Jump to content

Summerabbacat

Members
  • Posts

    8,307
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Summerabbacat

  1. Summerabbacat

    The Afterglow

    Matt and Kitt attending Northwest University together. Perhaps living with Tom, adding immeasurable joy to his life, de facto sons for the one who left him and has never returned.
  2. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 21

    I don't have your talent or discipline @Josh Aterovis. My comments are only ever inspired by quality works like this story, and are invariably a bunch of nonsensical cliches or pop culture references or both. I enjoy the interchange of ideas between readers, and as you have said on a number of occasions, it is scary sometimes how close some of our speculations are.
  3. Summerabbacat

    The Call

    The Berlin Wall fell and the reunification was glorious. Further reunions may be imminent, but none will surpass the reunion of Kitt with Matt.
  4. Given this is Kitt's second winter spent in Riverbend it must be close to a year since that fateful, hateful, night his father exiled him from the family home. It may be a cliche, but I feel with the advent of spring Kitt may return to Lakehurst.
  5. This beautiful chapter made me think of this beautiful song, sung so beautifully by Frida, beauty personified.
  6. Summerabbacat

    Eighteen

    Aarrgghh, the mystery of the missing chapter has been solved. The birthday party now in its rightful place in chapter 27, and what a chapter. I agree with @dboggs9700, Kitt's birthday is the turning point, but not just for Kitt and Matt, but for Stephen and Susan too.
  7. I am rather confused. It appears the comments made by my fellow readers on chapter 25 apply to chapter 26. There are comments made on this chapter about a birthday party for Kitt, but no mention of such a party in this chapter. I wonder if this event takes place in chapter 27. If so, it appears 1 chapter may have been inserted or moved in the past week or so. Do you anything about this @weinerdog or @drsawzall?
  8. Summerabbacat

    Two Worlds

    A connection between Tom and Mateo perhaps? The landlady needs to suffer the Ivana Trump treatment? Was she pushed or was it an accident? What a miserable bitch she is, providing sub-standard accommodation and issuing ultimatums to well-behaved, paying occupants. Bring in the health department and shut the premises down and see how she likes it.
  9. Kitt's face-to-face meeting with Matt again and his extreme reaction to it demonstrated how severely traumatised Kitt was by his father's exile of him from the family home. I can only speak for myself, but I suspect many other readers may have had the same reaction, Kitt shocked me greatly. As Mateo and Tom have both remarked previously to Kitt, his outer strength and resolve to "soldier on" belied his inner frailty and chaos. Matt has worn his heart on his sleeve since that fateful night, whereas Kitt, like his mother, has largely suffered in silence emotionally.
  10. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 21

