-
Posts
8,330 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Summerabbacat
-
Lawyers, Apartments, and Trucks, Oh My
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in Lawyers, Apartments, and Trucks, Oh My
I am very pleasantly surprised you know of More, More, More @Lee Wilson. A "classic" disco song, loathed by many serious "rock" critics because of its simplistic and repetitive lyrics, annoyingly catchy beat, and the fact that it was sung by a woman who was better known up until then as a porn star. -
The Berger/Burlington Transition Continues
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in The Berger/Burlington Transition Continues
Clearly the laws being applied to Bryson/Jeremy regarding fraud and corruption do not apply to the politicians in Florida, well at least some of them anyway. If Aloysius attempts to kidnap Bryson and is successful hopefully the DA is crucified in the most important court of them all, the "court" of public opinion. After the recent mostly calm and almost idyllic (at least in part) chapters @Lee Wilson, this one raised my ire to levels to rival an NRA supporter. I think @weinerdog is correct in his speculation, the DA must be seeking re-election in an upcoming election and is wanting to show how tough he is on criminals, well at least "select" criminals. He would no doubt play the "gay" card, faggots cannot be trusted, breaking laws that the good citizens of Florida hold dear to their hearts. 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮 -
Welcome to Reality: illegality & immorality
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in Welcome to Reality: illegality & immorality
Perhaps Denise can sort them all out @drsawzall. Felicity, Mr Russ' ultra-efficient PA, gave her a good rap when she reported what Denise had already found out about Jasper before the private investigator had even commenced her investigation. Wouldn't it be just too delicious if Noah's brother Gabriel shares his attractions, just as Vince shares Gray's? -
Lawyers, Apartments, and Trucks, Oh My
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in Lawyers, Apartments, and Trucks, Oh My
Bryson Jeremiah Burlington, the electrician's assistant formerly known as Jeremy Berger. Oh is this "fake" news? If so, line him up for membership of the Young Republicans, he has all the "qualities" they are looking for. Andrea True has a question for him though: This story is a gem @Lee Wilson; it is a joy to read. You have packed so much into it; so many different ideas, themes and subplots. Mix, stir and pour, and what do we have, a tasty dish best served with ice cream. It is like listening to Blondie's marvellous albums Parallel Lines, Eat To The Beat and especially Autoamerican, a mish mash of musical genres and ideas, which miraculously formed a cohesive work and proved a major success. -
Derek, and Letting the Dominos Fall Where They May
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in Derek, and Letting the Dominos Fall Where They May
I thought you would like the videos. I have read that Queen's popularity plummeted in the USA when they released the video for I Want To Break Free and their fans became aware that Freddie Mercury was not straight. If true, I am totally gobsmacked they thought him straight beforehand. Another One Bites The Dust was inspired by Chic's Good Times, an "inspiration" which is very evident if you listen to both. John Deacon was and is a bit of an enigma. According to Brian May, Freddie's death devastated John, whom Freddie reportedly was very protective of. -
Jeremy Berger Begins to Disappear, and Clearing Hurdles
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in Jeremy Berger Begins to Disappear, and Clearing Hurdles
Mrs Linden needs to take that stick out of her arse and sit the fuck down and calm down. Conversely, Derek does NOT need to take that "stick" out of his arse, but he also needs to sit down again. Listen to Grace Jones Derek, and take note. Another excellent chapter @Lee Wilson. -
Derek, and Letting the Dominos Fall Where They May
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in Derek, and Letting the Dominos Fall Where They May
A word of caution to both Derek and Jeremy given the events of the past week, courtesy of Freddie Mercury: And in celebration of the demise of one of Andy's patients: Excellent chapter @Lee Wilson. -
Post Suspension Antics - Will They Never Learn?
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in Post Suspension Antics - Will They Never Learn?
I thought the story was set in Jacksonville, Florida. -
After That, Can Anything Be Normal?
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in After That, Can Anything Be Normal?
You are principled, judging the musicians on their musical ability only. I am more judgmental, which is why I detest Eric Clapton and Bryan Ferry. Your suspicion is correct @Lee Wilson, Ernie is the youngest Isley brother and was reportedly instrumental in the incorporation of rock and funk into their sound starting with the outstanding 3+3 album in 1973. Carlos Alomar worked a lot with David Bowie (he co-wrote Bowie's single Fame). Nile Rogers and Bernard Edwards were the songwriters. producers and guitarists in Chic (Le Freak, I Want Your Love, Dance Dance Dance and Good Times). They also wrote, produced and played on Sister Sledge's titanic hits He's The Greatest Dancer and We Are Family (as well as their parent album), wrote and played on Diana Ross' smash hits Upside Down and I'm Coming Out (and the parent Diana album), and co-wrote, co-produced and played on Deborah Harry's wonderful solo debut Koo Koo. They also did albums with the French singer Sheila B. and with Johnny Mathis (this album was never officially released until a couple of years ago, I bought it and really like it). -
How right you are @Paladin.
