Jump to content
    Amikawrite
  • Author
  • 2,494 Words
  • 2,253 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Contract of Love - 3. Chapter 3: A Contract That Binds

An employment contract can be a good tool in the world of love.

Chapter 3

Xavier’s POV

My mailbox pops up on the screen of my laptop. I am back home, alone with no sign of Louis. I just received a text from Matthew stating that he had mailed me the details about my new secretary. Another one, I can’t help but sigh. I open the PDF file attached with the mail intending to have a quick glimpse at the details of the next person I am possibly going to fire.

Is this a joke? I can’t believe how this is possible. I am already biting my nails while trying to process this. It feels like someone is playing with me. I scroll down the document paying attention to each detail as my hand runs frantically through my hair and then over my face.

I take a moment to calm myself before picking up my phone and dialing Matthew. I know this is probably wrong and maybe I am misusing my power but I need this to be done. It is surprisingly easy to convince Matthew to execute my demand. I know I won’t hear the end of it if my father gets to know but I am willing to deal with it. After all, a man needs his peace of mind.

Louis’ POV

I need to calm down. I have repeated this sentence to myself so many times during the drive to my office that I have lost count of how many times this makes it as I enter the parking lot. I’m feeling really out of place here in my mini sedan surrounded by all these luxury cars. If I work hard perhaps I will be able to afford one soon. I check to see if I still have my appointment letter with me. Yes I do.

I’m all nerves as I look at my reflection in the mirrored wall of the elevator. I am dressed in my dad’s favourite blue shirt and my own grey trousers with a purple tie and black blazer. I have my hair combed neatly and I think I am appropriately dressed. I see the words MarshalSync written in bold in silver lettering on the far end of the wall as I come out of the elevator. I walk over to the reception desk and take out my appointment letter from the file I am carrying. The lady at the reception desk has red hair pulled into a neat bun and she is really pretty.

“Hello. I am Louis Brown. I am a new recruit for the secretarial department,” I state.

“Hello Louis. Mr. Thompson is waiting for you. I will get someone to take you to him,” she smiles.

The receptionist calls someone on her phone and another young lady with curly brown hair soon arrives. I stand up greeting her before following her down the long corridor. I have never been inside a corporate office and I am finding it difficult to keep myself from looking around. I have to try and look in front as the lady behind me keeps glimpsing back to check on me. She stops in front of a door at the end of the corridor and waits for me. I hurry to her side, thoroughly embarrassed for having fallen back due to my sudden impulse to observe the décor.

She motions for me to open the door as she stepped aside. I take a deep breath before stepping into the room. As I walk in a man standing at the other end of the conference room looks up at me. He is dressed in what seems to be really expensive office wear and has a bunch of papers in his hand. There are some strands of grey in his otherwise chestnut colour hair, a shade or two darker than my own. He nods acknowledging my presence and gestures for me to take a seat.

“Good morning sir. I am Louis Brown. I am the new recruit for the secretarial department,” I introduce myself before walking to the other side of the room and taking the seat on the right side of the man.

“Good morning. I am Matthew Thompson. I am the Head of the Secretarial Department at MarshalSync Headquarters. We can get you started with work as soon as you sign your employment contract. I believe we had it mailed to you in advance,” Mr. Thompson says with a certain poise which makes me want to learn from him.

“Yes sir. Thank you for the clarifications on the different clauses. Where do I sign?” I ask.

“It is good to see that you are so eager to get to work. Here you go,” Mr. Thompson says pushing the bunch of papers in front of me and indicating the areas which require signatures.

I borrow his pen and start signing the relevant spaces. I have taken enough time to read through the contract again and again and the people at this company have been kind enough to answer all my queries about it. And plus it is such a huge contract that I am certain it will take me atleast half a day to read through it once again even though I am fully aware of its content by now. I sigh with relief as I put down my signature on the final page. I return the contract to Mr. Thompson and he shakes my hand.

“Welcome to the team. You will be working in the position of the secretary of the Chief Operating Officer of MarshalSync. Mr. White will guide you on the rest,” Mr. Thompson says standing up.

