Jump to content

Lupus

Author
  • Posts

    557
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Lupus

  1. Renn The dyehouse had been silent for a long time. Gathering his courage, Renn crawled out from beneath the ritual platform where he had been hiding. He rubbed his weary eyes and looked around carefully before straightening up. The movement sent a sharp stab of pain through his groin, but there was nothing new about that. Clenching his teeth, Renn took his first steps toward the door. The bodies had been cleared away. Only a couple of dried pools of blood remained to tell of the n
  2. Lupus

    Chapter 30

    @Seraph28 Thank you, I'm glad you're looking forward to the upcoming chapters. This chapter was really intended as a kind of culmination of Book 4's main storyline. The only thing I'm not entirely satisfied with is how I ended up bringing the Faceless into the plot. After the events at Marta's house in Book 1, I simply couldn't come up with a meaningful way to tie the Faceless into the main story. In the end, that left me with little choice but to kill it off in this way. Every now and then, I regret starting to write before I had planned the overall story in greater detail. As a result, weaving all the different plot threads together has often been quite a challenging task.😓
  3. Zaltarim Ragart adjusted his submachine gun again. His face was taut, and sweat gleamed on his bald scalp. It was easy to guess the merchant was itching to open fire and cut down the Fallen rampaging below in the dyehouse. Zal had given him no permission for that. It was horrific to watch the suffering of those being tortured. Especially knowing that, if he wished, he could have saved them from at least some of their pain. Zal himself felt the urge to shoot, but reason held him back. H
  4. Lupus

    Chapter 29

    Thank you for the comments.❤️ More about the situation will be revealed in the next chapter, when Zal takes his turn as the POV character.
  5. Lupus

    Chapter 29

    Thank you for the comment. Wryyt is a cunning rat who realized it was the perfect moment to slip away. Don’t worry — I have special plans for Renn and his Bluguh 😄
  6. Jolanda Time, place — everything around her blurred, turned meaningless. Daddy! It couldn't be possible, and yet it was. Daddy was alive. Doptus whispered something, but Jolanda paid him no mind. She dashed forward toward the stage. Daddy! They had hung him from some kind of chain, suspended in the air. Why? Surely they wouldn't... a sacrificial altar! Jolanda threw herself at her father's feet. "Daddy!" she cried, receiving no answer. Was he...? Had they already...? Then str
  7. Lupus

    Chapter 5

    You’re right — you can never be completely sure in advance how other people will react. And when it’s a teenager and his own parents, the situation is all the more frightening.
  8. Lupus

    Chapter 28

    @akascrubber @drsawzall @Seraph28 Thank you for the comments. Rezak really did have this kind of fate planned for him from the very beginning — and a rather unfair one at that. In the next chapter, we return to the abandoned dyehouse.
  9. Lupus

    Effigy

    For some reason, I had never read this particular story by Geron Kees before. I'm glad I finally did, because Effigy is a truly well‑written piece that gives the reader a lot to think about. It's a deeply thoughtful story, and the ending felt just right.
      • 1
      • Love
  10. Rezak The sand field before the Imperial Army headquarters was rarely without people. Even now, a detachment of recruits was practicing bayonet drills along the edge of the field as Rezak rode Starpetal through the main gate. He noticed the recruits turn their heads. Everyone here recognized the commander of the Imperial Army and his night‑black stallion. He could have stopped to exchange a few words with the young recruits, to encourage them and instill courage for the trials ahead. T
  11. Lupus

    Chapter 27

    @drsawzall @Seraph28 Thanks for the comments. Josel and Bartos are safe now — or at least for the rest of this fourth book. Little by little, we’re approaching the final climax of the book.🫣
  12. Lupus

    Chapter 29

    The way I see it, the side plots in this story are so tightly woven into the main narrative that it’s hard to even say what the “main plot” is anymore. And now in the third book, it’s no longer possible to clearly name who the actual main characters are.☺️
  13. Lupus

