Jump to content
    Amikawrite
  • Author
  • 1,024 Words
  • 1,809 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Contract of Love - 6. Chapter 5.5: Date

Extra about Xavier's dads.

Chapter 5.5

Nicholas’ POV

“I am waiting Ben,” I remind.

“What is all the hurry about?” Ben asks as he puts on his coat.

“We are going to that art show on ‘Human Nature’ you wanted to take a look at,” I state as we get into the elevator.

Ben turns and looks at me, the surprise is evident on his face. He opens his mouth a couple of times to say something but then closes it again apparently deciding not to.

“And it is a date, mind you,” I inform.

“Nicholas White is taking me out on a date? Sure you don’t have work to be attending to?” Ben questions with a raised eyebrow.

“Nicholas White feels the need to show his husband how special he is and so NW is taking you out on a date.”

“NW? Catching up on the whole teenage initial game at this age?” Ben laughs.

This is the laugh that sounds sweetest to me. This is the man that has kept me going for so many years. Ben is the reason that I can go through this stressful life every single day. After my divorce with Abigail, I was confused to say the least. We had ended up divorcing because she fell in love with my business partner. Yes it was a very unpleasant experience. I didn’t want her to take away our son with her and so I gave her whatever she wanted. I shifted to a small apartment with Xavier and went to work at MarshalSync, my father’s firm as a junior manager in the marketing department.

Just because it was my father’s company did not mean I had everything served to me in a silver platter. I had to work through the ranks till I finally took over the company. It took me 25 years to build my position in this company. Sometimes I thought I couldn’t do it anymore. Working full time trying to make my mark and having to look after Xavier was a lot of work combined. It was when I was promoted to the position of Senior Manager in the Sales Department that I was given a new recruit as my personal secretary. I was glad to finally have some help at work.

That is when I met the love of my life. Yes I am using that phrase even at 53 years of age because that is what he means to me even today. Benjamin Thompson, the new recruit hired to assist me so many years back has become my life for me. Today as the Company President I work in a testing environment which poses me with challenges like never before. If not for my lover and my secretary Ben, I am sure I wouldn’t have lasted a minute. Take the case of any day Ben is sick for instance. I have no shame to accept that without him present at home and in the office, I am nothing.

“Thank you for this,” Ben smiles as we walk into the art gallery.

“No. Thank you,” I reply.

“Me? For what?” Ben asks confused.

“For tolerating me for all these days,” I respond.

“You are being extra sweet today,” Ben says planting a kiss on my cheek.

“I love you Ben,” I say.

Wow! It has been a long time since I said that! I can’t remember the last time I said that to him. Has it really been that long?

“I love you too,” Ben mouths.

We walk to the area where they are handing out information pamphlets about the installations and artworks on display today. Ben looks really happy. It seems that I made a good decision by listening to Xavier. He insisted that I go on a date with Ben today. It got me thinking about whether I am making Ben feel loved or not.

We have been together for so long that going on a date just went out of my mind. We see each other every single day. Yet I love him just as much, in fact more than I did in the beginning. Ben has not only looked after me but has also taken care of Xavier since he was 5 years old. Now that I think about it Ben has done a LOT for me.

Xavier’s right, I don’t know how to treat Ben. I should cherish him every moment of my life. It is weird for me to be saying this but I am thinking about taking more time off work so that Ben and I can have more dates. Ben looks so happy; he is really enjoying this show.

***

“Wasn’t it just great? It has been a while since I enjoyed myself like this,” Ben states as we walk out of the gallery.

“Let us take a walk home,” I suggest.

“Do I get to hold your hand?” Ben teases.

“You sure do!” I reply.

“Where has this fun guy been hiding all this time?” Ben laughs.

“Behind a pile of work,” I answer honestly.

“You can come out and play with me sometimes. But shhh! Don’t tell my husband. He is really possessive you see,” Ben starts.

“I can see why. Why don’t you leave that boring guy and be with me?” I say trying not to laugh at this little make believe game we are playing.

“I would but I love him too much. So even boring him is better than anyone else,” Ben grins.

“We are the hottest couple in town, you know?” I smirk.

“That is something I already know Mr. White,” Ben chuckles.

“Now would you want to come in for coffee?” I propose.

“I sure would. And might I tell you I like my coffee strong,” Ben states.

“I will take care of that.”

“I can’t believe I just said that!”

“I know that you couldn’t help yourself. After all look at me, with all that you are dealing with it is hard to keep yourself in control.”

“Yes that is exactly what,” Ben rolls his eyes before pulling me in for a kiss as we walk into our apartment.

Please leave a review! :)
Copyright © 2015 Amikawrite; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 10
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..