Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

I didn't want to be his best man - 4. Chapter 4- Boyfriend

Boyfriend.

I remember the first time Cory say that word.

It was the summer. It was a perfect situation at the time. My dad had his night when he went out and when he was home he never really questioned me spending hours in my locked bedroom with my male best friend.

We were making out like crazy. Him digging into my bare back. Me grabbing on to his collar. A lot of rubbing.

He pulled away for air. His curls were dripping with sweat.

“So are we like boyfriends?” he asked.

“What?” I laughed.

I couldn’t believe it. He actually used the word “boyfriend”.

“Are we like boyfriends or something?” He got off of me and sat up, “I’m kind of confused about us.”

I sat up too, “Um…”

“Can guys even do that?” he asked. Like I would know.

“I don’t know” I shrugged.

“I need to know because…I like Tina. You know that girl in our math class?”

I laughed, “What?”

“I like her, and I want to ask her to be my girlfriend.”

“Oh.” I grasped.

He nodded, “Yea…but I just wanted make sure that…”

I sat up, “Oh yea, if you want to ask Tina out. Yea go for it.”

I pulled the hair out of face, “I didn’t think you were into her.”

“I didn’t think I was either.” He nodded, “but I now that we have gotten older and I…”

“It’s cool man” I nodded, “You should go for it.”

***

“So when are you going to do it?” Delia asked as we got our coffees.

“I think I’m going to do it all at once. Just ripped the band aid right off.”

Cory and Tina were on their honeymoon. Still. I haven’t talk to my best friend. I wasn’t looking forward to seeing him.

Delia smiled at me. “I’m glad you decide to do come out.”

I took a slip. “It’s a good thing I don’t I have a lot family. I don’t think would’ve been able to tell my dad.”

“You have Matt. Remember?” She pointed out, “He’s your brother. And he’s stuck by you all this time and he’ll struck by you now.”

I nodded. I somehow always seem to forget to count my brother Matt as family. It’s…it’s like we were in this between stage. We were more the friends, but weren’t family. Or at least not in my view.

I looked down at my coffee, “Yea, I guess.”

She put her on the table, “And I may have not known your dad but I think he would love you don’t matter what.”

I looked up at her. She was so beautiful. I kind of wished we could have ended up together.

“I’m scared.” I said.

“You never thought of yourself as a homosexual?” She smirked.

I laughed, “I guess I thought I was a Corysexaul.”

She rolled her eyes. But it was true.

***

I squeezed Delia’s hand as we sat in her living room. Cory and Tina were coming back form their honeymoon. My brother, Matt sat next to us on the couch with his girlfriend Rachel on the arm.

We waited for them.

“You okay?” She whispered.

I nodded.

Then the door opened.

“Hey” Cory and Tina cheered coming though the door.

Of course everybody hugs, and says “We missed you.”

I tried to say out of it, but Cory came at me with opens arms. I hugged him giving him two little pats on the back. Then I hugged Tina.

“Hey can we talk later?” she whispered in my ear.

“Yea sure.”

Then we sat down and talked about the honeymoon.

Delia pinched my thigh.

“Ow” I bit getting up.

“Josh has something he wants to tell you guys.”

Great.

“What’s up bro?” Matt asked.

I cleared my throat.

Delia was smiling at me. Matt seemed interested. And Cory and Tina had their eyebrows raised.

Fuck it.

I stood up front of everybody I knew and said it.

“I’m gay.”

Everybody's mouth dropped.

“I know it’s kind of a shock.”

Rachel raised her, “I’m not that surprised actually.”

Matt spoke up, “This totally cool with me. You’re my brother and I don’t care what you are.”

I nodded, “Thanks Matt.”

“Wait, wait, wait.” Cory hopped up, “No. No, this isn’t happening.”

Here it is.

Cory walks up to me yelling, “No. No. I don’t know where you’re head is. You’re supposed to marry a nice girl, I’m married to Tina. The four of us…”

“Cory stop.” I yelled, “That is your plan, not mine.”

“Josh, don’t you want a family?”

“Maybe my version of a family, is different form yours. Maybe there is a life beyond your white fence.”

“Josh I know what you really want.”

“You have no idea what I want.” I started shouting, “What I want? I want to sleep with a man, a man that cares about me, that puts me first, that…that doesn't hide me away like I’m some second rate slut.”

We were staring lasers into each others eyes.

I took a breath, “I want a man, that wants me. I know what to call that but that’s what I want.”

“I’d call that a boyfriend.” Delia said.

I turned back to Cory, “Yea, I want to a boyfriend.”

Copyright © 2015 Another Gay Writer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

First, I would recommend you get an editor. I find it a bit hard to read in certain spots and there are several simple spelling errors and stuff. I'm not trying to be mean at all. The best writers have editors and beta readers and sometimes more than one of each.

 

I find Josh to be a frustrating character. he's trying to put this all on Cory, but it seems that Cory tried to discuss things when he didn't. Then he's angry that Cory isn't considering his feelings. Well, he can't consider what was never said. He isn't a mind reader. I'm not saying Cory is blameless. There isn't enough of their time together in the story to judge that. I do see that Cory seems to have the issue of wanting the hetero lifestyle. But, Josh implied he did too the day Cory asked about them and he said, 'sure go ask her out.' He gave his blessing so can he be angry that Cory went with it and he ended up with the girl?

 

I'm also a bit confused that he came in, interupted the wedding and acted like an ass and stormed out and then they come home and nothing is said by the couple about it? Tina should have addressed it in front of everyone or better asked her husband to address it. cory comes in like the event didn't happen. It was strange. Josh should have possibly apologized for his behavior. Tina is too nice if she was only going to say something behind closed doors. I hope she asked her husband about what happened and why.

 

Josh likes to do things publicly that affect Cory, like saying what he did about what he wants which would have probably made the most clueless person ask questions. Cory's reaction was over the top which would cause the same. Yet they couldn't discuss it when it was just them? What a pair.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..