Jump to content

sandrewn

Members
  • Posts

    6,523
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sandrewn

  1. "If you are going through hell keep going." ---Winston Churchill sandrewn
  2. Have you ever wondered what a group of birds is called. Gaggle and flock I know, of others not so much. I wasn't aware of the variety of names out there. What do you call a group of birds? (and no,a group of birds, is not the answer) http://www.lyberty.com/encyc/articles/murder.html sandrewn (well, I thought it was interesting)
  3. I must admit my frustration on seeing that ' You have reached...' any number of times and when exactly the 24hr time out would finish???? I guess I wasn't alone. Playing the devils' advocate, my only concern is that the ability to LIKE at will(so to speak) will decrease the value of a like. As long as we use them as before and not as merely an indicator of having read the chapter, post or seen the picture. A like should still always mean that we really liked something. I enjoy giving a well deserved like. I enjoy receiving likes for something I did(if it was notable). A like, should be a bonus, not something that is felt to be due. Otherwise they will just be numbers without any real value or meaning, EBGOs (everybody/thing gets one). Just my thoughts sandrewn
  4. I think some of my status updates are causing some alarm to some members here. They are meant to be interesting and informative and nothing else. For the one on ' Dust Mites '. Read the following references, to put things into proper perspective. Dust Mites: Everything You Might Not Want To Know! http://ehso.com/ehshome/dustmites.php http://ehso.com/ehshome/dustmites.php#1What sandrewn (sorry to all of you)
  5. This post is because Cia piqued my curiosity with a reply made in my status update. About identical twins in her family. Twins - interesting twin facts Fraternal Twins vs Identical Twins http://www.pregnancyweekbyweek.co.za/2009/09/fraternal-twins-vs-identical-twins/ Thanks Cia sandrewn
  6. Just a bit late(2 days). I still wanted to join the crowd in celebrating your BD. You help to make this site what it is. So I hope that your day was every thing you wanted it to be and that... You Dayne Mora Had A Wonderful and Happy Birthday!!! sandrewn
  7. "I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." ---Thomas Jefferson sandrewn
  8. no, not a yahoo at all, at all. Hoping this post finds you hale and hearty. One post in the last 12 months, just life catching up to you I hope. Well I just wanted to... Wish You Allan A Very Happy Birthday!!! sandrewn
  9. I am out of practice, here it goes anyways. I am a day late, but I hope you had a great day. I just wanted to say... Wishing you Jade1988 had a Great and Happy Birthday!!! sandrewn
  10. welcome aboard camgib! Now that you have broken your vow of silence, I hope we will hear more from you. Mark is always looking for feed back from us. Thanks for joining in. Be seeing you sandrewn
  11. This one made me cry, so why did I post it here? This thread is also about the good that people can do and in so doing did indeed make all the difference in a young boys' short life. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/12/11/cried-all-way-home-santa-claus-grants-final-wish-dying-child/95315536/ RIP Santa's Number One Elf sandrewn (do unto others as you would have them do unto you)
  12. And the hits just keep on coming, with two weeks still to go in the year. Growing Pains was one of my favorite shows. Alan Thicke will always remain an example to me of the positive effects that a television show can have on a generation. His passing reminds me of my own mortality. http://www.edmontonjournal.com/entertainment/celebrity/canadian+actor+alan+thicke+dead+after+suffering+heart/12523133/story.html I think it was in the last year of the show that a sixteen year got a big break, as being a new family member. What a small world it is. http://www.etonline.com/news/153736_watch_a_16_year_old_leonardo_dicaprio_adorably_spoil_the_final_season_of_growing_pains/ RIP Alan Thicke sandrewn
  13. Now that we are confident of Grangers' return, I will start from where I stopped reading, at chapter 27. For the rest of you I have a suggestion or two to fill in the time. GA remains my favorite site(home). However two stories I have found may appeal to some of you fellow followers of our charming Captain. http://iomfats.org/storyshelf/hosted/solsticeman/a-royal-achievement/01.html http://www.castleroland.net/library/chapter/arthur/db/db_001 sandrewn (I hope you find them as enjoyable as I have)
  14. "I don't dwell on my age. It might limit what I can do. As long as I have my mind and health, it's just a number." ---Nola Ochs sandrewn (so far, so good)
  15. No, I haven't lost my marbles! This post is all about Marbles. Why, you ask? Why not, is my answer. Marbles: History and Varieties Cat's Eyes History https://www.toysperiod.com/blog/collectibles/toy-marbles-history-and-varieties/ How to Play http://www.landofmarbles.com/marbles-play.html Collecting http://www.landofmarbles.com/mm5/merchant.mvc? sandrewn (now where the hell did I put my marbles? It's only been 57 some odd years since I last used them)
  16. Bill W and Myr, I did not realize how significant your wishes of 'Godspeed' were until a few minutes ago. ' Godspeed, John Glenn ' The same words sent him into orbit in 1962 sandrewn Final mission (Kirk: Second star to the right and straight on till morning.)
  17. Why Do Some Turtles Have the Option To Breathe Through Their Anuses? http://io9.gizmodo.com/why-do-some-turtles-have-the-option-to-breathe-through-1591864018 Scientists explanation http://www.upi.com/Science_News/2014/06/17/Why-some-turtles-breathe-through-their-butts/2541403025519/ sandrewn
  18. "I didn't lose the gold. I won the silver." --- Michelle Kwan sandrewn (the right mind sync)
  19. It is not very often I come across a picture that captures my heart as this one has. Plus I didn't know where to post it. Not that many members visit this thread, but I chose here because as long as I am a member of GA this thread will remain active and this picture will remain available to any who would like to see it. Two Happy(?) Owlets sandrewn
  20. I came across this and felt I had to warn glitteryantlers of a possible pretender to her throne. Though it doesn't really look like anything to be seriously worried about. But forewarned is to be forearmed and always ever vigilant. sandrewn (a loyal palace guard)
  21. If the plan doesn't work, change the plan but never the goal.
  22. Up until his flight my dream was to be a Mounty(R.C.M.P.). After watching him blast off into orbit in 1962 at the age of nine, becoming an astronaut was added as an either/or to my list of one. I just checked my dust covered stamp collection, not touched in forty plus years. My pair of unused Mercury (1962) 4 cent stamps are just as I remember them. He was the last of the Mercury 7. The first to go up in to orbit, the last of his peers to leave us. I think he was my first hero and he never let me down. http://www.space.com/34964-watch-john-glenn-s-historic-friendship-7-launch-video.html Rest In Peace, John Glenn "Fair Winds and Following Seas" Semper Fi sandrewn
  23. sandrewn (step by step)
  24. Every winter we all have to relearn how to drive on snow and ice. Montrealers are no exception. Sometimes though it is just a matter of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Add black ice to the mix and presto. Watch both videos in the article that follows, I can so relate to what is happening to every one involved. http://globalnews.ca/news/3107028/montreal-winter-weather-pile-up-bus-car-police/?sf44927425=1 Been there, done that sandrewn (don't you just love winter)
  25. I wonder if digital cameras/phones will have the next generation scratching their heads with this one? sandrewn (caught in between)
×
×
  • Create New...