Jump to content
    Avangelion
  • Author
  • 541 Words
  • 526 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Plot Collection - 3. I have a dream

This i actually an English assignment we had at school, but it turned out pretty good, so I thought I'd share it.

“I think I can fly.”

I want to fly. I believe I can fly. I have a dream, a goal. Flying is the one thing I wish to achieve in my life.

I was told young that flying wasn’t possible for humans. My mom told me this more than once, Dad too. However, my brother, Spark, believed in me and my strength. So I kept on dreaming.

Sitting here on the pier, watching the boats float by, I wonder about my life. Maybe I’m a floater, not a flyer. Maybe I was actually meant to drift by, like the dinghy, the bow cutting through the water. A lone wooden pot in an endless lake of nothingness. Left tied, until a merciful soul would release me and use me for which purpose I was created.

I stand up, throw a glance towards the old man in the little boat with the fishing pole. No, that is definitely not the life for me. I turn around and leave, nothing will come off of giving in to melancholy. Dejection will get one nowhere.

 

“You look sad?” Fate sit down across from me; we’d agreed to eat lunch together yesterday. Fate and I are fairly good friends even though she sometimes throws stuff at me, for which I am not prepared. I start to answer, but as usual I realize too late she brought Karma. I curse inwardly, but my dismay must show on my face, because Karma give me an evil smirk. With Fate around we’re usually pretty cool, but I avoid being alone with her, when only the two of us she’s a total bitch.

“I am starting to doubt myself,” I say.

“Hay lads”. Will pop up from out of nowhere. “What’s up?”

“Aim is having doubts,” Fate answers.

“He’s being a total wimp, that’s what,” Karma comment.

“You can do it, Mate. Cheer up.” That’s Will to you, supportive as always.

 

I visit Mom and Dad to tell them that I’m going through with my dream, in hope they will cheer for me.

I stop beside the bush of yellow roses and look down at the grey, slanting stone. From this angle I easily read the inscription:

Here lies Depression & Failure (14.09.1995)

Despite all hardships, still beloved mother and father.

May they both rest in peace.

Mom, Dad… I hope you can support my decision from your place in heaven. And if not; I can only hope that you will forgive me for doing so anyway.” I crouch down, place two fingers on my lips before pressing them against the cold gravestone.

 

Standing atop the cliff looking over the world, I feel the threads of fear creeping in on me. Will I actually fly in the end? I step to the edge and look down; the clouds have pooled around the ledge like at foggy blanket. Maybe I will just bounce off on it if I fail.

“Aim, you can do it, I believe in you.” It feels like Spark is standing right beside me.

It is my dream to fly. Like an eagle. I believe I can fly, I want to fly.

“I know I can fly.”

And then I jump.

hope you liked it.
Please leave a review before leaving :)
Copyright © 2017 Avangelion; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I loved it :)

 

I don't why i didn't get the notification for this chapter being posted (I probably missed it :rolleyes: ) but i was glad to find it today.

 

I hope you got a great grade on the assignment. i loved how you gave them all so much personality even with just the few words you used.

 

I'll look forward to what you come up with next.

 

:hug:

Link to comment
On 01/16/2017 01:44 AM, Caz Pedroso said:

I loved it :)

 

I don't why i didn't get the notification for this chapter being posted (I probably missed it :rolleyes: ) but i was glad to find it today.

 

I hope you got a great grade on the assignment. i loved how you gave them all so much personality even with just the few words you used.

 

I'll look forward to what you come up with next.

 

:hug:

Aw, thank you... Well I did get a good grade... I always does - but even better now, thanks to you:)

I've learn so much since you started helping me, and I am ever grateful for that:)

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..