often due to its complexity, ambiguity, or lack of clarity. "Incomprehensibilities" Pronounce,Meaning And Examples I saved the the best (most frustrating) for last. incomprehensibility - Wiktionary, the free dictionary incomprehensibilities - Wiktionary, the free dictionary 1- Don't Panic and Always Carry A Towel 2- Happy Towel Day ( 25 May ) -
antidisestablishmentarianism - Word of the Day - Thu Sep 12, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
I can not tell you how many times I have come across today's word in my lifetime! No, really I can't, I have no frigging idea (it has been a few, a whole bunch at least?) I don't know why, but a picture of Alex Trebek with a flashing 'Spelling Bee' sign behind him, is in my mind. Fortunately I came across the answer(and spelling of it), in the first sentence, after googling it. Antidisestablishmentarianism is an outdated political ideology based on the idea that the United Kingdom should not abandon the Church of England as its formal state religion. Those who opposed the concept of state religion wanted to disestablish, and so those who opposed them were antidisestablishmentarians. This one makes me long for the good old days, of simple, one (1) syllable words. 1 One Syllable Words | Monosyllabic Words and that nostalgic song, Mary Hopkin "Those Were The Days" on The Ed Sullivan Show - YouTube -
melancholy - Word of the Day - Wed Sep 11, 2024
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
I had opened my computer store at 8 AM. When I tried to log onto the internet, only noise and blank screen. When the net came back on line. It showed a news flash and film of the New York sky line, burning tower, one had already collapsed, all planes were being grounded. The Pentagon was attacked and my first thought was, the world as we know it has forever changed. All this before my first coffee. So yes, the great roll of joy has stopped, for today. A day of melancholy, remembrance, sadness and anger. However time marches on, never forget, lessons have been learned. Ever vigilant, never again. Tomorrow is a new day, take your first step forward with the rest of your life and the next roll of joy.
