Jump to content
    CarlHoliday
  • Author
  • 7,971 Words
  • 1,111 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The G. M. Os. - 21. Chapter 21 - Human Services

Chapter 21
Ship Clock 262349
Human Services

 

As requested, the remaining family members of the five residences stood in the parking area softly conversing among themselves uncertain what was to occur. After about a half an hour a small speeder landed in the parking area and two unidentifiable bots flew out and landed on one side.

“If I could have everyone’s attention, could everyone be on this side, it will make this presentation go easier,” one of the bots called out.

Knowing how bots were about following orders, no matter how innocent they sounded, the families on the opposite side moved over to be with the others. When everyone was settled the presentation began.

“I am Human Services bot 743, the other is 823, we are here to conduct preliminary interviews with all families concerning the recent incarceration of Abner 34-793k and Li 32-413f,” the bot said. “We are looking for personal reactions to the crimes and the level of initial hatred toward those two individuals. We will return for more interviews throughout their terms of sentences. Hercules III Department of Corrections will use this information to determine whether those individuals may be granted early release from prison. Of course, both will be on extended periods of supervised probation. We realize initial reactions may have created heated emotional impacts and that is the data we are seeking today. Human Services will use subsequent interviews to gauge tempering of individual feelings. We realize what happened was devastating for all involved, especially the families directly impacted, and forgiveness will be difficult, but hopefully these interviews do not create additional emotional burdens. We will start with the families directly involved.

“Is Megan 88-732t in attendance?”

“Yes?”

“Which family will you be with?”

“I’m with Willy and her family?”

“Willy? Yes, we have that name in our databases. Are you assisting the family in their time of need?”

“Oh, yes.”

“Good.”

“Okay, I will conduct my interviews with the family of Willamina 91-561b. 823 will start with the family of Eugenis 54-721c. We will follow with the other two families later. Now, if the humans will please return to their homes, we will allow a short period for all to ready themselves for the interviews. Thank you for your attention to this matter.”

********

Megan, Willy, and the children waited impatiently for the bot to come to interview them. Their nervousness was apparent, but, for reasons unknown to them, they didn’t talk. When there was a knock at the door, Willy went to open it. The bot waited to be invited inside.

“Come in,” Willy said.

“Thank you,” the bot said. She walked into the residence and stood at the entrance to the living room. “If I may, I will interview the children in their rooms to allow them to be candid in their answers. After I finish with them, I will take care of the adults. Is that satisfactory?”

“Yes, you may interview my children however you wish,” Willy said.

“I am not a security bot. I originate in a different hierarchy. We deal with humans on a daily basis. We understand the illogical nature of human emotions and that is why we are conducting these interviews. I will interview Leonus 55-331a first. Child, please show me to your room.”

“Okay,” Leon said as he walked into the living room. He walked past the bot and stopped at the entrance of the hall. “It’s this way.”

He turned toward his room without waiting for the bot, though the bot was following close behind. He went in and sat on his bed. He looked up and watched the bot come inside then shut the door.

“This will make the interview more private,” the bot said. “We want candid answers not influenced by parental influence.”

“What do you mean?”

“We do not want you to give an answer in a way that you believe your mother would want. It is very important for us to gauge your experience in this matter. Now, first, what was your reaction when you found out your mother had sex with your next door neighbor?”

“I couldn’t believe it. I thought Dec was joking or something, but he said he was sure because of the sounds coming from the bedroom window. Since I knew Momma Willy was down at daycare for the whole day, I knew it had to be Momma Lee who had sex with Uncle Abe. I talked to Momma Willy and she said she would talk to Momma Lee. I heard Momma Willy start screaming at Momma Lee and knew it was true. I hated her. I still hate her for what she did. I hate both of them. I hate all of them over there at Uncle Abe’s house. We boys here don’t play with Don because he’s a dummy. We’re not supposed to say that, but he is and he’s little, too.”

“Back to your reaction to Momma Lee, did you see her at supper?”

“No, I didn’t see her until later when I had to use the toilet and she was in the bathroom. I would’ve gone in and peed, but I waited until she was finished and left before going in and doing what I needed to do. I didn’t want to be around her. I hate her. She is not my mother anymore. I want her never to come back. I will never forgive her for what she did to me.”

Leon began to weep then lay down on his bed and turned his face away from the bot. The weeping quickly turned to bawling, but he looked up and saw that the bot hadn’t left the room.

“Go away, I don’t want to talk no more about that woman,” Leon cried.

The bot turned, opened the door, went out, and shut the door. It walked down the hall and to the living room. Leoni was standing at the doorway and glared at the bot.