    A very intriguing chapter @Josh Aterovis. I agree somewhat with @drsawzall with regard to his suspicion of Susan Urban. She appears to be very "cold" and calculating, but is that enough to suspect she is a murderer? And unless Elyse Pike is an exceptionally good actress, it appears unlikely she murdered either Professor Healy or Bridget Foxwell. It certainly appears Bridget was in the wrong place at the wrong time and arrived when the murderer was looting the dig site again, but appearances can be deceptive. What if Bridget Foxwell aka Lovey Morehead (her 'Bond girl' name @weinerdog, with Lovey in recognition of her role model, the wealthy socialite, Lovey Howell, from Gilligan's Island) was a co-looter and not the airhead she portrayed herself as. What if Bridget's family's wealth has been built on the sale on the blackmarket of artefacts looted from various sites, and Bridget's "desire" to study archeology was a cover for her real intention. She has been working in tandem with Israel Meeks, the nephew of the dark-skinned man Jacy and Killian met in the antique store. Israel has until now been satisfied to share the proceeds of their crimes, but he has become greedy and decided to sever his working relationship with Bridget once and for all after seeing how easy it was to murder Professor Healy when he stumbled upon both looting the dig site. That was the real reason Bridget rang Israel when Killian interviewed her first. Israel called Bridget and lured her to the site with the promise of more looting of substantial value, but when she got there he killed her. What about Jackill for the portmanteau @Josh Aterovis and @weinerdog?
  11. That is Jamal in the middle @weinerdog and @drsawzall and Whip on the left and Deven on the right (I think). Fernando is nowhere to be found @weinerdog, probably off cavorting with Chiquitita, Elaine, Cassandra and Andante or on his way to Happy Hawaii.
  12. Well there you go my good man, you have learnt two very important things today. Way more important than AI chatbot, or what the latest celebrity plastic surgery craze is, or what Harry and Meghan are coming to Australia for (who fucking cares, just don't stay too long you parasites) or which towns/cities are the real estate "hotspots" and the best to invest in.
  13. Your observations in a previous chapter, like father like son, have never rung truer @drsawzall. Both Kitt and Stephen have been rendered impotent by their pride, and are not prepared to surrender control or accept anything less than perfection, viewing anything less as a sign of weakness.
  14. If I remember correctly from my youth and the attempts at dogmatic indoctrination I was subjected to before I rebelled, drunkenness is also "sinful" behaviour. I hope for Stephen's sake (well I don't actually because he is an arsehole) he had not consumed any pork for dinner and was not wearing clothes of mixed fabric. Get out ye sinner, Stephen. The delicious irony of Stephen's "saviour" being gay, and not only calling 911 and waiting with him, but also donating life-saving rare blood. I knew this was going to occur from the moment John offered to donate blood. Hopefully a visit from the pastor who admonishes Stephen for drunk driving, which could have resulted in the death of another innocent party or parties, for being a judgmental fool, but mostly for being a lousy father and spouse, makes him "see the light". A clerical kick delivered with precision and power to Stephen's posterior would not go astray either, and may make the pastor feel better too. Now on to Kitt. For fucks sake lad, ditch the pride and contact Matt. The worst that can happen is he tells you to fuck off, which is likely as Pam Bondi telling the truth. Good call @drsawzall.
  15. A man of almost impeccable taste. Only one step away, just cave in and admit you like the Singing Budgie, LOL. Have you ever heard Frida's solo version, which was released first and was a substantial hit in Sweden? Sung in Swedish of course, with an almost identical melody. Did you also know Frida sang backing vocals on Harpo's huge hit, Moviestar?
  16. You did and I had forgotten already. I think some of the other readers, especially @weinerdog, would enjoy those images. Bohemian Rhapsody was #1 for 2 weeks before Fernando knocked it off its perch. It, Bohemian Rhapsody stayed at #2 behind Fernando for some time (for 10 weeks if I remember correctly), such that it was the 2nd biggest hit of the year behind Fernando. Interestingly (to me any way), Fernando sold 720,000 copies to Bohemian Rhapsody's 320,000 copies (it sold another 240,000 copies when it was a hit again in 1992). Dancing Queen which was #3 for the year sold 300,000 copies. The "moral of the story", Fernando blitzed everything else. I am ashamed to admit I did not care much for Fernando as a teenager, much preferring Mamma Mia, SOS, Dancing Queen, Money Money Money and the greatest of them all Knowing Me, Knowing You. Halcyon days @Mark Ponyboy Peters.
  17. I was as naive as you @weinerdog. I too thought after the talk with the pastor and noting the distress of his wife, Stephen's attitude was changing, softening a little, albeit very slowly. But no, his treatment of Matt demonstrates he is still the c u next Tuesday he has been ever since exiling Kitt from the family home, in fact, has likely been all his adult life, at least. I think what has changed is he now feels nothing but pity for himself, that he has been victimised by the pastor and his wife for maintaining the make believe of the old testament. He is indignant his beliefs have been challenged. He will one day die a lonely and embittered man, hopefully sooner rather than later, but he will have stuck to his moral high ground and will carry this proudly to his grave. Tom's caution over giving Matt any information about Kitt's whereabouts was understandable. I am pleased he indicated to Kitt that Matt has clearly not given up on him and is in a state of great agitation not knowing where Kitt is. It may be left to Harbor to reunite the boys as that dog has more sense than any of Kitt's adult friends.
  18. 50 years ago Fernando reached its zenith and spent the first of 14 glorious weeks at #1 on the Aussie pop charts. I am sure you remember it well @Mark Ponyboy Peters. Let us hope the spirit of Fernando accompanies Jamal, Deven, Whip, Ansel, Enoch, Marin and the rest of the group as they head for Highshaw. And speaking of Marin, she has been somewhat a Debbie Downer ever since she made her first appearance, but in this chapter it was constant. Jamal was troubled again by having to kill someone; another situation in which he found himself having to kill or be killed. Deven and Whip appear to be his salve once again, soothing him with words and acts of kindness, including those which occur "offscreen" no doubt.
  19. "I'm hoping they tried running away and got hit by a bus." I like the way Sam thinks, and if this does not happen, which I daresay it won't, I like the way @drsawzall thinks: Bubba's son, Bubba Jr, is in juvie. He may not be quite as big as Bubba yet, but his "credentials" are still way above average for his age. Big, big hands (and fists) and a very large weapon of arse destruction. After Bubba Jr has finished with him Willie won't need to douche ever again. A well written but horrifying chapter @Lee Wilson, moreso because the events it depicted are wholly believable. I must ask if you speak and/or write Italian fluently as I seem to recall you mentioning in one of your comments once you are of Italian or part-Italian descent. I cannot speak or understand it, but like the food of Italy (my favourite cuisine), the language is delightful, at least to my untrained ear. I also love Italo disco e.g. Black Box, Change, Sabrina to name but a few.
  20. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 20

