Jump to content

Jack Poignet

Author
  • Posts

    486
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jack Poignet

  1. Jack Poignet

    Chapter 3

    I have decided that the story is complete the way it is right now. I can always write another story with Bob, but this one moment should stay as is …
  2. Oh no! I‘ve just noticed that someone unfollowed this story 🤯. Before too many follow (this really bad example) I better wrap up the whole narrative. Let‘s try to squeeze everything into another three or four chapters. It‘s proper novel length anyway.
  3. Uhm …he’s just getting started!?
  4. The heavy study door clicked shut behind Doctor Rodriguez, leaving a silence that was louder than any argument. Governor Miró stood staring at the closed door, his posture rigid, his hands clenched into white-knuckled fists at his sides. Père Antoine, watching from a chair near the cold hearth, waited. He had seen the shock on the physician's face, a man whose entire worldview had been upended by an undeniable fact that his science could not explain. Finally, Miró turned from the door,
  5. The snow stung as it whipped through the valley, tearing at Ray’s light fur as he padded along the old, half-forgotten footpath. It was barely a trail anymore, a faint scar weaving around rocks, through skeletal trees and brittle snow. Below, a well-paved road curved around the mountain’s base, leading into the gaping black maw of a tunnel. But this forgotten path climbed, growing steeper, until the vampire stronghold loomed above them, not just built on the mountain, but part of it. A hulking m
  6. Fun story! It‘s also amazing to see the incredible progress you’re making in your video edits … Wow!
  7. Jack Poignet

    A Quiet War

    Thank you so much. No-one is more surprised about how this story turns out than me… 😅
  8. September, 1788 The Governor’s residence was a fortress of silence in the heart of the sleeping city. Polished cypress floors, which by day reflected the passage of clerks and officials, now drank the faint moonlight and gave back nothing. Captain de la Rosa led them through a side entrance and down a series of quiet corridors, his boots making no sound. He was a ghost in his own domain, his face grim in the shadows. Each step took Amélie deeper into the gilded cage where the Governo
  9. Oh no, please not that woke song.... Great suggestions!
  10. All promising titels, but neither original soundtrack songs not show tunes. Might make good stories though
  11. FYI: I'm contemplating the titles of the remaining chapters. It's quite likely I'll take most of my picks from this list: Tale As Old As Time - Disney Beauty And The Beast - Disney A Whole New World - Disney Let It Go - Disney When You Wish Upon A Star - Disney (Pinocchio) Remember Me - Disney/Pixar (Coco) Can You Feel The Love Tonight - Disney (Lion King) It’s A Small World - Disney (but not originally a film) Any Dream Will Do - Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat No Matter What - Whistle Down the Wind Anything Goes – Anything Goes For Good – Wicked Popular - Wicked I Know Him So Well — Chess Take That Look Off Your Face — Tell Me On A Sunday / Song And Dance I Feel Pretty – West Side Story If I Were A Rich Man – Fiddler On The Roof My Favorite Things – The Sound Of Music Climb Ev’ry Mountain – The Sound Of Music Master Of The House - Les Misérables One Day More – Les Misérables On My Own – Les Misérables Send in the Clowns – A Little Night Music Some Enchanted Evening – South Pacific Happy Talk – South Pacific Somewhere – West Side Story Holding Out For A Hero - Footloose Let’s Hear It For The Boy - Footloose Love Kills - Metropolis (Giorgio Moroder) Out Here On My Own - Fame All I Ask Of You - Phantom of the Opera You’re The One That I Want - Grease Tomorrow Belongs to Me - Cabaret
  12. Hmmmm .... I'm currently brainstorming the remaining chapters. I don't exactly see your thoughts in there (yet).... maybe I should reconsider and adapt my story line? 🤔
  13. The silence from the forest behind them was a void—exerting pressure. In it, the hidden mist—the vampires—waited. Ray had led them straight here. He could feel Renato’s stillness beside him, a low, murderous hum of contained fury directed not at Ray, but at the enemy. They couldn’t go back without a fight. All they could do was move forward, into the eerie, silent perfection of the village that didn’t know what was about to hit it. It seemed lifeless, the main street deserted. Cobblest
  14. Thanks a lot ❤️
  15. Thanks for the compliment, but with officially two stories in parallel and inofficially writing some other stuff like content for my soon to be relaunched „erotica“ Patreon and—brand new—a narrated stories YouTube channel, I‘m kind of busy. My day job and my boyfriend sometimes also require my attention and—shocking, I know—I even try to have a (minimalistic) social life. This story will continue for another 4 of 5 chapters (unless it gets longer), then I‘ll breathe a little easier. Of course, I hope I can then start on the next 3 Lightbringer stories and a second draft of Shadow‘s Reach (I might split it up into 2 or 3 novellas). BigPaws will hopefully be the first novel I properly publish.
  16. I'm trying my best to be realistic, I just hope I don't make too many mistakes. Medical knowledge, no cobblestones, just dirt streets, no street lamps... it's a lot to observe.
  17. Interesting fact: While the view numbers aren‘t all that high, there’s currently 38 readers following this story. That’s more than Shadow‘s Reach ever had 🤔 No complaints 🤗
  18. The late August heat clamped down on New Orleans, less like weather and more like a fever of the earth itself. It was a thick, wet, breathless heat that seeped through walls, warped timber, and made the very air feel heavy in the lungs. The frantic sounds of the city’s rebuilding—the rhythmic clang of hammers, the rasp of saws—seemed distant and unimportant, muted by the suffocating hush that had fallen over the Governor’s residence. Inside the sprawling house, spared by the fire but now be
  19. I have a large group of friends there. I used to go a few times a year, but haven't been back since before the pandemic. Now two guys celebrated their 50th birthdays together... perfect opportunity to reconnect. I might have needed a day or two to recover :D
  20. Please don't complain about me taking too long to write this. Two weekends ago I was in Berlin and last weekend I was in London... These things don't write themselves. But now I have a few weeks off from work, so I'll be able to finish this story quickly.
  21. All through the night, they had run and deep into the gloomy and overcast next day. The journey was relentless—a forward press, driven by the resonant hum in Ray’s marrow. He was beyond tired. His lanky wolf frame, usually clumsy, had settled into a rhythm born of pure, desperate will. He moved on instinct, the conscious part of his mind blessedly numb, ignoring the ever heavier weight of his massive paws. Beside him, Renato kept pace, a silent, dark wolf whose crimson eyes constantly scann
  22. Jack Poignet

    Chapter 1

    I‘m eagerly awaiting chapter 2
  23. Brother Mathias hasn't quite finished yet...
  24. I hope my plans for him will find your approval
  25. The humid heart of summer had clamped down on New Orleans, a smothering, breathless blanket that did little to slow the city’s relentless, sweat-soaked efforts to claw its way back from ruin. July melted into August, each day hotter than the last. On their expanded plot of land, Maison Noir’s brick walls now stood determinedly at waist-height, solid and promising beneath Etienne’s constant, driven oversight. Most evenings, Amélie walked the perimeter, letting the hush of twilight soften the
×
×
  • Create New...