Jump to content

Summerabbacat

Broken Email
  • Posts

    8,341
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Summerabbacat

  1. Hopefully Aunt Jessica got slammed by that out-of-control semi-trailer driven by a man who has had a heart "episode", the one I have suggested on several occasions to address homophobia in some of your stories @Lee Wilson. What a fucking bitch. I assume Simon is her husband; well bitch he is more likely to molest a child than Dylan you ignorant imbecile. Dylan's father was a wonderful surprise, and a far more suitable relative for Dominic to be exposed to than Jessica Muffmange from Minnesota. This story is superbly written @Lee Wilson.
  2. I had no idea there was so much to be done when someone dies @Lee Wilson. This story, although now very sad, has been an effortless to read to date. The pacing and chapter lengths have been perfect. Unsurprisingly, this story seems to have generated more comments than any other from your back catalogue that I have read thus far.
  3. Death was the kindest release for Lacy given the circumstances and prognosis had she "lived". I agree with those readers who felt Dominic knew his mother had passed away. He is as Dr Greene surmised, a very intelligent child. I believe Dylan's calm demeanour in a time of crisis also helped Dominic cope with his mother's passing. A very well written chapter @Lee Wilson. My eldest cat, Kiki, passed away 13 months ago from a suspected brain tumour which in hindsight I believe she had for 4-6 weeks beforehand. In the last 24 hours of life she had several seizures, one of which was scary to observe, and passed away relatively peacefully at the age of 17. The sensitivity with which you wrote this chapter was truly beautiful.
  4. It certainly sounds as if Lacy has had a major seizure, although I think she may still be alive, but perhaps in a vegetative state. Dylan is extraordinary in that he has to date been able to forgive and forget. He has been a wonderful father to Dominic, and I suspect will soon become a sole parent. More good work @Lee Wilson.
  5. How very true @Celian; often not done out of fear.
  6. Lacy to Dylan "It is my turn to be Peaches tonight". Dylan to Lacy "No it's not. Just because you Shake Your Groove Thing at him every time he comes over to take you out on a date, does not mean you are his Roller-Skatin' Mate. And you can forget about us ever Getting Down, Getting Down or Reunited". No you did not telegraph the "twist" @Lee Wilson, which was hilarious. I wonder how many people have found themselves in such circumstances without knowing beforehand. At least Lacy did not blame Dylan (yet) for her misfortune on this occasion. A very humorous chapter @Lee Wilson which could have been anything but if Lacy had turned Miss Sourpuss or Psycho Bitch again. You are a deft hand with the unusual and have an appealing black sense of humour.
  7. I think Lacy is operating on the belief that life for her will be all ha ha hee hee going forward. Whilst it is healthy (apparently) to have a positive attitude, I think she is being somewhat naive or unrealistic about the future. Like several of my fellow readers, I am suspicious about what is motivating her to be so accommodating to Dylan. I am not convinced she was only a bitch to Dylan because of her brain tumour. Call me heartless, but I, like @kbois, think Lacy is quite manipulative and has an ulterior motive for playing Miss Nice. Your high quality writing continues @Lee Wilson. Unlike Lacy, you are consistent.
  8. Now that's what I call music @Lee Wilson. Marvin was a great singer and a looker too I thought. I for one don't care if the medical possibilities in this chapter are IRL medical impossibilities. As you rightly pointed out in the preface to this chapter, it is fiction. I was pleased to see Tommy got into trouble with his parents for the unkind remark he made about Lacy to Dominic. I had a great laugh at the explanation offered by Dr Greene as to why he may have said what he said: "No. Dr. Greene told me why he may have said that. She said that sometimes children just say things that they shouldn't. They don't always think before they speak. Kind of like you said about hitting." If there is truth in Dr Greene's pronouncement, then clearly many nations in the world are currently governed by children, as are many states or their equivalent within those nations.
  9. As is often the case, a particular song or sometimes several songs suddenly make themselves heard in my head when reading your work @Robert Hugill. The lyrics of the following song struck a chord with me regarding the dilemma Vince finds himself in, particularly the last three lines of the chorus: "Not until I'm ready for you Not until I'm ready for you Can I have it all" Words of wisdom from one of your "quartet", Kate Bush. Hopefully, Vince is "listening" and pays them heed; proves he is NOT the man his father was.
