Jump to content

sandrewn

Members
  • Posts

    6,518
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sandrewn

  1. I like to think that most people are kind and caring by nature. It is good to see proof of this every so often. http://animalmozo.com/2015/11/24/27-animals-that-people-did-amazing-things-for-17-made-me-lose-it-2/ http://cottagelife.com/news/adorable-newborn-beavers-given-second-chance-thanks-to-saskatchewan-wildlife-centre Sandrewn
  2. I was looking at the latest pictures that northie put in her gallery. I used an old phrase to describe them, it was, like an 'English Country Garden'. A song came to mind that I had not heard or thought of in over forty years. I promise that I won't play it again for another forty years (and don't worry I'll be worm food by then).
  3. I'll keep this short and to the point. Enough said, Sandrewn
  4. A bit off the topic, but I just saw your galleries. I am out of likes, so asap I will comment on those that really caught my attention. I like the theme of your stories and will read and review also asap. Now back to the purpose of this post, which was to... Wish You metajinx A Very Happy Birthday!!! Sandrewn
  5. How often have you heard it said, or said it yourself " We are just one big happy family!". My friends, this family is the epitome of what this often laughed at phrase, should mean. I think love & faith were and are this family's cornerstones. From Diapers to Diplomas x 7 http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/2016/05/22/mccaughey-septuplets-graduate-high-school/84751478/ Sandrewn
  6. Of course not. Have you been to a party that at some point needed something to get the conversation going again? Yeah, me too. How about one of the following as an idea. Two points, I would like to add before hand. 1. No 3 - You would think that after all this time (2,700 years), it would now be legal! 2. No 2 - Some toys never seem to go out of fashion (28,000 years and counting). 12 of the Oldest Objects ever Discovered http://www.goliath.com/random/12-of-the-oldest-objects-ever-discovered/?streamview=all Sandrewn
  7. To all my fellow Canadians here, I hope that you have a... Happy Victoria Day Victoria Day in 2016 In 2016 the Victoria Day holiday is on Monday, May 23. Victoria Day is a Canadian statutory holiday celebrated on the Monday preceding May 25 in every province and territory. It honours Queen Victoria's birthday. In Quebec this holiday is called "National Patriotes Day" (Journée nationale des patriotes). Victoria Day is also commonly referred to as the "May two-four weekend" or the "May long weekend" and it marks the unofficial start of the cottage season where cases of beer* are consumed by hard working Canadians. That's what we heard anyway. Or maybe it's called May two-four because May 24, 1819 is Queen Victoria's birthday :-) FYI: Prince Edward (1767–1820) after whom PEI was named was Queen Victoria's father. Victoria Day is a non-statutory "general" holiday in the maritime provinces of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, PEI and Newfoundland. In Quebec the National Patriots' Day is commemorted on this day. Call it what you will, its party time (as I twist off the cap of a cold one). CHEERS!!! Sandrewn B.T.W. - Everyone else, you are invited to join in, the more the merrier!!!
  8. As I have said before, almost every time I visit GA I learn something new. I had never heard of FIV. My found stray kitten was never sick a day for seven years. In the space of a couple of months, I was at the vets holding her as she went to sleep for the last time. I never knew if it was something I did or didn't do for her. I am now better armed for when the next stray (it's inevitable) comes along. Thank you Sandrewn
  9. You broke through the barrier last year(50), now you can just enjoy each and every one as they come. Plus, you have all weekend to celebrate! Your works have at times made me look back at things/events in my own life and made me wonder what if, on occasion. Few writers have done that, thank you. Don't stop, your fans and friends await new chapters and stories yet to come. I do really want to... Wish You Cole Matthews A Very Happy Birthday!!! I had to reach back for this original. Sandrewn
  10. I am going to dust off my credit card and its' really your fault! I feel the need to reread a certain story (series) of yours. I have enjoyed your stories since beginning here. I noticed a theme here today, so I'll go with it. I do want to... Wish You Rob Colton A Very Happy Birthday!!! I was going to do 'Werewolves of London', but changed it at the second. Sandrewn
  11. In the US or Canada the reporter would have had to use a politically correct descriptor. Beak, Bill or Rostrum comes to mind. I just don't think Pecker would of made it? That being said, I like a happy ending. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2191699/The-boy-11-taught-stricken-bird-pecker-chick-fell-nest.html Sandrewn
