-
Posts
486 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Jack Poignet
-
Act I - Into The Unknown (revised)
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act I - Into The Unknown (revised)
If anything, that’s exactly the reaction I’m hoping for with this story 😜🥳 -
Act I - The Chase (revised)
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act I - The Chase (revised)
@Jason Rimbaud Every decent shifter will gasp in shock at your use of the word “werewolf” … Seriously, there’s a whole world of “shifter” stories out there now, I recommend “Morningstar. The Malais”, “Timber Pack Chronicles”, “Running with the Pack”, “A full Moon” and several others on this site alone . All more or less “shifter” stories following very similar patterns … true mates etc. I love them. I will follow several of these pattern and put a RomCom on top of it. Who knows, it just might work 🤔 -
Act I - Into The Unknown (revised)
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act I - Into The Unknown (revised)
I swear I (mostly) have an outline, but I‘m always surprised about all the odd stuff that sneaks in into my carefully laid out plans. Basically the plan is to be „different“… which unfortunately is very much not the same as polished and consistent 🤷♂️ This is the one story I solely write for my own enjoyment 😱 The title will become clear at around a third of the way in (prove that I have a rough plan) -
Breaking the Chains (Part 1)
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Breaking the Chains (Part 1)
It’s surprisingly hard to write, as it’ll be quite intense. But it‘s coming soon, I promise 🤷♂️ -
The cold hit Ray like the slap from a furious ex. He stepped outside the cave, wincing as icy air cut through his clothes. The world was still blanketed in snow, but the sky had cleared—pale sunlight filtering through gray clouds. The wind had calmed, and the silence was less menacing than before. Still cold as hell, though. Ray rubbed his arms and glanced back at the wolf, who padded out beside him. The animal stretched like an athlete, lowering his front half to the ground and pushin
- 10 comments
-
- 50
-
-
-
-
-
-
Featured Story: The Wig Heist by Rafy
Jack Poignet commented on wildone's blog entry in Gay Authors News
While "Drag Queens" add some color to this story, in the end it's just a nice comedy. Like all good stories, it's about the people, not the make-up -
Ray’s eyes fluttered open into a terrifying, absolute void. For three agonizing heartbeats, he didn't know where he was. He didn't know who he was. The rocky ceiling above him meant nothing. Panic, cold and sharp, spiked in his chest until the fragmented memories—the snow, the beast, the endless running—came crashing back. His breath hitched. He squeezed his eyes shut against the lingering dread. Right. Relax. The wolf, the cave. And beneath the terror, something else lingered—the ghost of
- 7 comments
-
- 51
-
-
-
-
Breaking the Chains (Part 1)
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Breaking the Chains (Part 1)
I have, of course, absolutely no idea what you mean by this. What would that look like? No idea how that should propel the story forward (cough, cough …) -
Breaking the Chains (Part 1)
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Breaking the Chains (Part 1)
As the chapter title indicates, I had planned to do the whole thing as one chapter, but it got just too long and I seriously struggled with this one. There’s just too much going on here and yet not nearly enough (eh. character development) Anyway, the really dark, heavy stuff is still coming. Cheers -
The ritual chamber was a vision of decadent indulgence, an intimate sanctum where the air was thick with a heady aroma of fragrant incense. Soft torchlight flickered against the gilded reliefs of ancient figures adorning the walls, their expressions frozen in the throes of pleasure and pain. At the center of the chamber, a low circular platform awaited its participants, surrounded by a semicircle of luxurious recliners, each upholstered in deep crimson velvet. The arrangement was reminiscent of
- 6 comments
-
- 15
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Let's ask ChatGPT if Jamaica wasn't the larger sugar producer during the renaissance. Answer: Yes, Jamaica became a major sugar producer, but this happened mainly after the English took control from Spain in 1655 and even more so in the late 17th and 18th centuries. During the Renaissance (before 1655), sugar production in Jamaica was not as developed as in Barbados, which had already established large-scale sugar plantations by the 1640s. At least some points go to Rafy! (If you believe ChatGPT.)