  10. “Not the fine detail, no. But I thought, can’t you take a step back from the practice, become an associate or something, do more of the work that you love, deserving stuff, people that won’t care who you’re seeing.” Yes, it may be easy for Gray to say as he is an out gay man, but he is trying to help his brother, the pig-headed Vince. Vince is right though, it is his decision to make. Does he want to potentially be happy with someone he obviously cares a great deal about otherwise the decision would be easy to make, or does he want to continue living what appears to be a somewhat lonely existence to maintain the status quo. I think Vince should speak to Freddie as Freddie is the only person other than Peter who may find himself significantly impacted if Vince decides Peter is what he wants and to be open about it. I cannot imagine Freddie will disapprove or make a fuss of any kind. If Vince is already a partner in the firm he works for, what can his fellow partners legally do. I cannot imagine Vince's behaviour in the workplace will change drastically if he decides Peter is what he wants. Being open about Peter will also have the benefit of ridding Vince of Venetia Murray and her insufferable attempts at matchmaking. I loved Gray's reference to the period when Vince was an "apprentice solicitor". I can only but imagine the offence this statement would cause to some with social ideals the opposite of Vince. An excellent chapter @Robert Hugill. This dilemma of Vince's will likely sorely test the developing relationship between the brothers. Vince appears to be going through his "Ralph, pre-Nolan period". At least Vince does not have overbearing parents or a demanding ex-wife to consider or listen to in making his decision.
  11. Illness of any kind is I imagine difficult to write about. If you describe the illness in minute detail and its impact with an abundance of emotion, is it too maudlin for the reader or does it have the effect of trivialising the illness? if you describe the illness and its impact superficially, does it present as cold and detached? I think you have done a fine job @Lee Wilson, presenting sufficient facts for the reader to appreciate Lacy's erratic behaviour, and illustrating the impact it is having on both Dylan and Dominic, without relying exclusively upon melodrama.
  12. Lacy's brain tumour may have lain dormant for some time. It may account for her erratic behaviour, the accusations of infidelity, which were not always correct, followed by apologies and reconciliation, while still married to Dylan. The award of custody to Dylan was the correct decision, one supported by Lacy in her current condition. Dylan's moving back into the marital apartment should provide some comfort to Dominic, but both are in for a tough time ahead. A very well written chapter @Lee Wilson.
  13. No, not buying it @Lee Wilson. Totally unprofessional and totally unwarranted. Clearly Tim has an overinflated opinion of himself and should just "get the fuck over himself", and has a warped perception of gay men. As for Lacy, I don't care what her excuse is. I am in total agreement with @kbois. Ultimately Dominic and to a lesser extent Dylan are the losers in this situation thus far. However, if custody is awarded to Dylan I hope he no longer has to pay alimony to Lacy, which is likely as she will presumably be in a psychiatric ward. You have begun stirring your Wilsonian literary cauldron again @Lee Wilson. Double, double toil and trouble.
  14. Dylan is still young and his life has turned to shit. Yes he fucked up big time, but is he entirely to blame? I don't think he is. I thought Zach overreacted when he severed his and Dylan's friendship, a friendship which appeared to sustain Dylan and make his unhappy marriage less miserable than what it was. Clearly the "friendship" meant a lot less to Zach than it did to Dylan. And as for Lacy, I think she is a cold-hearted shrew, and has been since day 1 of their marriage. Admittedly Dylan was unfaithful, but is that sufficient reason for him to have been punished as he was in the "settlement" reached upon divorce? I don't think so. A realistic presentation of divorce and its aftermath @Lee Wilson. I am not one who automatically thinks all men are hard done by in divorce, but in this case I think Dylan was unfairly treated. Lacy is toxic, which certainly contributed to Dylan's dissatisfaction with their marriage. His "straying" ended the marriage sooner than it would have had he not done so. At least now he has a chance to find happiness going forward, although at this point in time he is drowning financially because of his additional responsibilities. As for Lacy, will she find happiness? I don't think she will and frankly I don't care if she does or does not.
  15. Dylan is experiencing new pleasures with Zach, pleasures he is rarely experiencing at home now. He acknowledges he has never really been in love with Lacy, their marriage the result of a night of passion without protection, which led to her pregnancy. I think Stevie Nicks' song below sums up the likely outcome of this chapter very well @Lee Wilson. A well paced story thus far.
  16. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 7

