-
Posts
486 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Jack Poignet
-
Battle Royale (Part 1) Poker Face
Jack Poignet posted new chapter in Shadow‘s Reach (Halloween Noir)
Gaslight hissed softly, casting long, distorted shadows down the narrow alleyway flanking Maison Noir. The air, thick with the damp chill of November nights in New Orleans, crackled with nervous energy, sharp enough to draw blood. Ranks of figures crowded the space—the disciplined, feral readiness of Cecile d’Aubigne and Les Enfants de la Férocité stood shoulder-to-shoulder with numerous grim-faced members of the Order of Saint Venant, their usual clerical bearing replaced with cold fury and the- 6 comments
-
- 15
-
-
-
-
It often happens that I change small details after publishing a chapter, so re-reading it does make sense (e.g. the last sentence in this chapter). There’s just something about seeing a text formatted differently that makes you realize things you‘ve missed before. And I normally pack in enough details, so some things might be overlooked on first read. (e.g. one witch calling the other „weird“ and „sister“. Ok, maybe that was a bit too meta) „Scudding“ sounds beautiful but so far was not in my limited non-native English speaker’s vocabulary. Let‘s hope I can remember this word when using it would enhance a description For now, if it pleases you, just imagine you could see dark, turbulent clouds scudding over the sky…
-
I hope this "Interlude" works without too much classical knowledge... but I do hope that everyone knowing Act 1, Scene 1 of Macbeth can forgive me Good old Frankie unfortunately didn't do his song for a movie, otherwise I'd gladly have used it for the chapter title.
-
Lightning flared, throwing dark and jagged peaks into stark relief against a bruised, purple sky. Sheets of rain lashed down relentlessly, obscuring distant rock formations and saturating the desolate heath. The wind shrieked, a continuous, haunting wail, threading itself seamlessly through the storm. Another bolt struck, perfectly matching the first, illuminating the exact same craggy peak. Thunder followed—a resonant, deep rumble reverberating through the room, powerful enough to vibrate
- 12 comments
-
- 44
-
-
-
-
-
-
Act I - The Music Of The Night
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act I - The Music Of The Night
Thanks a lot! I‘m trying to do one chapter a week, but normally I just publish when it‘s ready … 🤷♂️ Not sure how fast I can publish the next one, I‘m pretty desperate to finish „Shadow‘s Reach“ first … But I now have two weeks off, so will definitely have some spare time. -
Act I - I Dreamed A Dream
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act I - I Dreamed A Dream
I’m afraid, the other stories are totally different … 🤷♂️ -
Act I - Shelter (revised)
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act I - Shelter (revised)
I’ve made it to Sweden only 4 times in my life so far, but stuck to the south and of course mostly Stockholm. I agree, the general landscape fits nicely and is what I had in mind. However, I have not specifically placed my story and Northern USA / Canada are just as likely… -
Act I - The Music Of The Night
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act I - The Music Of The Night
Thanks for answering BOTH of my questions The reactions to this story make me more than happy, so I’ll continue… As for the very broad main story, I just stick to the very obvious path you may or may not have figured out. This story lives in the details, not the originality of the main plot 😱😜 -
Act I - The Music Of The Night
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act I - The Music Of The Night
I have it on good authority that the arrival of little ones somewhat dampens the romance. So, no hurry. And… it‘s shifters! Anything is possible! Just think of the vampire... Ray does seem to have some live-giving power, right? Hmmm…. (Ok ok, you‘ve caught me completely off guard here, but there are certainly possibilities) -
Act I - The Music Of The Night
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act I - The Music Of The Night
Thank you so much xx -
Act I - The Music Of The Night
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act I - The Music Of The Night
Just asking for a friend. 😇 What do you think will happen next? Or do you think that‘s the perfect ending for a RomCom? 🤔 -
“Seriously, you’re all completely insane.” Ray couldn’t stop muttering into Gabriel’s fur as he crumbled to the floor. He discreetly tried to wipe something gooey—wolf spittle? dire drool?—from his cheek where Gabriel had been slobbering him moments before. The muffled sound of the pack running outside seeped in, their howls rising in intensity. The light of the bright full moon streamed through the high, narrow windows and pooled on the empty throne. It glowed faintly. The lingering smell
- 22 comments
-
- 54
-
-
-
-
-
I hope my writing doesn’t imply I’m big on euphemisms. I’m trying my best to be direct and big paws means exactly that … big paws (like the villains have ). Please have patience for just a few more days and wait for the next chapter 🤷♂️ Also, please be advised that the next chapter will contain romance. No worries, I have looked it up on wikipedia, I guess I somewhat broadly grasp the concept.
