Jump to content

Summerabbacat

Members
  • Posts

    8,283
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Summerabbacat

  1. “I’m utterly shocked” “Why you didn’t think I would look so good in my corset dress?” “NO, I’m shocked that you are wearing fur” “Now before you get your knickers in a knot, it’s very old, made long before we knew any better and I bought it at an op-shop just for fun” “Well, that’s OK I suppose, now about the act” Shocked! I was utterly appalled. Given its vintage it is perhaps acceptable, and it is a very timeless coverup for what lies beneath. I am intrigued as to what song Ruby has chosen to accompany her striptease, perhaps something cliched like DSB's Big Spender, or more likely something dreadful from any number of talentless pop tarts purporting to be singers and entertainers in today's world. Is Gran on a mission to learn more about Bernice, expose her as a fraud or send her a message not to fuck with Kilby or his new foster parents? I suspect Gran is far more clever, and perhaps even devious, than Craig gives her credit for. And for Felix's sake, get that woman a drink. A G&T and on the double.
  2. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 20

    I am very pleased Jason and Blake have resumed their relationship and all appears to be going well. As noted by several of my fellow readers, the characteristics of Jason and Blake very much mirror those of Kenny and Steve.
  3. @Cap published this chapter on another site on 07/02/26 (or 02/07/26 if you are in the USA) and has published three additional chapters since @VBlew. I believe the story has become better with each passing chapter. It is rather timely too given current events in Iran, almost as if @Cap was prophetic (or perhaps he "borrowed" @weinerdog's crystal ball). I know nothing about guns, the military (of any country) and warfare @Cap and have no interest in it. I have never been a fan of "war" movies and did not read "war novels" as a child or build model aeroplanes or anything remotely like that. I cannot remember why I started to read this story on the other site, but once I got to Parker's statement "General, neither the delay nor the presumed hesitation at the LZ was the variable," Parker said. His voice was raspy from the dry air of the transport plane, but it carried the absolute authority of a man who had navigated these waters from the inside. "It was the inevitable result." I was hooked. I can only but imagine the lies which are manufactured to defend certain military actions taken or perhaps even not taken, and imagine the fall guy or guys is or are often those lower down the ranks rather than those who should shoulder the blame. Parker's no bullshit attitude left no stone unturned in challenging the rhetoric of General Miller, and for this he deservedly earned the respect of Brody and his colleagues, who I assume have previously borne the brunt for the failure of those in charge who have fucked up big time. Human nature at its very worst, which I imagine in the current climate may be worse than usual, and almost untenable for anyone whose "lifestyle" deviates from "the norm". And the sex, sizzling, my laptop almost caught on fire (and it gets better @VBlew). However, it is the realisation by Parker and Brody they have found someone who understands and desires them, and is very capable at expressing it physically and perhaps more importantly, emotionally, which is the real "stand out" in this story thus far. An exceptional debut @Cap, even if I don't understand the military jargon (and it does not matter) or the "nature" of warfare.
  4. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 19

    I have the 'flu at the moment and it is a long-lasting, fever-inducing, and very tiring dose, so my brain is somewhat foggy. This may be the reason why @Topher LydonI am somewhat confused by the following explanation from Lydia to a query from "Chase Stirling": "Next issue: the Nail Salon. The inventory variance is consistently high. We are losing $500 a week in unaccounted product. Your theory?” Lydia finally put her phone down, her face taking on a look of sharp, cynical focus. “Mr. Jensen’s too honest to steal, but he’s too polite to stop others. It’s teenagers stealing energy drinks and chocolate bars from the vending machine out front. It’s always teenagers.” “And your solution?” Kenny asked, impressed by her quick analysis. “Raise the price on all Red Bull products by fifty cents and put a cheap security camera directly over the vending machine. The profit increase will cover the losses, and the camera will make you feel better that he’s doing something about the loss prevention.” Kenny leaned back, stunned. The efficiency was terrifying. “You just created a balanced budget, increased profit, and solved a personnel issue with a single pricing adjustment.” Am I correct in assuming Lydia has attributed the losses being experienced by the Independent Grocer to Madame Chao's Nail Emporium, presumably for some valid reason? Kenny, the "boring" accountant with an eye for the law too. Perhaps he should consider a double degree.
  5. Summerabbacat

    Missing?

    Whoopiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii sister. Is that Lauryn up on the hill?
  6. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 12

    Hopefully a death notice in the newspaper.
  7. Summerabbacat

    Missing?

    They'd probably get caught on the bus and either beaten by a bunch of homophobes or arrested for lewd behaviour.
  8. Summerabbacat

    Missing?

    I have a sense the comments you made on the last chapter will come to fruition @weinerdog. I doubt either of Virgil's parents will be disturbed if he is gay, but Sam's parents are an unknown quantity. His mother responded to his missing status with the expected concern for his safety; his father however, responded with vitriol directed at the police. I wonder if he has had personal dealings with the police in the past which have informed his attitude. He is the potential "fly in the ointment" I think, and given @Lee Wilson's comments above, I think there will be at least one fly in that ointment. I suspect the "lite" will soon become "dark" or "heavy" in Wilsonlandia.
  9. Summerabbacat

    Bernie

    It's a terrible idea in one respect @chris191070 because I am almost certain she will cause trouble. If she does it might make Kilby finally realise she is not worth the effort, which would be a good thing for him to be rid of her as she is like a poisoned chalice.
  10. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 12

    Killian, Killian, Killian. You are way too honest. "I feel like I'm being guarded," Micah grumbled with a nod in their direction. "How'd it go?" I shrugged. "He wasn't very talkative. He said he'd be out to give you a statement soon." "He didn't tell you anything?" "Nothing I can share," I said carefully. Micah turned to me in disbelief. "What is that supposed to mean?" "He didn't tell me much, and what he did tell me was confidential." Why did Killian reveal to Micah there was information Sergeant Kaplan shared with him which he could not share with Micah? He should have just shut his mouth and said nothing, thereby avoiding the tense situation he created as a result of this. Putting aside he was a pompous arsehole, why has Professor Healy been murdered? Is it because he is the head of the team conducting the excavation of the site, or is it because he failed to protect the site from prior disturbances, or something else entirely? And is it merely a coincidence he has been murdered on the day the burial grounds were uncovered? The only thing of which I am now certain is that Professor Healy was not the person who assaulted Fletcher. I think Gordon Wallace is somehow involved, but I am not certain who or what it is that he is trying to protect or prevent from discovery. The story has taken a dramatic turn with the murder of Professor Healy @Josh Aterovis. And what of Killian's relationship with Micah? It appears to have deteriorated, perhaps past the point of no return. And most importantly, isn't Eve dead yet?
  11. Summerabbacat

    Bernie

    Any sympathy I had for Bernice, which was minimal to begin with, evaporated when she dared to judge the members of the household in which Kilby is being fostered and referred to them as "shirt lifters". These "shirt lifters" have done more for her son in the short time they have had him in their care than she had done in the first 16 years of his life. Bernice, the selfish junkie whose parental rights were severed because drugs were more important to her than her son. Addiction is a disease that she has to live with, but her son should not be forced to tolerate it and live with it just because she gave birth to him, which is why her parental rights were severed. Edward was remarkably polite to Bernice given her remarks equating gay men to paedophiles. If it was not for the fact Kilby wants to see his mother again, and I cannot understand why given her consistent abandonment of him, Edward may well have rescinded the invitation. If she attends and causes any difficulties, which I can easily see happening, Gran may put her in her place. I cannot imagine Gran tolerating any nonsense from her, regardless of any excuse(s) she may make. I must say @Wombat Bill, "Peggy" is the spitting image of my late Zelda.
  12. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 16

    Odd how different "God's laws" are south of the border, especially the further south one travels towards the next border with Mexico.
  13. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 17

    I vaguely recall the Ms Patel who is hired by Mrs Katz and by Orel in later works is the daughter of the referenced Mr & Mrs Patel in this chapter, or have I imagined this @Topher Lydon?
  14. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 17

    Me too, but not with icing; and it has to be moist and preferably without dates. And I love to eat it with either lemon or passionfruit sorbet.
  15. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 16