I follow suit and stand up, straightening my blazer. I follow him through the corridor once again and into the elevator. I had expected, in fact I was sure that I would start off my career as part of the junior team, working on arranging basic items, helping seniors and things like that. Who was going to tell me I would be assigned to work for the COO on the first day of my professional career? This isn’t like the part time jobs I had taken at various fast food joints during my college days. This is way more intimidating. What am I supposed to do? I feel like running away as I struggle to keep a calm face. Mr. Thompson waits for me to catch up and proceeds towards a big room with double doors.

“Good luck at work. Consult me if you need help,” Mr. Thompson says patting me on my back.

I am feeling many different forms of fear as I prepare myself to open the door. The simple act of opening a door seems to be a Herculean task for me today. I take a deep breath before walking into the room as I try to forget my fears. I make sure to shut the door behind me. My fear is preventing me from looking up at my boss. All of a sudden I feel like a little mouse in a world of lions. I need to say something. What is he going to think of me?

“Good morning sir. I am Louis Brown. I am the new recruit for the secretarial department,” I decide on reciting my well rehearsed lines.

“A divine morning indeed,” a voice utters.

I know this voice. This is the voice that has been on my mind since day before yesterday. This is the voice of the man whose words have been playing over and over again in my mind. It can’t be him! My eyes dart up to look for the source of this voice that has me shaking. It is him! I can’t look away from that man running his hand through his blond hair as his other hand pulls at his collar. His beard is trimmed neatly unlike the unshaved rowdy look I had seen him in. His eyes are fixed on me and I shift my gaze as his eyes meet mine. I can feel the blood rushing through my fingertips as I stand here glued to the floor under the gaze of my lover from two nights before.

Xavier’s POV

I can’t tear my eyes off of him. Louis looks so sweet and innocent. I want him to come and sit on my lap. I want to hug him tight. It has been hell for me trying to forget him although it has been just one day. Now that I have this opportunity I won’t want allow him to slip away again! This must be fate, a signal from the heavens that we belong together. Yes I know I sound like a young lad infatuated with his partner but that is what one night with Louis has done to me. It has turned me into a man who is acting on impulse and mixing business with pleasure.

When I noticed his face in that document carrying the details of my new secretary I could not believe my luck. I might look foolish for pining over the man who left me after one night but I can’t help it. I admit that I am quite smitten by this young man who is 6 years my junior. My mind is cluttered with images of him from our night together. Since I can’t forget him I have decided to ensure that he can’t leave. I know that’s it is wrong on my part to tamper with his employment contract. But at the end of the day I’m a businessman and my only concern is to get the work done. I have never behaved this way before but I have never felt this way before either.

Louis looks shocked. At least he remembers me. Well that does seem like a good start.

“I am Xavier White. Pleasure meeting you again,” I say stressing on the word ‘again’ as I take a step forward.

He is biting his bottom lip, those full lips which are surely begging for my affection. I step forward, closing the distance between us. He steps back abruptly with his hands raised in front of him. Doesn’t he get it? I can’t stay away any longer!

“Well aren’t you being a bit cold considering you could not get enough of me one night back,” I smirk.

I can see the shock of my words registering on his face. He contemplates for a moment before looking up at me.

“I apologize for my behaviour. I hope my personal indiscretion will not hinder our professional engagements,” he manages to say nervously.

I can feel the anger surging through my veins. I can’t tolerate the fact that he called our liaison his personal indiscretion. I run two fingers up and down the middle of my forehead as I lock the doors of my office.

“Why did you lock the door?” Louis almost shouts.

“Shhh… Everyone is busy working. We shouldn’t make noise and disturb them,” I whisper into his ear as I place my finger over his lips. Did he just tremble? “You can’t believe how… thrilled I was when I found out that you would be working as my personal secretary. Who would have thought that you would run into the very man that you ran away from?” I continue.

“No this cannot be happening. I can’t work for you. I will quit today itself,” Louis says shaking his head, refusing to look at me.

I grab his arms tightly forcing him to look at me.