-
I haven‘t changed much now. I‘ve added a „second vampire guard“ to „the lunge“ and inserted (=broke the big block up into) paragraphs. That should hopefully make it clearer. Obviously, many things happened at once. It was totally meant to be confusing.
-
I have a feeling the four or five most important questions will be addressed (or at least summarised) at the start of the next chapter … And at least some of them will definitely be answered.
-
Looks like I need to edit the story to make it clearer that the vampire guard bit Ray, and the healed vampire killed the attacking guard … not that it matters for the story (or does it? 🤔🤪)
-
Ray stood stiffly in front of the tall mirror, arms half-raised, as an exasperated tailor adjusted the collar of yet another tunic. “This one itches,” Ray muttered, trying not to squirm. Muriel, seated nearby with one ankle draped over her knee, barely glanced up from the phone in her hand. “Everything itches the first time. That just means it fits.” Ray scowled at his reflection. The clothes were beautiful—deep gray woven with silver thread that seemed too fine, too formal for...
- 17 comments
-
- 48
-
-
-
-
-
-
The mid-afternoon Louisiana sun graced the flagstones of the Maison Noir courtyard with warmth between the lengthening shadows. An oppressive stillness had fallen after the morning’s confirmations—Santini dead, the Accord shattered, war seemingly inevitable. Alex sat hunched on a sun lounger near the dormant pool, an untouched glass of water beside him. His gaze kept drifting towards the large windows of the adjacent gym. Inside, Marcus moved like a caged storm, his form a blur as he attacked th
-
Act I - Oh, What A Beautiful Mornin'
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act I - Oh, What A Beautiful Mornin'
Thanks. Looks like you‘ve read the whole story so far these last days. I’m really happy you’re enjoying it 🤗 -
Act I - Oh, What A Beautiful Mornin'
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act I - Oh, What A Beautiful Mornin'
Both as mates, peace? Now where's the story in that? Unless of course I'd write about their sex life. Now that might be interesting ... 🤔 -
Act I - Oh, What A Beautiful Mornin'
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act I - Oh, What A Beautiful Mornin'
That's a clever question .... but there are other options... -
Act I - Oh, What A Beautiful Mornin'
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act I - Oh, What A Beautiful Mornin'
The living vampire will be part of the vampire delegation - well, kind off. Wait for the next chapter. Who and what Ray is will have to wait a bit (this is called a "story" ) but if all goes to plan, then the chapter after the next one will at least clarify the name of this story, "BigPaws". There, the big bad wolf will develop huge paws and innocent little Ray will say "Grumpy, what big paws you have", and the wolf will answer .... No, wait, I think I'm confusing this with a different story. Anyway, "BigPaws" after the vampires, let's see who's still alive then... -
Act I - Oh, What A Beautiful Mornin'
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act I - Oh, What A Beautiful Mornin'
Original movie songs and show tunes to be exact. Normally, they just have to very loosely fit the chapter, only in chapter 6 I slipped in the musical name itself. It was tempting, but I refrained from slipping in the word „miserable“ in chapter 7. I wondered if/when anyone would notice. Cheers -
The family dining room was flooded with morning light, pouring through the high windows in golden shafts that lit every polished surface. The air smelled of roasted meat and fresh bread, with a faint trace of coffee and crisp mountain air drifting in from the cracked upper windows. The table groaned under the weight of the feast. Thick-cut bacon curled in crisp, glistening strips beside coils of venison sausage, their casings split from the heat. A whole roast pheasant lay open on a wooden
- 15 comments
-
- 56
-
-
-
-
-
-
The Pipes, the Pipes are Calling
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in The Pipes, the Pipes are Calling
There is a story connected to the house, but it won’t be told in this story… And as for how long the boys have before the fight … hours. The pipes are calling for the troops to gather and then the battle begins. Not long for Jacques to find out what to do with the hand. Hint: He won’t figure it out in time 😱
