-
Posts
486 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Jack Poignet
-
The Pipes, the Pipes are Calling
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in The Pipes, the Pipes are Calling
If the house keeps Marcus around, he might still be useful. I honestly don’t fully know yet. Those strange melodies are of course to be heard in New Orleans, so that's a bit of reality grounding the story in real life. The source of the sound has nothing to do with war though. Oh Danny Boy came to me when I thought about a title for this chapter and I wondered if/where I've heard the word pipes in the context of war before (even though those pipes sound very different. But if I'm thinking it, Alex also can…) Love that you thought about your grandfather. It means my story is close enough to connect to real life. -
The door flung open before they reached it with a deep, resonant groan, as if the very house exhaled its held breath. Marcus stood in the frame — still as the stones of the steps, the ancient house holding a palpable stillness with him. He’d been waiting there, minutes or hours, Jacques couldn’t say. Maybe all night. Maybe longer. His eyes flicked first to Alex’s bruised throat before locking onto them both. For a split second, he didn’t breathe. Two figures. Both upright. Both al
- 4 comments
-
- 13
-
-
-
Act I - Touch-A, Touch-A, Touch-Me
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act I - Touch-A, Touch-A, Touch-Me
Ag47 and a bit of Latin does the trick for me… Glad we can offer different approaches 😁 -
Act I - Touch-A, Touch-A, Touch-Me
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act I - Touch-A, Touch-A, Touch-Me
The RomCom awkwardness demands that things are going slower … they haven’t even kissed yet! No kissing before the third date -
Gabriel’s suite was more than just a large room. Ray stepped inside, heart racing with anticipation. The decor screamed "male", "money", and "class". Firelight greeted him, flickering in the hearth and making the dark wood panels glow with a warm, inviting sheen. Leather-bound books lined the shelves, their spines cracked and worn, hinting at age and importance. Old weapons, their metal gleaming from a high polish, hung above the mantel, silent testaments to strength. Thick rugs muffled his foot
- 12 comments
-
- 48
-
-
-
-
-
-
An Inheritance of Fire
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in An Inheritance of Fire
I'm afraid I've already let Jacques do the slapping in chapter "Fights of the round table". The even more interesting question is: What would Billy Joel do? 😜 -
Act I - I Dreamed A Dream
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act I - I Dreamed A Dream
Once again .... that's exactly the reaction I'm hoping for Ray doesn't mind all that much that he got humped by Gabriel. But he certainly minds the cock-blocking afterwards. That screaming injustice (!!!) needs to be corrected! Rafael (I notice I dropped that name a bit suddenly, it's the Steward himself, in case you wondered) kind of plays his son by getting the other shifters to offer help / justice .... (Of course they only want to hump Ray to get the instant shifting ability). In any case, please try not to think too much about the "logic" of the story ... just enjoy (if possible). -
The cold bit hard. It sank through Jacques’ scorched leather and dug into the sweat on his skin. He let the cold bite deeper. Alex slumped against him. Too warm, too still. The blanket clung damp and lightly steaming around both of them. Beneath it, Lucien’s hand lay pressed to Jacques’ stump, its cold fingers curled tight — like digging roots, searching a hold. Or a thing that had found its host and never meant to let go. Behind them, the house groaned. Another beam collapsed wit
- 3 comments
-
- 17
-
-
-
-
-
-
Act I - I Dreamed A Dream
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act I - I Dreamed A Dream
I’m sure the current „background“ / blurb / pitch is general enough to fit for a lot of plot lines … -
Act I - I Dreamed A Dream
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act I - I Dreamed A Dream
It is commonly assumed that love is involved in a RomCom The only unusual thing here is my emphasis on Comedy. But, now that you have cited the „background“, does that mean I have to stick to it? I‘ve currently rewritten the „background“ to my other story „Shadow’s Reach“ about a hundred times 😱 -
Act I - I Dreamed A Dream
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act I - I Dreamed A Dream
I take this as a compliment 🤗This is a fast paced story, so the logical blocks are shorter. There‘s just not so much soul-searching or extensive descriptions going on (yet). In my other current story, Shadow’s Reach, the latest two chapters are way more than 5000 words each… and only because I split that chapter in two. Takes ages to write and gets tiring quickly. So in this story (for now) it’s short chapters 🤷♂️ -
Act I - I Dreamed A Dream