“What did you do to Leon, did you hit him?” she asked.

“No, hitting a child is not permitted by both bots and humans; your brother was overcome with emotion,” the bot said. “I will talk to you now. Take me to your bedroom.”

“You better not hit me; you’ll get in trouble if you do. It’s this way.” She walked away, not waiting for the bot. This wasn’t going as well as she might have liked. It was scary having a bot in the home. She went in and sat on her bed. The bot followed behind, shut the door, and stood about a meter from the bed.

“Are you Leoni 55-331b?”

“Yes.”

“When did you find out that your mother Lee had sex with your neighbor Abe?”

“When Leon told me.”

“What was your immediate reaction?”

“I couldn’t believe it, but when I heard Momma Willy yelling in their bedroom, I knew it was true. I hated her for what she did. How could she do that? She is married to Momma Willy. They’re supposed to love each other, not make love with someone else. Besides, she’s a lesbian; she’s not supposed to be having sex with a gay man. What was Uncle Abe thinking that someone wouldn’t find out he was fucking my mother and she enjoyed it, too. That’s what Dec told Leon it sounded like. Leon said she kept saying, “Oh, Abe, fuck me deeper.” What is that kind of talk? She’s a woman, not a gay man. I didn’t even know that was how gay men had sex, but that was what Petra said the next day at school because she said that her Momma Dorcas said that was how Uncle Abe fucked Uncle Gene. Why did she do that to me? I never want to see her again. She’s no longer my mother. Is this what you wanted to hear? Huh? Is it? I hate her, okay? Go away, I am done with this, you’ve made me feel bad.”

The bot left the child to her grief. It walked back to the living room where Willy and Megan waited for it.

“I will interview Willamina 91-561b next. Do you wish to go to your bedroom or have it conducted in here?”

“Here is okay with me,” Willy said.

“Leon stated he came to you first about the allegation. What was your immediate response to that questioning?”

“I couldn’t believe it, even when he said what Dec told him he had heard. I’ve never heard my son use the word fuck. I was very angry he had said that, but when he said that Dec had gone to get Ben to listen to the sound, too, well, what could I do except confront Lee.”

“How did that go? Both children said they heard yelling, which to them confirmed what that other boy had said. Were you yelling at the woman you love?”

“Yes, and I slapped her face a number of times. I don’t really know how many times I hit her. I was devastated when she said the allegation was true. She admitted that she had cheated on me. I’ve been angry at people at lot in my life because they couldn’t accept my mutation, but at that moment I hated Lee more. I seethed with anger. I never wanted to see her again, but what was I to do. I’m a mutant. I can’t leave and to tell you the truth, I didn’t know what I would do without Lee. I’m a lesbian and a mutant. I encountered a girl who grew to love me as I loved her. We’ve been together since we were eleven.”

“How did you feel when the story started going around the commune?”

“I don’t really know how to explain it. I suppose I expected the children to talk to each other and then that would spread to the parents who would talk to other adults. Then when Freddy came over and told me that the bots had arrested Abe, well, I fully expected them to arrest Lee. The next day I came home from work and Lee wasn’t there. I took the speeder back down to the office and talked to Freddy before she left to go home. She confirmed my suspicions and to tell the truth I didn’t know what to feel. I was alone. I had two children to care for, a farm to take care of, and a next door neighbor who was going to be worse off than me. I want you to know right now I have forgiven Lee for what she did. She admitted her guilt and that was good enough for me. Abe, well, I will probably never forgive him. He could’ve said no, but he didn’t. Our farms are right next to each other and we grow similar crops that have the same care. We help each other and I’ll accept his help when he comes back, but that doesn’t mean I have to forgive him.”

“Okay, thank you, for being so frank in this matter. Megan, when did you become aware of the problem?”

“Oh, I’m basically the operator of the daycare and early childhood education program here at the commune, so when I started hearing the kids whispering I pulled a girl aside and asked what was going on. She said that a girl had heard from a boy who had heard from another boy who had heard Dec say something about Lee and Abe having sex. Of course, that wasn’t the word the children were using, but I asked Willy what was going on and she told me. I couldn’t believe either of them could’ve done something like that, but as the author of many works of fiction, I’ve dealt with adultery a few times in my stories. So, I knew it could happen.

“I think the only thing that I thought of was what was going to happen to Abe’s family while he was gone. His children are just out of the rearing center and his husband has his own mental problems. We’re kind of tight up here so I knew I was going to be needed here in our little community more than usual. At the time, Abe’s children and husband were at the med center in Central City and would be coming back at different times. Each was going to be confronted with other children who were going to make fun of them for what their father had done. That was going to make my job down at the daycare much more important. I will be glad when Abe comes back because his family needs at least his presence whether they forgive him or not. He just needs to be here not in prison. Is that about what you want?”

