Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

I didn't want to be his best man - 2. Chapter 2- Supposed to be

"I hate him." I screamed stomping into Tina's living room where the girls stood around Tina as they did her hair.

I hated all this wedding shit.

"I hate him. He's nothing but an annoying, whining, little, white boy."

My dear friend and Tina's roommate, Delia wrapped an arm around my waist, "What's wrong honey?"

"Cory is what's wrong." I yelled walking into another room where Tina wasn't, "I don't know what I ever saw in him."

I sat down on Delia's bed. It was white with a gold design. She was drop dread glamours. She, like Tina and Cory, was Jewish but I called her a wild child Jewish princess. Big brown eyes and black curly hair with green and blue headlights. She wore native America style necklaces, and gold hoop earrings. Tina was the more plain and conservative one, like Cory.

She sat down next to me and put her hand on my knee.

"You think he would realize how hard this is for me." I threw my head up.

"Josh…" Delia said, "I'm sorry but this wedding is really happened."

"Don't I know it." I smirked.

"Josh you are a hot, smart, sweet guy. If you just let the word out, there would be hundred boys in line begging for you."

Oh yea, she knew everything.

I shook my head at her suggestion, "But I love Cory."

She gently grabbed my hand, "I know, and I also know that Cory cares about you too. A lot. But…look at what he's putting you though. I'm sorry to say this but if that man loves you as much as you say, he wouldn't be marrying Tina."

My voice of reason. She was so right yet so wrong.

I shook my head again, "You don't understand."

She nodded, "I just think you deserve someone who will treat you better. Just…at least consider it."

***

I laid on my bed looking up at the beer in above me.

It was only one beer, so calm down.

Cory's wedding was in half an hour. But I didn't want to go. I was mad at him. I was fighting with him.

"This is the last day we'll ever be Josh and Cory, Cory and Josh." I whispered to myself.

"But maybe." my head danced around, "He'll change his mind. But maybe if I put my foot down. But maybe if I call him out."

Then I thought, "But if I don't go I'm sure I'll regret it. Plus Cory will hate me."

I put the half emptied beer on my nightstand and got up to put on my suit.

***

When I got there Cory and Tina were already at the altar. Just like they've been for years. They looked like the perfect all american middle class couple.

I took a deep breath and walked to him, "Here, you're going to need these rings."

He smiled at me, "You came."

I faked a smile, "I couldn't miss this."

I nodded, "We'll talk about it after the honeymoon."

Then he had to pick at the scar, "Wait what you mean?"

I rolled my eyes, "You being an asshole."

"Are you trying to ruin my wedding day?" He smirked.

Asshole!

I got two inches from his face, "If I wanted to "ruin" your wedding day I would do this." I grabbed him by his suit. My initial thought was to kiss him. Exposed him in front of Tina and everybody. God that would have shown him. But…I couldn't. I just didn't have guts do to it. Instead I shoved him.

"Have a good life jerk." I yelled walking away.

Then I heard him screamed out, "You too white trash."

My body paused as his words chilled me.

Cory was supposed to be the one person in the world that would never call me that. Cory was supposed to be the one person in the world that thought I was good enough. Cory was supposed to be the one person in the world that loved me for me.

That was the moment I realized that despite everything that he tried to tell himself, Cory Martin was not what he was supposed to be.

Copyright © 2015 Another Gay Writer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Cory obviously knew the one thing to say that would hurt Josh the most. I know what I would like to see happen but I'll keep that to myself because you should write this the way you want it to go. I look forward to reading Josh's journey!

Link to comment
On 08/08/2014 02:24 PM, huktaunluv said:
Cory obviously knew the one thing to say that would hurt Josh the most. I know what I would like to see happen but I'll keep that to myself because you should write this the way you want it to go. I look forward to reading Josh's journey!
Thank you for your review! I would be curious as to what you would like to see.
Link to comment

Ouch! Did Cory have to be so nasty? And this wasn't going on in front of Tina, was it? Maybe I'm not remembering...I thought when Josh got to the temple (or is Cory not Jewish - though they could still be at a temple), Cory AND Tina were waiting by the altar. Tina's not aware of their relationship, right?

 

Ok, on to chapter three.

Link to comment
On 08/14/2014 01:08 AM, Lisa said:
Ouch! Did Cory have to be so nasty? And this wasn't going on in front of Tina, was it? Maybe I'm not remembering...I thought when Josh got to the temple (or is Cory not Jewish - though they could still be at a temple), Cory AND Tina were waiting by the altar. Tina's not aware of their relationship, right?

 

Ok, on to chapter three.

Yes they were both at a temple about to say their vows when Josh walked in. Now what Tina knows is a very good question and so far she hasn't really been a part of the story. I don't want to spoil anything for you, but you'll see a little more of her.
Link to comment

I think you should have explained why calling him 'white trash' was such a big issue. It seemed like it was more than just an insult. It sounded like there was a story there and that it was a real sore spot.

 

I think that Josh had nerve doing that at the wedding. he should have gotten the balls to address it before then. Whether or not Cory was trying to divert the conversation every time wasn't the problem. He had to say to Cory 'no we are discussing this now.' Not fall into bed for more sex and then go to the wedding and blow Cory and Tina's wedding out of the water. Is that love?

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..