-
Posts
8,284 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Summerabbacat
-
Chapter 5 - Gay Bar and a Pool
Summerabbacat commented on Paladin's story chapter in Chapter 5 - Gay Bar and a Pool
Lord Gary Lysaght you say. I still think Gary Lysaght, Vizconde of Valencia sounds better. Very exotic. -
Chapter 5 - Gay Bar and a Pool
Summerabbacat commented on Paladin's story chapter in Chapter 5 - Gay Bar and a Pool
Yes. Fortunately neither has remarried for a third time. -
A Friend on the Inside
Summerabbacat commented on Wombat Bill's story chapter in A Friend on the Inside
As my late maternal grandmother would have said, Gran is as cunning as an old coot or cunning as an outhouse rat (although she would have replaced outhouse with something more "colourful" - like grandmother like grandson). It took very little effort for Gran to loosen Bernice's tongue sufficiently to reveal Kilby worked as a rent boy. What Gran will do with this information is the unknown. Will she disclose it to Edward as she promised Bernice she would? I suspect she will, but what will Edward do with it? Is he obliged to inform Child Services of this? I imagine if Kilby was still involved in sex work the answer would likely be yes, but given he is no longer "on the game" I would hope the answer is no as it is no longer an "issue". I would like to think Bernice revealed this information to Gran because she wants to "help" Kilby, but I don't believe that, not even for a moment. I think she, Bernice, is as cunning as two old coots or two outhouse rats. I imagine she has revealed this to Gran, counting on Gran telling Edward so that Edward will return Kilby to a group home unwanted and unloved, so that she can have him back to help her score drugs and pay for them. -
Chapter 5 - Gay Bar and a Pool
Summerabbacat commented on Paladin's story chapter in Chapter 5 - Gay Bar and a Pool
I remembered she had gone to Cambodia, but had forgotten she dumped all three children on Martin. He is an arsehole, unless it is convenient for her that he is not an arsehole, although he likely "resumes" being an arsehole when he is no longer required to perform such duties. She reminds me of one of my ex-sisters in law, a total bitch. Actually three of the four were, but she was the worst. Both of my brothers have "questionable" tastes in wives.- 36 comments
-
- 11
-
-
-
"He led the drill with the cold, terrifying efficiency of a master of his craft, but inside, he felt like an overgrown pouting toddler who had seen someone else playing with his favorite person. He knew his temper was getting the best of him and he needed to stop." Amongst all the testosterone and occasional piss takes, there were several very humorous moments in this chapter, including the one above. Not only is Brody's vulnerability appealing, but his self-examination is at times very disarming. I agree with @drsawzall and @VBlew, the bar scene, including the navy "put downs" was very entertaining. The absolute pinnacle though was: "The final "Whoa-oh" was a primal scream that rattled the pitchers on the tables. “That’s Britney for you bitches.” A change of pace @Cap. A brilliant chapter, one of bonding, with a real sense of family between Brody and his team, a team who are delighted with his new found joy and the source of this joy.
-
More like my inner Carrie White. Now if only I could make people self-combust.
-
Chapter 5 - Gay Bar and a Pool
Summerabbacat commented on Paladin's story chapter in Chapter 5 - Gay Bar and a Pool
"Dad, can we stay the night?" "How about your mother?" "She doesn't expect me home on Friday nights." That wasn't what Martin expected to hear but he trusted Benjamin to be honest." This response from Benjamin greatly surprised me too. This indifferent attitude from Nag-tasha appears inconsistent with the controlling and vindictive Nag-tasha, the one who refused to allow their children to go to their paternal grandmother's funeral. And whilst on the subject of the funeral, why did Benjamin not defy Nag-tasha and go to his grandmother's funeral if he so desired? I assume he is between 16 and 18 years of age and should therefore have had a choice whether to attend or not, or has Nag-tasha attempted to poison their children against their grandmother in addition to Martin? If so, it does not appear she has been successful in doing so to Benjamin as his relationship with Martin seems friendly. I also wonder if Nag-tasha is aware Benjamin is gay, and if not, what her response might be if, and when she finds out. I hope she does not try to use it against Martin and attempt to portray him as a predator who "turned" their son gay, especially if she finds out Martin has a gay cousin who is in a relationship with Martin's gay solicitor, both of whom swam naked with Benjamin in Martin's pool. My speculative juices exploded in this chapter @Paladin, almost drowning me. I am not a particularly trusting person, and I saw so many opportunities for Nag-tasha to seize to make Martin's life more difficult than she already has. Call me cynical, but I think she will exploit every opportunity she can to make Martin miserable. Will we learn more of what led to their divorce and why she has seemingly become so hostile?- 36 comments
-
- 10
-
-
-
-
I did not gloss over it, it just did not register. Perhaps I was also "a little slow". I had been working today (my paid employment) after a system upgrade and to say the upgrade once again downgraded the system's performance is me being polite, without any expletives added.