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act I - I Dreamed A Dream
Slight correction: Ray is (often) giving off a powerful smell of arousal. Everyone, including Gabe, smells this. But in general, Ray smells „ordinary, average human“ to every shifter. I will address this later, when the Vampire delegation shows up… (uups, I shouldn‘t have said that) -
Gabriel rose to his feet. Naked, dazed, but with quiet dignity. His dark hair tousled, his body slick with sweat, muscles taut and gleaming under the firelight. His dick swung with gravitas under a nest of dark hair, as if he hadn’t just face-planted moments ago. Ray stared. He wondered what the dick would taste like? He tried not to. But he really did. The man from his dream was standing right in front of him. Glorious, real, and very, very naked. He was the exact same build
- 20 comments
-
- 48
-
-
-
-
-
-
Act I - Live And Let Die
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act I - Live And Let Die
All in good time … that‘s what the whole story is about 🤫 -
Act I - From Out Of The Mist
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act I - From Out Of The Mist
Thanks a lot… must be the world famous German humor that shines through here -
Act I - From Out Of The Mist
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act I - From Out Of The Mist
Gabriel is just very confused and conflicted, can‘t understand what he feels. Some guys can be completely irrational in situations like this and make stuff up to justify their behaviour for themselves. It doesn’t really mean Ray is dangerous (or is he?) The story of the wolves and why they have trouble shifting is coming up soon. -
Act I - Live And Let Die
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act I - Live And Let Die
That would complicate things, right? Create totally unnecessary drama? … Hmmm… I‘m sure I‘ve planned it this way all along 🤔 -
The snowmobile howled across the frozen landscape. Ray clung to Brynjar’s back for dear life, the wind biting through every seam in his borrowed coat. His teeth chattered, more from nerves than cold. He tried to talk — more than once — but every time he opened his mouth, the machine roared louder, devouring his words like snowflakes in a blizzard. “I said—” ROOOOOAAARRRRR. “Forget it.” Clearly, dude was not the talkative kind. Ray slumped, breath fogging against Brynjar’
- 9 comments
-
- 54
-
-
-
-
-
-
Act I - Live And Let Die
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act I - Live And Let Die
Thank you, @Rafy for pointing out inconsistencies where it seemed like the vampire was breathing before Ray gave him some blood. I‘ve fixed it. On that note, let’s not think about how a Vampire can speak or smell anyway without breathing…🤷♂️ -
Act I - Live And Let Die
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act I - Live And Let Die
All good questions. Who or what Ray is will be answered (much) later. The Vampire is very definitely alive and … hey, this is a RomCom (even if it’s not that clear yet) -
Act I - Live And Let Die
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act I - Live And Let Die
The “Caveman“ question will be answered in the coming chapter (unless I digress too much… 🤷♂️) -
Act I - Live And Let Die
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act I - Live And Let Die
Spoiler alert: It won‘t be just this one vampire … -
The moon put a spotlight on the vampire’s fangs — perfect, gleaming, and far too close. Ray’s breath hitched. His body froze, and his mind raced. Move, move, move... but his legs refused to listen. His chest felt tight, as if the air itself had turned solid in his throat — cold and sharp, scraping the inside of his lungs with each shallow breath. The vampire’s smirk stretched — lazy, indulgent, like a cat cornering a wounded mouse. "Wolfie isn’t coming." Ray's eyes shot to th
- 17 comments
-
- 48
-
-
-
-
-
Breaking the Chains (Part 2)
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Breaking the Chains (Part 2)
This chapter was surprisingly hard to write. Maybe I could have condensed it a little, but in the end I just wanted to finally publish it... I'm happy that the two things that I added last, when I was really not happy with the whole thing (too mechanical), are actually the things you mention... Thanks for sticking with the story and always commenting, it helps and inspires me so much ("sniff his butt" for example came from one of your comments on BigPaws ) -
Pain struck the chamber like a lightning bolt — sharp, blistering, impossible to ignore. Jacques’ muscles spasmed, his breath stuttering as fresh bruises bloomed across his skin. The guests shuddered in unison, their gasps rising like a twisted chorus as they felt his suffering yet remained unmarked. The air clung heavy and foul — sweat, lust, and stale wine mingling in a sickly haze. Skin gleamed under flickering candlelight, damp with heat and tension, as if the walls themselves were sweating.
- 3 comments
-
- 17
-
-
-
-