“You are not going anywhere,” I say making sure to emphasize each word.

“Let go! You are hurting me. I am not going to work for you and you cannot stop me,” he says defiantly.

“Oh yes I can and I will,” I state letting go of his arm. “Check the contract you signed this morning. You have promised to work in this position for a period of 3 years,” I explain.

“But… the contract I was given stated a tentative period of six months working under a supervisor before being considered for a position of independent charge,” Louis argued.

“Yes that is true. But there is one thing you are forgetting. I am the king of this castle! I make all the rules. And don’t even think about breaking the contract. The compensation you will be liable to pay far exceeds the value of anything you might posses,” I warn.

“Are you trying to threaten me?” he asks.

“No of course not! I just believe in full disclosure,” I smirk.

I know that what I am doing is a little extreme but I also know that he’s the one for me. I can’t bear the thought of him disappearing from my side once again. I know that I’m being selfish but I need him to be by my side. And I am prepared to do whatever is necessary to ensure that.

Louis’ POV

Why is this happening to me? I was supposed to forget about him and move on in life. Seems like that isn’t a possibility anymore. But why would such a powerful person be interested in someone as ordinary as me? I just don’t get it. My own body is treacherous to add to my misery. My body has been waiting for him to touch me since the moment I lay eyes on him. This is difficult. I am so stupid! Why did I not re-read the document before signing it? How am I going to work in a corporate office if I cannot take care of my own self?

You can let go of the act. Everyone can see how happy you are to have met him again and being given this chance to stay with him for the next 3 years! No! It isn’t like that all. Boss or not, I have to say that Xavier looks so cool in his suit and tie. His confidence excites me seeing that he calls himself the ‘king of the castle’ and what not. Not again! No way! This is all false. I do not like anything about him. He is domineering, bossy and stupid. Yes that’s right. There is nothing likeable in this man in front of him.

The sound of his steps causes me to look up, momentarily abandoning my inner tussle. Uh oh! He keeps coming closer. What should I do? There is no place to go. I am already against the door. Is he going to kiss me? Are those lips going to come down on me, reminding me of the affection he splashed on me that night? I eye him suspiciously as he inches closer. I can’t move. His eyes have me spellbound. He is coming and I can’t stop him. Do I even want to stop him? I close my eyes waiting for the feeling of his lips over mine.

“Time to get to work,” he pats my cheek.

I open my eyes to see him unlocking the door and strolling back leisurely to his desk.

Please let me know what you think in your reviews! :)
Copyright © 2015 Amikawrite; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 11
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Ha! Xavier is a tricky guy. lol. I am wondering why his new worker feels such a need to put on a certain act. is it pressure from home? I have to laugh at how the head of the sec. pool must be having trouble keeping up with why Xav is trying to lock a secretary in and not fire him. This should b fun. look forward to more.

Link to comment

You know this story seems like something you could read in a YAOI manga

like "mae yori mo dare yori mo" or "One night with my boss"

when i read your story i instantly remember these two mangas ive read

(please check them out so you can understand me)

do i make any sense???

Well anyways, your story is going good so far so please keep up the good wark !! Cant wait for the next chapter!

Link to comment
On 02/17/2015 11:09 PM, peanutbutter said:
You know this story seems like something you could read in a YAOI manga

like "mae yori mo dare yori mo" or "One night with my boss"

when i read your story i instantly remember these two mangas ive read

(please check them out so you can understand me)

do i make any sense???

Well anyways, your story is going good so far so please keep up the good wark !! Cant wait for the next chapter!

Thank you for the manga suggestion. I absolutely loved the stories and adore the art! :D
Link to comment
On 02/16/2015 10:15 PM, Cannd said:
Ha! Xavier is a tricky guy. lol. I am wondering why his new worker feels such a need to put on a certain act. is it pressure from home? I have to laugh at how the head of the sec. pool must be having trouble keeping up with why Xav is trying to lock a secretary in and not fire him. This should b fun. look forward to more.
Mr. Thompson surely is confused about Xavier's decision but definitely relieved at the same time.
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..