-
I am curious, why is that @centexhairysub?
-
Allison is a brat and needs to be disciplined by her mother. How dare she just barge into Scott's bedroom and make demands with threats of telling their mother if her demands are not met. Who the fuck does she think she is? This behaviour is one of the reasons why I generally don't like children. Bobby and Tim are the opposite of Allison. Bobby's concern for Sam in the prior chapter and this chapter was heartfelt and moving. Tim appears to share his kindness. Perhaps they can teach the bratty Allison how to behave. Phil appears to have been cultured in the same petri dish as Rod Quincy Sr @Lee Wilson. Shitforbrains is my name and homophobia and drunkenness is my game. Things are looking up for the Lassiter family at present. Given what a loser Phil is though, I would be checking to make sure mortgage payments etc are being made if I was Maureen. I added 'Action Packed' to the recommendation categories after this and the previous chapter @Lee Wilson; this one has definitely moved beyond 'lite' now.
-
Chapter 3 - Next Step
Summerabbacat commented on ChromedOutCortex's story chapter in Chapter 3 - Next Step
Another severe bout of hay fever hit me when I read this chapter @ChromedOutCortex. It so often strikes when I read a chapter of this story, as it did with its predecessor. "My chest tightened and I squeezed Alex’s hand harder. I couldn’t tell if I was more afraid of the past or of the possibility of a future without it." A profound statement, a fear experienced by Adam, just like Liam did in Older Hearts. As commented by @Doha, Alex shone brightly again, his support for Adam never waning. -
Ruby's choice of songs for her burlesque performance was splendid, mostly, two out of three ain't bad (and I am not talking Meatloaf). Both DSB and Marilyn have any number of songs which would work well to accompany a burlesque performance. Gran is on the case, she has picked up the scent (hopefully Kilby's rather than Bernice's) and is about to expose Kilby, metaphorically only of course. Gran may appear tactless at times, but I suspect if she does conclude Kilby has been doing sex work, she may not reveal it to anyone, other than Kilby himself, perhaps imploring him to disclose it to Edward at least, in the first instance. And although Bernice may not have "forced" Kilby into sex work, she certainly encouraged it.
-
This would be very amusing, except that it is so often the case @weinerdog.
-
Perhaps the white stag is Larry incarnate, attempting to stop any harm coming to Killian, Killian whom we all know to have a somewhat laissez-faire attitude towards road rules, especially as they relate to speeding. The use of Jacy's knife as a murder weapon may have been opportunistic or may have been planned. As commented by @Philippe, the assumption has been made Jacy dropped the knife when he had his altercation with Professor Healy earlier in the day. If this is the case, then it appears the killer is likely to be someone at the dig, Elyse Pike perhaps. If however, the knife was dropped by Jacy somewhere else then Gordon Wallace or even Aunt Daisy may have committed the murder. The latter especially may delight in framing her nephew for murder, whilst pissing off her sister and her father at the same time. Intrigue aplenty @Josh Aterovis.
-
Just Arkansas @centexhairysub? What about Alabamy, Georgia and Louisiana?
-
It appears @weinerdog Sam had every reason to fear his father's reaction to him being gay. I wonder if Sam has experienced any other type of abuse previously from his father, or has witnessed him bullying someone whom he perceived to be gay. I was surprised his father referred to Sam as a poof, a pansy and a fairy; poof especially surprised me as it is a British or Australian term, whereas faggot is more often used by homophobic American's. He certainly has a volatile temper which he made no attempt to curb, and did not strike me as particularly intelligent. I assume he will be charged with attempted murder at least. If a long-prison sentence is handed down I won't be surprised if Sam's mother divorces him. The change from @Lee Wilson lite to @Lee Wilson standard was so quick it almost gave me whiplash. LOL. I hope Phil is not released on bail, and I suspect he may even add to a custodial sentence by further threatening Maureen, Roger and/or Sam.