    Chapter 27

    @chrstphrl Thanks for the comment. If Otello knew Tac Temogam better, he certainly wouldn’t suggest revealing those significant secrets to him. A few plotlines will still reach their conclusion in this book, while others won’t be resolved until the next one.
  14. Lupus

    Chapter 27

    Since English isn’t my native language, I run into small difficulties every now and then. For example, I only realized now that ship names in English need the article the. So I’ll have to go back and change the earlier chapters to the correct form, the Princess.😅 I’ve also been fixing awkward expressions and occasional grammar mistakes starting all the way from Book 1.
  15. Otello As they entered the hearth room, Otello first studied the men's expressions. Andreuz Sandkan looked — oddly enough — relieved, while annoyance was written plainly across Dareis Monteilon's face. Most likely they had been in the middle of a conversation that Otello and Lae-Sui's arrival had interrupted. At Otello's signal, Lae-Sui brought the wheelchair to a stop beside the armchairs. "Gentlemen, my apologies for disturbing you," Otello began, speaking as clearly as he possi
  16. Lupus

    Chapter 15

    There's undeniably a lot to keep track of in these plot threads and in everything the characters are doing.😀 I don't have any grand map or set of tables to rely on — most of it lives only in my head. So I've had to go back and check things several times in the parts I've already written.😬 Sometimes it's small details, like a character's eye colour, and sometimes it’s something more significant.
  17. Lupus

    Chapter 1

    @jaclp It’s nice to see you’ve progressed this far in the reading😊I’ve planned the story as a blend of a coming‑of‑age tale for the teens and the grand, epic events of the fantasy world. I hope the balance between the two feels right.
  18. Lupus

    Chapter 24

    Thank you for the comment. Good reflections. I try to keep a balance between calmer stretches that build the story, and then faster‑paced sections that push the plot forward more quickly, but since the story is still quite early on, there is inevitably quite a lot of groundwork to lay.😎
  19. Lupus

    Chapter 26

    @Seraph28 @chrstphrl Thank you for the comments. Dareis truly is an unpleasant man with an impressive collection of bad character traits. He is greedy, power‑hungry, arrogant, cold, rude, intolerant, not very bright and utterly self‑centered. In fact, the only good thing about him is his handsome appearance. And as in this chapter, Franz is once again seeing everything in black and white, unwilling to look at things very objectively because of his own preconceptions. But that’s simply who he is, for better or worse.☺️
  20. Franz It wasn't Ikarr or Kharl, but Tialing who stepped directly before the marshal general. The two of them stood face to face, measuring one another. Tialing may have been a young woman, yet now she seemed to have grown to match the marshal general in height. With her expression calm and her back held proudly straight, she looked exactly what she was: the daughter of the Ruler of the First Serpent Clan. The men took their places on either side of Tialing, Rummo standing a step behind
  21. Lupus

    Chapter 5

    Thanks for the comment.🙂 Franz’s plotline starts off a little slowly, but it gradually becomes more significant.
  22. Lupus

    Chapter 8

    Thank you for the feedback. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed the story🙂 I’ve started planning a new one, but unfortunately it will take some time before I can get it written. English isn’t my native language, so writing is a bit slow for me.
  23. Lupus

    Prologue

    It’s great to see that you’ve already made it this far. Comments are always very welcome — they’re a encouragement for me to keep writing more😊
  24. The story truly deserves a recommendation. Sixteen‑year‑old Steve dreams of cute boys and hopes to find a boyfriend. His life takes a new turn when he lands a summer job at a thrift shop. I liked practically everything about this story: the characters, the atmosphere, the plot, and the writing style. Steve is such pleasant company that I could easily have spent even more time with him, so I was delighted to discover there’s a sequel.
      • 1
      • Love
  25. Lupus

    Chapter 25

    It happened in chapter 13. Renn is suffering, but it’s hard to feel sorry for him after what he did to Marl.
×
×
  • Create New...