Jump to content
    Billy Martin
  • Author
  • 163 Words
  • 1,541 Views
  • 14 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Love Poems - 1. My Angel My Devil

My Angel My Devil

The clock ticks towards one o'clock.
I sit and wait silently for the one I love.

He said he'd be having dinner down the block,
But no where to be found on earth or heaven above.

When I look into his eyes, I see a sad angelic face.
I ponder why this beautiful boy looks so sad.
I wrestle with this thought as back and forth I pace.
I resolve within my heart that his love for me is no fad.

But still the time moves on and does not stand still.
He hasn't returned to me and my longing ways.
His words were flowing with love this morning to his Will.
But his absence now makes it all appear to fly away.

Belief runs strong within me for this guy.
So why does unbelief creep in from without?
Is love so strong that it makes me want to fly,
yet so weak that it makes me want to doubt?

Copyright © 2011 Billy Martin; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 12
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I know these emotions well. Sometimes you seem so sure. Other times you feel insecure. I hope it works out for you. Good poem! :hug:

Link to comment
On 10/13/2011 09:47 AM, Tiger said:
I know these emotions well. Sometimes you seem so sure. Other times you feel insecure. I hope it works out for you. Good poem! :hug:
I think its emotions we all feel or felt at one time. There are times when little things will cause us to doubt the strength of our feelings or make us feel like we are on top of the world. Thank you for taking the time to read and comment.
Link to comment

Yeah your reply to Tiger is very true, its up and down and side to side and even inside out sometimes :) nice poem :hug:

Link to comment
On 10/13/2011 10:36 AM, Mark92 said:
Yeah your reply to Tiger is very true, its up and down and side to side and even inside out sometimes :) nice poem :hug:
Thank you Mark for reading and commenting. It means a lot to have others to like my work. Especially when it comes from a nice guy as well. Life is full of ups and downs, in and out of relationships. But, without experiencing the valleys, we wouldn't know how special the mountain top really is.
Link to comment

I'd say you captured the essence of what happens to everyone who ever loved someone. Love might be simple, but it's never easy. Nice first entry, Poet man. :)

Link to comment
On 10/13/2011 11:58 AM, Andrew_Q_Gordon said:
I'd say you captured the essence of what happens to everyone who ever loved someone. Love might be simple, but it's never easy. Nice first entry, Poet man. :)
Thank you for your kind words. And you're right of course, love is simple and trying. But then, any relationship worth having is worth hard work to make it last. This actually my second offering and thank you for reading and commenting. It means a lot to have talented people like yourself to make positive comments.
Link to comment
On 10/13/2011 05:40 PM, Nephylim said:
Very nice. It captures the feeling of insecurity very well
Thank you. Coming from good writers like yourself, comments like that almost makes me believe I'm not a fraud by having the title poet here. Thanks for taking the time to read and comment :)
Link to comment
On 10/14/2011 10:02 AM, Ambrosius said:
I love this, it portrays the exact emotions I felt not too long ago!
Thank you for reading and commenting. That means a lot to me. I think we all have these feelings at some point. And hopefully we can learn and grow from them. I'm really glad you liked it! :)
Link to comment

Like everybody else before me said, it's good. You put those emotions and thoughts on ink. But I'm more intrigued by what was left unsaid...

Link to comment
On 10/14/2011 12:26 PM, Michael9344 said:
Like everybody else before me said, it's good. You put those emotions and thoughts on ink. But I'm more intrigued by what was left unsaid...
HAHA I can't say. Some things are best left unsaid except between the two involved. And thankfully, we have come a long ways since that night :) Thank you for taking the time to read and comment. It means a lot! :)
Link to comment

I agree with everyone else - very good poem. You have a gift for capturing emotions and conveying them with your words. Feelings of insecurity have to be universal, and yet you still manage to convey those feelings in a personal, unique way. Good job!

Link to comment
On 10/21/2011 01:22 PM, Greg_A said:
I agree with everyone else - very good poem. You have a gift for capturing emotions and conveying them with your words. Feelings of insecurity have to be universal, and yet you still manage to convey those feelings in a personal, unique way. Good job!
Thank you Greg for reading my poem and your kind words. They mean a great deal to me.
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..