-
Part II: Signals Discipline
Summerabbacat commented on Cap's story chapter in Part II: Signals Discipline
Another exhilarating chapter @Cap, with a number of humorous moments too, none moreso than: "It was a crushing, suffocating, wonderfully grounding weight. He was trapped under a literal mountain of heat. Brody was sprawled over him and holding him tight—clinging with the comical, hard-core affection of an overgrown koala." As an Aussie I particularly appreciated the koala reference. They are so not the cuddly and affectionate little creatures most think they are though, they are often grumpy and can be rude and aggressive, but they certainly are cute. Parker and Brody have each found in the other someone to reduce the "noise" in their heads, to put the life into living rather than just existing. I found their expression of vulnerability very appealing, particularly that of Brody, a mountain of men who had brief moments of "mush". -
"Patsy was tall like her brother, but far broader of beam. And whereas Graham had been distinguished looking, she was, well, more robust all round." and "Patsy’s shapeless sack-like garment seemed to opt for comfort". 🤣🤣🤣🤣. I do so love your euphemistic physical descriptions @Robert Hugill. Patsy was tall like her brother, but had wide hips and a fat arse. Her clothes were shapeless in an attempt perhaps to conceal her largesse, but they failed miserably to do so, in fact they emphasised her corpulence. Graham's illicit business dealings have finally caught up with him, much to the delight of his sister Pasty, and her gossip-hungry and equally corpulent husband, Bobbie. It appears Graham was about as well-liked by his relatives as Aunt Daphne was by her's. Perhaps this is what drew them together in the first instance. It may also emerge yet Graham had business dealings with Farouk Georges aka Farouk Joski. With Graham and Aunt Daphne's home now for sale, it appears unlikely Charlie will ever have to have any contact with Graham again. In hindsight it is just as well Graham did not lend Charlie any money as he may have had to return it in a lump sum, if it was funded from proceeds of crime, which appears likely. Another highly amusing chapter @Robert Hugill
-
Bernice, what a fucking bitch. She does not want Kilby to come back and live with her because she loves him, she wants him to come back so she can return to the streets and a life on drugs, a habit she will use him to support. She was more than happy to reveal to Edward the true nature of Kilby's nocturnal adventures, thereby jeopardising his ongoing foster placement. Hopefully Kilby has seen her now for what she really is, a selfish junkie who has no regard for him or his future, only for herself. If anyone is a "traitor" and an "ingrate" it is she. Perhaps you can arrange for a fatal accident for Bernice @Wombat Bill. She has overstayed her welcome.
-
"G-gone, Sire,’ the unfortunate guard replied; with these being the last words he would ever speak." Septimus is a tyrant and a cold-blooded killer. He would fare well in today's world in certain nations, many of which have been poisoned by religious zealots. "These two riders were the Dark Lord himself, and his traitorous servant, Judayah, and defiance of their orders would mean only one thing. No more evil a pair than these two, loathed by soldiers and citizens alike, had ever ridden these roads." It is interesting, and hardly surprising, Septimus is not only loathed by the general populace, but also by the soldiers in his army. Does this bode well for Prince Raemande, Luther and those who rescued the Prince, together with the Warlock and Carel? If enough of the soldiers rebel against Septimus' tyrannical rule it may bring about his downfall, but I won't hold my breath waiting. Jamal, Deven and Whip are making good progress in the tasks laid out for them by Chandar. Fortune shone on them in this chapter in the shape, a very ample shape, of Maisie. Her payment, kisses from one or more of the three. Fortunately Whip is not averse to heaving bosoms and all that goes with it, and he was able to satisfy Maisie's carnal desires, something which neither Jamal nor Deven had any experience with, and seemingly no desire to acquire it. Another intriguing chapter @Mark Ponyboy Peters, with a showdown pending between Septimus' forces of darkness and evil, and the Knights of the Order of the Dragon's forces of light and goodness.
-
And/or keeps us sane, or as sane as is possible (speaking for myself).
-
She does not have the time or the inclination for romance @Paladin. She has "Jeff" to satisfy her physical needs: always hard ready, willing and able able to adjust to different speeds silent and obedient battery-operated dishwasher safe made in Merrickville by a company she and Steve own, which employs 12 staff, one for every inch
-
I daresay rimming and toe-sucking are off the menu for Kenny and Steve, unless the relevant body parts are wrapped in industrial strength plastic and coated with a protective chemical, which defeats the purpose of the practice. How ever will Kenny cope with cum here, there and everywhere, douching and occasional accidents? Sally smoking Clovis' cigars again🤮🤮🤮🤮, and drinking a glass (or more) of Pinot Noir. She has certainly shed her prim and proper image. Next thing we know she will be getting a nose ring AND a tattoo, snorting coke and participating regularly in a bisexual ménage à trois.
-
It was all just a game, with the only "loser" being Kyle, although he may get something out of it yet.
-
Steve, entrepreneurial and philanthropic. A powerful combination and aphrodisiac. Kenny has no option but to surrender with a total abandonment of all he holds dear, except Steve won't make him do that, he will let him keep the perfect socks fetish and other OCD habits.