    I had never heard of him before, only thought I had. I just looked it up and that show was on TV continuously for 31 years.
  21. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 20

    I thought I knew who Lawrence Welk was until I looked him up on the 'net @drsawzall and then realised I was thinking of Acker Bilk.
  22. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 20

    "I asked if you had plans for this evening," Fletcher explained with a patient smile. "No, not really." "Then maybe you'd like to accompany me on my after-dinner walk. As much as I enjoy my solitary strolls, I'd enjoy your company even more." I grinned. "That would be wonderful. I could really use some more relaxation time. Things have been pretty hectic lately. But should you be out walking?" I was right @weinerdog. Killian does have a Daddy fetish. He is only using Jacy as a cover. It is really Fletcher who he is hot for. Fletcher knows all about bone(r)s and he has had one all his adult life.
  23. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 20

    My bet is it is Susan Urban, the brown-nosing dyke for dollars, who screamed. I suspect she has been murdered by Elyse Pike. Elyse was in love with Susan until she found out Susan was just using her, having an each way bet, sleeping with her and Professor Healy, to further her career. When Elyse found out, she murdered Professor Healy and now she has murdered Susan too. The murder of Professor Healy and now Susan Urban is only indirectly related to the artefact thefts which have been carried out by the man from the antique store at the behest of Virgil McClain. Said man had bribed Professor Healy to gain access to the dig site after hours because he caught Professor Healy shtupping Bridget Foxwell in the University carpark one evening and was blackmailing him. Professor Healy may have had the people skills of Norman Bates, but he had a tongue like Gene Simmons and he knew how to use it, and did so prolifically.
  24. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 20

    Was that you who did the "dance duet showoff" with Betty Sue at the end of the video clip @weinerdog? If it was, I think Bobby Ray was looking at you with lust in his eyes, wanting to do the Pennsylvania Poke-You, rather than the Pennsylvania Polka, with you when he saw you bust a move on the dance floor.
  25. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 3

    Someone at work told me about this yesterday, but I do not understand what a pre-game show is. I watched an AFL grand final once. I did not understand the game, but who the fuck cares. It was live porn, with some of the hottest guys ever starring.
×
×
  • Create New...