-
After That, Can Anything Be Normal?
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in After That, Can Anything Be Normal?
Apart from Jeremy's tantrum at the beginning of the chapter and his recount of his eviction from 'Burlington Manor' and its immediate aftermath, the rest of the chapter had a sense of whimsy, a playfulness with kissing and an invitation to cohabit. For some reason this song popped into my head, and not just because I am a cat lover and Cure fan, although both probably have a lot to do with it: I am afraid to say @drsawzall and @Lee WilsonI am somewhat ignorant when it comes to great guitar instrumentals and those who are considered great guitarists. I know Eric Clapton is considered a great guitarist and whilst I like some of his solo work (Lay Down Sally, I Shot The Sheriff), my dislike of him as a person negates any admiration I have for him. I agree with you Lee in that I think Brian May is a very good guitarist, but I predictably admire him more for his animal rights stance and agitation than anything else. I can see why Jimi Hendrix is so admired although I don't like his music. I thought Jeff Beck was a very good guitarist as well as Ernie Isley, Carlos Alomar, Nile Rogers and Bernard Edwards. -
I was never much of a fan of Kingswood Country but Kath and Kim was very funny. Some of the stereotypes I have exaggerated are awfully close to the truth @Paladin, or at least have quite an unhealthy dose of the characteristics I listed. They are quite harmless really though; me being the "stereotype" I am cannot help being bitchy about them.
-
They are stereotypes of the worst kind @Paladin, @Summerabbacat exaggerations of real life examples. They could easily be the Real Housewives of Surfers Paradise, the Real Housewives of Paradise Point, the Real Housewives of Coolangatta, and the Real Housewives of Southport respectively. I hope she is none of the above too, but suspect she may have more in common with the Real Housewife of Southport than any of the others.
-
Welcome to Reality: illegality & immorality
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in Welcome to Reality: illegality & immorality
I hope Vince does a little manscaping at least before he wears an Iverson "thong", unless Peter is a bear-lover of course and then it is totally unnecessary. Perhaps Arvid can buy a thong for his uptight father, Kjell. -
The most apt comments I could make on this chapter @Lee Wilson are the wise words of the Queen of Disco (before Donna assumed the title). The "source" of the success of the police rescue of the Arriens family: The return of Jeremy aka Byrson Jeremiah Burlington to his beloved: And, Derek Arriens after the week he has just had: Gloria-ous chapter @Lee Wilson.
-
Welcome to Reality: illegality & immorality
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in Welcome to Reality: illegality & immorality
Perhaps Noah could buy Val some of Morrie's swimwear as a Father's Day gift. -
Which Jeremy Wakes up on Saturday?
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in Which Jeremy Wakes up on Saturday?
The only suggestion for improvement from me @Lee Wilson would have been to identify the newly introduced Arriens family members e.g. as follows: Back at the Arriens' household, Derek's father Captain Alex Arriens, is preparing to leave ..........., whilst in the living room his wife Cindy and Frank are watching the game on TV. I wasn't sure at first if Alex was Derek's brother or father, not that it really made any difference to the plot. Likewise with Cindy, I was not sure if she may have been Derek's sister, although Alex's "I love you" suggested she was his wife. In your defence, you may have mentioned in a prior chapter that Derek only had one sibling, his brother Frank, but I have as you know, been binge reading so many Wilsonian stories in the past week or so, as well as the new one about "Hammer" and "Nomes", that I am beginning to wonder if I am summerabbacat, kyliediscobunny or Bryson Jeremiah Burlington IV. The senseless murder of Dennis and Danny was horrific and upsetting, and one of the vilest acts ever committed in one of your stories, however, it did not detract from your writing as it is an all too common occurrence in the world on a daily basis, not only to human beings but to countless of our fellow non-human animals, particularly chickens, the most abused of all animals. Given Jeremy's confusion of the last few days, his relapse and re-emergence, I did not find his apparent lassiez-faire attitude to William's death at all strange. He may have already processed his death, sobbing in Derek's absence or he may not fully understand what has happened. All in all an awful chapter, primarily because it was steeped in reality, without any glossing over the horror of what took place. Superlative writing once again. -
Third Time – 6 Minutes
Summerabbacat commented on Tallguyct's story chapter in Third Time – 6 Minutes
Hopefully Walter's cocksucker will return for a second helping of his "joy juice", and if as pleased as he obviously was on the first occasion (he came on Walter's feet after all), suggest to Walter more regular meetings at an alternate location. Walter may be halfway to paradise. -
Is It My Carlo Marini?
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in Is It My Carlo Marini?