    Whilst I think it is a good plan to have Aaron mow the lawn before the party, if all the guys are at home it may feel like an ambush to him as suggested by @CincyKris and @centexhairysub. Perhaps it would be better if only Tony is at home so Aaron is not overwhelmed, and he can express his feelings honestly and without fear Luke, Matt, Tim and/or Guy might overhear and/or seek to intervene if things become heated. Given the feedback the four have given Tony regarding the difficulties Aaron has faced since Tony left town, it would not surprise me if Aaron reacts like a frightened animal cornered if Luke, Matt, Tim and Guy are at home too. Tony's unreserved admission he still cares for and is in love with Aaron appears to be genuine. If Aaron still feels the same way, it may take him some time to allow Tony back into his life for fear of being abandoned again. He is not worldly like Tony, and has lived a comparatively simple and likely frugal life. If he wants Tony back in his life I think Tony will have to be very mindful Aaron will want to pay his own way, and not be showered with gifts which I daresay Tony can now afford. A transitional chapter for want of a better description. Tony's "memories of yesterday" are powerful and filled primarily with joy and a tinge of sadness, a sadness he is taking steps to address. I daresay it won't immediately be smooth sailing for Tony and Aaron; it will I imagine take Aaron some time to allow himself to be vulnerable again, and Tony's wealth may also be a barrier to overcome, as I expect this might be something which really challenges Aaron's feelings of his self-worth and appeal. I think if Tony is able to convince Justin of his true intentions towards Aaron it will assist him greatly. Flip-flops @Mark Ponyboy Peters? I can only assume you have Americanised thongs to flip-flops to avoid confusion for your international readers. The story title I hope is not only a reflection of the joy Tony is experiencing in being home in the physical sense, but also a reflection of a reunited Tony and Aaron, even if only as friends (but hopefully a lot more). The usual high standard of ponyesque writing.
  17. I think I have got Mrs Prescott mixed up with another character of the same profession in Kept Boy To Made Man. I think you may have read that.
  18. If my bottom falls out any poor sucker who sees it immediately regurgitates their most recent meal. I am skeptical too regarding the up, up and away that has happened in Bart and Noah's life since New Year's Eve. Was it the first-time anal sex that has brought them such good fortune since? If so, why play Powerball, just get a pair of balls, any balls, whacking against those butt cheeks. I loved the name of the tattoo parlour, Sailor Cher's. Is this in deference to Cher's video clip for If I Could Turn Back Time @Lee Wilson?
  19. A much happier ending @Lee Wilson. The original ending essentially pulled the rug out from underneath the merry dance you had led us on from chapter 2 onwards. As many have commented, the joy of many of the stories on GA is their HEA conclusion. I feel the illusion of HEA is even more important now than what it was this story concluded on January 4 2024 (I still find it hard to wrap my head around the American date formatting). The world has changed so much since then, and mostly not for the good of humanity, and certainly not for our fellow non-human animal friends. If only @Lee Wilson could write the wrongs IRL with his magical literary wand.
  20. I blame Bobby fucking Ewing. I have not read the alternative ending yet @Lee Wilson, but this ending was realistic as I felt the beginning of chapter 2 was a little contrived.
  21. I have no sympathy for Dennis' selfish parents. Thank Felix for small mercies they only managed to reproduce once. I know this comment is completely tasteless, but I had a chuckle at the image of Dennis' mother's leg alight and flying through the air, an image something akin to a zombie film with limbs detaching with astonishing ease. Of course, I did not laugh that the selfish bitch's leg struck her son and burnt him. Adam's delight at seeing Leland Garrett again and the reason for his delight was an affirmation of Leland's competence and appeal, one which appeared to surprise him and with which he seemed genuinely chuffed. Adam's reaction to the possibility of a new "brother" brought tears to my eyes too (BTW @drsawzall, you can always use a sleeve if you don't have any tissues on standby, in fact, a sleeve is more environmentally-friendly if you assess it as it is not thrown away after one use). A mixed chapter @Lee Wilson, with a number of delights (the play date with Andy and Adam's reaction to the prospect of a new "brother"), and anger and sadness (the stupidity and selfishness of Dennis' parents).
  22. Aloysius is really rather stupid. I think he must have inherited all his wealth or it was his wife's money to begin with. "This should be his last week on the job at the current site. It was somewhere in Kendall, about forty minutes south of us." I read this and immediately felt the cold hand of Wilsonian doom. After reading the next chapter title I am even more concerned. What dastardly crisis have you got in mind @Lee Wilson?
  23. I hope Jeremy reminds Aloysius he is likely to experience the "pleasure" of more anal sex than Jeremy for the rest of his life, it will not be consensual (at least not initially), it will most likely be with multiple "partners", possibly at the same time or consecutively, and it may involve more than just a penis or penises. Mr Sheridan, future Republican nominee for his county (?) arrived and immediately went on the offensive, insulting the hosts and seemingly embarrassing his wife and upsetting his son. A perfect candidate for retrospective abortion. It seems there is a homophobe hiding under every rock in a @Lee Wilson story; the unfortunate, disturbing and horrifying thing is that it seems to accurately reflect the attitudes of many in the locales in which many of your stories have been set, if one can believe what is reported in or on publications with an appreciation for the truth. I hope Dennis is not the son of Dr Chun, resident medical malpractice defendant from St Michaels Hospital, Newark. Excellent writing again LRW.
  24. Aarrghh. A song I know, and quite like @Lee Wilson. The nightmares Adam is experiencing are perfectly understandable given what he witnessed and the devastating outcome of his father's actions. The mind and body are inextricably linked so I wonder if there might be a physical problem too which has not been detected yet. The one good thing is that at least Adam is with parents/guardians who are prepared to invest the time, money and effort, in resolving his nightmares. I can only but imagine what would have happened if he had gone to live with Cuntryn and Bob, his maternal grandturds. They would have had no time for such nonsense as it would have been an inconvenience for whatever travel or other self-indulgence was their flavour of the month. I don't know if the appointment with Doctor Wayne was how such an appointment would progress IRL @Lee Wilson, but to my eyes it seemed very appropriate how the discussions, both singular and joint, progressed.
  25. Dawn Prescott and Paul Morris are remarkably stupid. They will spend a long time in prison, possibly for the term of their natural life if they are not young or prove to be "unpopular" in prison. And the crimes they committed hardly brought them big $ either. I have no idea or any appreciation for what type of therapy or counselling will best suit Adam, but I wonder if Rosa should be part of that counselling if she is willing, or at least made aware of it. First impressions of Andrea were positive for Derek. Thank goodness he is working for a different "saint" @Lee Wilson. The travel to and from St Michaels would have prevented him from accepting a job there anwyay.
×
×
  • Create New...