    Sally certainly shed the 1950's housewife stereotype she was scared of becoming. The breakdown of the stereotype started with Sally smoking one of Clovis' cigars, and progressed to not one but two slaps across the face she delivered to Jason. Frankly, I thought she was a bitch for doing this, and had it been Jason who slapped her across the face twice he would likely have been charged with assault. She did however, redeem herself with the following statements: "You're fond of me, Jason, and you do love me, but not like that," she said, looking toward Blake with a terrible, weary kindness. "I've always been in his shadow, and it's dark in there. I lied to myself. But the lie doesn't work anymore. I'm divorcing you. I need to be free of the lie, and you need to be true to your heart." and her friendliness towards Blake. If Sally and Jason divorce it might affect his continuing tenure as pastor of the Baptist Church. If Jason and Blake become a couple, which I hope they do, I imagine his tenure as pastor would cease immediately. It may not be foremost in either of their minds, but I think Sally and Jason would both be happier if they left the nonsense behind and found a church they could attend at which all are welcome.
  16. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 16

    It could be worse @drpaladin; it could be "forever trying to clear the chaos that is Steve's behind", especially if he had eaten any of the colourfully decorated sandwiches Kenny found culturing under Steve's desk.
  17. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 16

    "Jenny nodded, "We've made sandwiches, you should come inside before we attract all the neighbours." She waved politely to the gathering crowd that were watching the drama unfolding on the lawn." Given Mr Greenwood is apparently a mean, stingy old curmudgeon now, I was hoping he might come outside and turn the hose on the nosey parker neighbours.
  18. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 15

    “Hey, ladies!” Lydia yelled out the window, her voice cheerful and clear. The women froze, mouths slightly open. Lydia’s expression shifted instantly from sunny to pure contempt. “Don’t you two have some bingo to lose or some terrible grand-kids to ignore? Move your ancient, judgmental asses.” Lydia is forgiven for all her previous nastiness and transgressions. This admonishment of some of the gossipers, including Mrs Peterson, was priceless, as was her reckless driving cutting off a minivan driven by a soccer mum whom she gave the finger. Soccer mums, they are a menace worldwide in these petrol-guzzling polluting "status symbols".
  19. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 14

    Jenny-Lynn is an indomitable force to be reckoned with lest anyone should try to challenge her take charge attitude. Between the Hickeys and the Jensens, Jason's reputation should be able to be salvaged, although I daresay some will still be sceptical. Perhaps Andrew Highmore can arrange for "clean up" duty on any naysayers.
  20. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 13

    It seems my memory did not serve me well. I thought Jason's father was also a preacher and that this was the reason for his homophobia. It appears I was wrong; he was just a drunken, bigoted, neo-Nazi who neglected and abused his son continuously, whether drunk or sober. I hope his death was excruciatingly slow and painful.
  21. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 12

    Jason's reaction was extraordinarily calm and measured. Are you sure he is a Baptist minister and not a stoned ex-hippy @Topher Lydon? Jason, Sally and Blake know the truth, but the truth is not scandalous. Given this, will Brenda and Hot Gossip believe it or will they continue to besmirch both Jason and Blake? Will Mark become a eunuch as a result of action(s) taken by Lydia?
  22. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 11

    Brenda is a bitch. Jenny-Lynn should have accidentally (on purpose) let it slip, reminding Brenda of the second worst kept secret in Merrickville, the time when all the hockey team, apart from West, Jason and Matt, and some of their brothers, fathers and cousins, came down with a severe case of gonorrhoea, as did she, Brenda, shortly after attending Brenda's 17th birthday party, and the "after party" gang bang orchestrated by Brenda to celebrate the momentous occasion. Brenda was a popular girl that night, a 17 year old cumdump. LOL. Steve and Clovis will help Kenny and Jason, and Jenny-Lynn will continue to support Sally. Meanwhile, Lydia will castrate Mark and his accomplices using several implements and the acetone from Madame Chao's Nail Emporium.
  23. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 10

    This is the kind of scenario where I am not as opposed to your nations gun laws as I usually am @drsawzall. Now why is Kathleen Turner aka Serial Mom not in the school parking lot when she is really needed. Mr Greenwood's front garden must be awash with male pheromones.
  24. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 9

    Or perhaps this one might be more apropos @Topher Lydon, DSB's gown matching the colour of Kenny's chariot.
  25. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 9

    History Repeating for Blake, but what Steve and Kenny need is also a touch of Bassey. A song popularised by Pink, but DSB's version is a scorching explosion of fuchsia.
×
×
  • Create New...