I forgot to mention @Lee Wilson that Bart and Noah had a great New Years Eve and introduction to the New Year. They woke with a hangover for sure, but it was a healthy hangover, a hangover of the most pleasurable kind. -
Welcome to Reality: illegality & immorality
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in Welcome to Reality: illegality & immorality
Unfortunately for Noah and Toby, Val and Marina showed themselves to be exactly as a number of we readers had speculated, faux liberals. Their talk of being accepting of Noah's sexuality was just that, talk only. They are like fairy floss or cotton candy as it is known in the USA, sickly sweet spun sugar with no substance. The only saving grace in the relationship between Noah and Toby is that Noah is the older of the two. If Noah had been younger than Toby I shudder to think what they may have done, but reporting Toby, Brian and Gordon to the police would have been a distinct possibility I think. Given Noah is going to be 16 soon he could resume having sex with Toby after his birthday, although if found out Val and Marina may report him to the police for having sex with an underage boy. I am concerned if Granny finds out, she may bully Val into sending Noah off for conversion therapy, which surprisingly has not been banned in the UK yet according to Google. A frank chapter @Robert Hugill, one which delivered a disappointing although not surprising outcome. I like how you have once again "flipped" the stereotype, with the seemingly wealthier and more urbane Val and Marina holding more provincial views on homosexuality at least, than the working class Brian, Gordon, and their parents. I wonder if Val and Marina are friends with Norman and Sheila and belong to the same stuffy golf club. -
Welcome to Reality: illegality & immorality
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in Welcome to Reality: illegality & immorality
And bravo for your comment @peter rietbergen. @Robert Hugillis a fine writer and his two current works are a further illustration of this. -
@Mark Ponyboy Peters does not usually resort to caricature or stereotype when describing his characters appearance, but I won't let that stop me from enjoying the opportunity to do so @CincyKris. Anne Rummery may be one of the following: bottle blonde 50'ish former Miss Thompsonville and high school knockout (read "popular" girl); heavily tanned and made up with bright red lipstick on a collagen injected trout-pout, and plentifully applied turquoise eyeshadow; dressed in a very tight leopard print pant-suit to display her augmented bosom, heels (which she is unable to comfortably walk in) and lots of mid-price range gold jewellery, including huge hoop earrings; drives a BMW natural blonde 50'ish former high school clever girl; dressed immaculately and very expensively in all white with sensible flat white shoes and tasteful jewellery; has had some subtle cosmetic refreshment; drives a Lexus natural blonde 50'ish former surfie chick who has aged considerably due to sun exposure and smoking a lot of weed before she got hitched to Troy, a plumber by trade and manwhore by nature, who ran off with her best friend from school after she gave birth to their third child; she mainly wears lots of cheesecloth/linen sun dresses and very little else; she has had no work done, so consequently everything has headed south, which is one of the reasons why Troy ran off with her considerably cosmetically enhanced fembot best friend none of the above, she is an average suburban wife looking for a bit of fun with her book club; she considers herself smarter than her fellow book club members because she finished her typing course at the local TAFE before becoming a solicitor's secretary; she subsequently married the boss and is now bored shitless; her main pleasure in life is the white wine and occasional vodka cocktails she "secretly" plies herself with A delightful chapter @Mark Ponyboy Peters with a hint of melancholy present in Tony's reminiscences again. I hope there will be a 6th person present at the luncheon on the boardwalk, and that person is as @weinerdog has speculated. If Aaron is a surprise guest I imagine there will be tears aplenty, although they won't be on the dance floor as sung by Womack & Womack 36 years ago (can you believe it @Mark Ponyboy Peters, 36 years has passed since that monster hit).
-
There you go again @weinerdog. Your observations are acute. Maybe you don't have a crystal ball after all, just a razor sharp mind or in this case a suspicious mind, a suspicion which I hope does not prove groundless.
-
I will even put my "two bobs worth" in before the workshop @CincyKris (see below).
-
Like a Lost Puppy, and Figuring Things Out
Summerabbacat commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in Like a Lost Puppy, and Figuring Things Out
I hate Brenda. "I know you're a 'glass is almost empty' kind of guy, never really approaching even half-full. But for your own sanity, you need to come up from the depths of pessimistic darkness. Come into the light." Bitch just described me without even knowing me (LOL). I have to say she and I can share a pizza anytime though; olives and peppers and none of that dead animal material. At any age waiting is a hard game to play, especially when the outcome could be a life changer for more than one person, as is the case with Derek and Jeremy/Bryson. Whatever the outcome he cannot go back to Georgia. If he starts listening to Ray Charles' Georgia On My Mind, Randy Crawford's Rainy Night In Georgia or previously mentioned tracks by Gladys Knight & The Pips or Vicki Lawrence, change the station or CD quick smart Derek. He must NOT be allowed to think of Georgia favourably. With the human brain anything is possible @Lee Wilson, no matter how ludicrous it may sound. If this were not the case, how could one possibly explain the outcome of a number of elections recently in several western countries or the popularity of "reality" TV shows about very tiresome people with little or no talent, and egos only slightly smaller than their constructed booty's. Compared to this, Jeremy's changing brain capacity is not far-fetched at all.