-
@Rafy is always complaining when I start to question details in a story... See! I'm not the only one paying attention to those pesky things... 😘
-
Act I - Shelter (revised)
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act I - Shelter (revised)
The original chapter was almost 50% longer, Ray like a melodramatic teenager. My problem here is, that he‘s close to death/freezing and can‘t think straight … I left in as much humor as I dared. Next chapter he‘ll be fine … -
Act I - Shelter (revised)
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act I - Shelter (revised)
It’s unclear from the story, but actually the wolf changed ito human n his sleep, he was also dreaming (a rather nice dream ) I assume some things that seem funny to me when writing are lost on most (eg. Hibernating bears jumping on him).I put them in for my own enjoyment anyway. But every once in a blue moon I come up with a line I really hope someone catches. Thanks for spotting this one ! -
Act I - Shelter (revised)
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act I - Shelter (revised)
Yes, I'm well aware that some of the attempts at humor here feel a bit off. But I really don't want this story to become as dark as my usual writings ... bear with me, there'll be enough and better opportunities for more humor. Edit August 2, 2026 Hindsight is a funny thing. There's lot's more humor in this version of the story where the humor feels a bit off. Consider is a stylistic choice. -
Ray sat hunched in the snow, his body wracked by violent shivers that rattled his teeth. His mind barely functioned, clinging to the one syllable he still possessed—Ray. Ray. He was sure this was how he died. Alone. Forgotten by a world he couldn’t even recall. He was lost in a frozen wasteland, his skin burning with frostbite, curled up like a tragic hero in some grand, miserable tale of suffering. The black wolf moved a few feet away. He watched Ray in silence and the moment stretche
- 14 comments
-
- 53
-
-
-
-
-
-
Act I - The Chase (revised)
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act I - The Chase (revised)
Shadow‘s Reach is slowly coming to an end (maybe another 4 or 5 chapters) and I‘m connecting all the obvious dots, so I‘m willing to admit your theories are quite spot on there lately (I still reserve the right to add a few surprises). Here however I‘ll let you keep guessing … Be assured that I have set up a completely new mythology / origin story for the shifters… That‘ll be at least one original thing I‘ll add to the usual shifter story 🤷♂️ -
Act I - The Chase (revised)
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act I - The Chase (revised)
If with "well paced" you mean very hectic and sometimes confusing, I agree I promise I'll immediately slow down in chapter two and write in longer sentences -
Act I - The Chase (revised)
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act I - The Chase (revised)
Hello Reader. Does this work for you? I'm a big shifter story fan so I just have to try writing one too. My other stories tend to be a bit darker so maybe I'll try to go into the romcom direction. Not sure how badly I will fail ... Of course I'll (ab)use lots of shifter story tropes. Tell me what you think. The whole outline is set up so - with time - I should be able to write down the whole thing ... If you're wondering if this story is for you, maybe read Chapter 4 and 5. While the style changes with almost every chapter, these two chapters are a good enough sample of the story. Also: Please leave your likes and comments, even if it's been a while since the chapter was published. I read and appreciate them all.- 16 comments
-
- 11
-
-
-
-
The cold clawed into his bones. His legs ached. His lungs burned, and every gasp came ragged, raw from the relentless chase. But he couldn’t stop. He didn’t dare. He had been running for days… Hadn’t he? His mind was a haze, a blur of snow and trees and the ever-present sound of something following him. He didn’t remember when he had started running, or where, only that he couldn’t stop. His body screamed for rest, but fear drove him forward. He knew—knew—that if he stopped, the t
- 16 comments
-
- 59
-
-
-
-
-
Shifters, Vampires, Witches! Lost in the snow, a runaway with no memory stumbles into the path of a fierce protector. A fated encounter, an unshakeable bond— but can destiny overcome centuries of corruption? Revision in Progress!
-
A Dance of Death and Other Revelations
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in A Dance of Death and Other Revelations
We try to stick as close as possible (=as good as we can remember) to the original Discworld books. Concerning the elves, the most relevant book is "Lords and Ladies". Yes, elves are rather nasty. This book also contains the "Standing Stones" Death talks about. The "incident with the guitar" references the book "Soul Music". -
It began, like many unforeseen tragedies in Ankh-Morpork, with an enthusiastic twirl of questionable skill. The crowd gathered outside The Ring & Forge had been upgraded from ‘a few onlookers’ to ‘a developing situation’—men, women, dwarfs, trolls, and even a couple of bewildered Igors—bobbing along to the disco beats emanating from Helmhold’s pink trunk and his imp orchestra. The dwarfish smith hammered to the rhythmic four-on-the-anvil thud of the music, while sparks shot across the worksh
-
Have you read the next chapter already? I don’t remember posting it… Oh well 🤷♂️ Be assured that it’s still gonna be “interesting” 😱
-
The tires screeched in the drive as the limo lurched to a stop. Jacques was already moving to the front passenger door before the sound had fully settled. He ripped it open, his breath coming fast. He didn’t know what he expected—he had felt it in his gut, the creeping dread that had been growing all evening, but the moment his eyes landed on Marcus in the driver’s seat, white-knuckled, shaking, his face streaked with tears—he knew. And then he saw the backseat. His whole world na
- 2 comments
-
- 17
-
-
-
-
-
-