  12. Extra ! Extra ! Read all About it ! Blue Moon & Red Mars 21 - 22 May Sounds fantastic, Yes? Read the following for the reality check, sorry in advance. I still intend to watch it. It is a special and rare occurrence. http://www.sciencealert.com/a-blue-moon-and-a-red-mars-will-pair-up-this-week-here-s-how-to-watch Sandrewn
  13. Nancer, this is my first contact with you. Two things. 1st, Emi considers you a great friend, I consider EMI a good friend, therefore you and I are friends. 2nd, every GA member deserves a Happy Birthday Wish. So here and now, I want to... Wish You Nancer A Very Happy Birthday!!! Sandrewn
  14. There is not much I can say that has not already been said by those before me. A great writer, hard GA worker and caring individual. Still, I want to add my voice in... Wishing You Graeme A Very Happy Birthday!!! Sandrewn
  15. Hello tamy! Hi there ZephyrSky! Howdy-do to you too Zahara! As was mentioned before it is great that you introduced yourselves. Now any who care to, can check in here and find you guys. Of course by posting, reviewing or making your own (photo) gallery, the active members will shortly get to know you well. There are thousands here who only read and are content with that. That is your choice, all are welcome here at GA. However, if you want make friends and get involved, this post that you just made here was the first and hardest step, the next one will be easier. After that just keep on going and enjoy yourself. Be welcome fellow members! Sandrewn
  16. Just to bring a smile back to every ones' face. Have any of you ever considered 'Honey Cake'? I didn't think so. See slide 30 for an explanation. http://www.slideshare.net/ariatta/mezeskalacs Sandrewn
  17. To my favorite Author and reason for joining GA. Thank you once again Mark. I note that you are the only one with a Birthday listed for today! I guess your profile was right when it says ' There Can Be Only One! '. I really want to... Wish You Mark Arbour A Very Happy Birthday!!! Sandrewn I can't make out what the flag says, pretend with me that it says, Happy Birthday Mark Arbour.
  18. Graeme, I am glad I had said 'as a rule' and not always. Despite the lack of response to this thread, I think that in a few months McEvoy will prove us (you and I) to be right in Rio. Then on the geek side, time will I am certain justify this thread. Go Cameron McEvoy Go!, reach for the stars.
  19. When last we spoke I promised you reviews. Truth be told, I have not read anything here since the 4th of Oct 14. The first story I will read is yours, hopefully soon. Enough said, I do want to... Wish You Thorn Wilde A Very Happy Birthday!!! Yellow Sandrewn The other videos seemed a bit too risque for here
  20. Graeme, as is most often the case you have the ability to select excellent subject material for your posts. That, as a rule are of interest to most, if not all of our membership. Yup, you have done it once more. Now I will be hard pressed to choose between my Canadian Olympic swimmer(s) and McEvoy, should they race him in Rio. Well done (again) Sandrewn
  21. It is a bit late, but I could not let it pass unsaid. Today is a special day we set aside to honor our Mothers. It maybe on a different day where you live, if so that day (date) is special to you as well. What ever you feel towards your own Mother, if it were not for her you would be here to read this. Some of yours may have passed on, I am lucky that mine was able to celebrate her 92nd on the 1st of May. Regardless, if I close my eyes, I can hear her voice clear as a bell over something I did as a child, those many years ago. So to all of our members who are one of these oh so special people in all of our lives. My Wish To Those You Who Are Mothers A Very Happy Mother's Day!!! Sandrewn
  22. This man's work and achievements have provided me with many, many hours of learning through his fascinatingly visual TV docummentries. They make you want to watch. Had school been like this I would of excelled. As a new Nonagenarian, I hope he can carry on for a while yet. Wishing You Sir David A Very Happy Birthday!!! There are so many to choose from. From here (I like Sailfish) with a few clicks you can find and view as many as you want. http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/life/Atlantic_sailfish#p004y2th Sandrewn
  23. You and I joined around the same time. I stayed quiet and you took off like a rocket. From the outset, you posted, reviewed and got involved with everything that was going on here. Then you joined the staff to help out even more. My hat is off to you, keep it up please. Finnish is supposed to be close to Hungarian, I don't think so. So I chickened out of giving you a Finnish Birthday Video. I must be going through my third childhood phase, but I like the one I chose for you. I just wanted to... Wish You Suvitar A Very Happy Birthday!!! Sandrewn
  24. From the Summit you have reached, you can see what your tomorrows maybe, today. Congratulations, well deserved.
  25. Author, Artist, Illustrator extraordinaire and to cap it all off an all around nice guy. You my friend add a lot to this site. Keep your bristles soft, your pencils sharp and keyboard handy. I do want to... Wish You Roberto Zuniga A Very Happy Birthday!!! Sandrewn
×
×
  • Create New...