Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

I didn't want to be his best man - 1. Chapter 1

I didn't want to be his best man. I wanted to be his man.

I didn't want to be his best friend. I wanted to be his boyfriend.

"Choose Drew, he's your brother, he should your best man." I told Cory sweetly sitting on his bed in our old pad, my smile masking the real reason. I pushed back my short straight brown hair and rubbing my goatee.

Best mans, bride maids dresses, cakes, halls, it was starting to sink in. Until now I always thought Cory and Tina were a just playing house. I hoped that she would leave.

"Your okay with that?" Cory asked.

He was never the smooth male model type, but he was good looking. At least to me. Bright blue eyes. Tiny brown curls. Great swimmer's like built, especially compared to my skinny body.

"Yea." I shirked. I couldn't be his best man. I couldn't stand there and watch the man who I loved become someone else's husband.

Cory put his arms around me. Damn I love his warm arms.

"You're the best person in world. I don't know what I would do without you." Cory squeezed me tighter. Damn he's strong.

"You're getting married…" I nuzzled my face in his neck.

"Yea, I know." He cheered still holding me.

"Don't we need to talk? About us?" I whimpered.

Cory said nothing just squeezed me tighter.

"Cory did you just hear me?"

"Please be my best man?" He said, "Josh, you're my best friend, please be my best man?" He nuzzled his face in my chest. Then he chuckled "We both know if Drew's the best man, he'll set something on fire."

Cory's hand moved down my back. He kissed my neck.

"Okay Cory, I'll do it."

That's Cory, always able to distract me. Always able to get me to forget all the serious issues.

We raised our heads to each other.

"Cory…" I started but Cory pressed his lips mine and slipped his tongue in my mouth. Damn it, I loved kissing him. We could talk later.

***

My eyes slightly opened to see 9:32 am in bright red letters. Cory was next do me doing the quiet snore I've grown to know. I grabbed my bed sheet and sank face into my pillow. I should be happy, lying here with the man I love holding me tight.

But of course I'm too jaded, too hard to please, I couldn't be ever happy. I was the twisted artisic poet that runs and chases. I looked back at Cory, at the peaceful look on his face. If we could stay like this forever, maybe I could be happy. But this couldn't be forever.

We hadn't had that talk I wanted. Cory spent the last week running around with Tina with wedding plans. The only time he spent with me was either bossing me around or fucking me. I usually wouldn't mind the second thing, hell usually I would have loved it. But I knew Cory was just using sex to get to shut me up. I turned to face Cory, he looked so happy and peaceful sleeping. My heart sank, thinking if this was going to be last time I would see him in the morning.

"Cor, why are you doing this do me?" I whispered.

"What?" he said still half sleep.

"Why are you marrying Tina?"

Cory took a deep breath, "Because that's how its suppose to be."

"Do you love her?"

"I love her, of course."

"Do you love me more?"

He was silent. Then he sat up, "We should be get going. We have a big day."

Either of us could ignore the elephant in the room.

Today was Cory's wedding day

Copyright © 2015 Another Gay Writer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 10
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Ouch.... double ouch! Such a low blow. Poor Josh. I hope Cory knows what he's doing. Can't wait for the next chapter.

Link to comment

Life is sometimes complicated by those things we call feelings colliding with perceived realities and social structures.

 

I'm wondering where this will go next.

Link to comment

AGW! Another great story!!

 

Poor Josh, it must be so hard to watch the person you're in love with marry someone else. And a girl no less, only b/c "...it's what's supposed to happen." (I'm paraphrasing) I guess we'll see how happy Cory is going to be married to Tina.

 

I'm looking forward to chapter two. :)

 

And you never did tell me where you found that awesome avatar! :P

Link to comment
On 08/07/2014 03:48 AM, Lisa said:
AGW! Another great story!!

 

Poor Josh, it must be so hard to watch the person you're in love with marry someone else. And a girl no less, only b/c "...it's what's supposed to happen." (I'm paraphrasing) I guess we'll see how happy Cory is going to be married to Tina.

 

I'm looking forward to chapter two. :)

 

And you never did tell me where you found that awesome avatar! :P

Thank you for reading! The next chapter is awaiting approval!

And as for the pic, I just searched rainbows and found it.

Link to comment
On 08/07/2014 03:23 AM, Daddydavek said:
Life is sometimes complicated by those things we call feelings colliding with perceived realities and social structures.

 

I'm wondering where this will go next.

Thank you for reading! The next chapter is awaiting approval!
Link to comment
On 08/07/2014 02:02 AM, Smoothy said:
Ouch.... double ouch! Such a low blow. Poor Josh. I hope Cory knows what he's doing. Can't wait for the next chapter.
Thank you for reading! The next chapter is awaiting approval!
Link to comment

Wow. low blow. and of course we poor gay romantics will read your painful story hoping that the boys end up together. love it! tx for writing!!

Link to comment
On 08/07/2014 03:03 PM, Ben Highlander said:
Wow. low blow. and of course we poor gay romantics will read your painful story hoping that the boys end up together. love it! tx for writing!!
Thank you for reading! I won't spoil it for you, but I think we should all keep in mind it sometimes the first boy isn't always the right boy.
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..