“Yes, that is fine. Then you do not hate either of them, is that correct?”

“No, I’m just disappointed at what they did to the whole commune and to this little community. I have no forgiveness to give them. I just want them back here so they can contribute to the success of the commune and their own farms.”

“Thank you both for your candid comments. I will leave now.”

********

At the same time next door, Don was sitting on his bed while a bot stood about three meters away.

“When did you first find out about what happened?” The bot asked.

“When I came home from the med center after seeing a psychiatristh and a speech therapisth. I was in here with Abe, that’s whath he wants us kids to call him because Gene doesn’t like the words father or dadi because of what his father did to him when he was a child. Abe told me thath when I was going tho be ath daycare all the kids were going to make fun of me because of whath he did. I ask him what thath was and he said he had sex with Lee. I ask him if he fucked her and he said he did. I asked him if he raped her and he said no. Then I goth mad ath him and I told him tho go away from me because I hathed him. Then he was gone and Auntie Willy came up and took me down to daycare. I stayed with Auntie Megan until Dona came home and she stayed home ’cause she was still sick from whath the machos did tho her. We had a babysither from the dormi-t-t-ories until Gene came home from the med centher. Auntie Megan told Gene what had happened. He was mad, buth he calmed down ’cause he had us kids tho take care of. I miss Abe and want him tho come home. Do you know when that will be?”

“No, sorry, I do not.”

“Oh, okay, but I want you to tell those people who have him we need him here not in that place. Could you do thath?”

“I will see what I can do. Your speech seems to be getting better.”

“Whath do you know about thath?”

“You would be surprised what bots know about humans. When do you go back to the med center to see your psychiatrist?”

“Nexth week.”

“Are you doing okay otherwise?”

“Otherwise than whath?”

“Other than why you are going to see the psychiatrist?”

“Oh, thath, no, the kids sthill make fun of me ’cause of whath Abe did. The good thing abouth having Gene home is he leths me and Dona sleep with him like Abe did. Gene is a good father. I wish Abe was here to be with Gene ’cause he misses him. Do you need anything else?”

“No, thank you for your honesty in this matter.”

“Whath else could I do, you’re a both?”

“Human Services bots are not like security bots.”

“Abe says all bots are just like all bots.”

“Well, he’s wrong.”

“Whathever, goodbye, thank you for lis-t-tening tho me.”

“Goodbye, Don.”

The bot left and Don lay down on the bed and stared at the nano bot in the ceiling wondering if it had gotten all of his words transmitted to Bot Security. Maybe they could do something about Abe being gone so long.

“Hey, Both Securi-t-thy, can you geth my Dadi Abe back here? I need him.”

The bot went out into the entryway and saw Dona waiting. It stopped and Dona walked by it. She stopped at the hall and asked, “Are you coming with me?”

“Yes, child, I am coming.”

Dona went into her room and sat on in the chair beside her newly installed module. She watched the bot come in and close the door. It stopped as if expecting Dona to be sitting on her bed. It looked at the child and took one step forward.

“I suppose you want to know how I felt when I found out what Abe had done with Auntie Lee,” Dona said.

“Yes, that would be the first question,” the bot said.

“Well, I was disappointed. I was just getting to know Abe. You know I’m still not used to having to call him by his name, but that’s how Gene wants it to be in this family so I have to go along with it. Right now, I want him to come back. His mind was destroyed by all those years he spent with the bots in that chemical factory, so I wasn’t too surprised at what happened. Lee is a rather alluring person who I’m sure tricked Abe into having sex with her at least just once in their lives. I guess she wanted to know how a real erection would feel going into her anus and up into her rectum, or further considering the length of Abe’s penis. I don’t know how long erect penises are in relation to their normal size, but I suppose Lee wanted to find out. I’m sure she enjoyed having intercourse with Abe and I’m sure he enjoyed it, too. I have no capacity to forgive him. I don’t think I have that emotion in my psychological makeup. So, I want him home because he’s needed here for Gene and Don. Don really misses him a lot. I’m not certain how Gene feels, but I think he misses Abe, too. They’ve been close for a long time and I’m certain they’ll be close for many years to come. So, I don’t know what you can do to get him back here, but I wish you did. Of all the places on Hercules III, Abe is needed at home. Is there anything else you need?”

“You are a very abrupt little girl.”

“I have an IQ over one hundred forty. By all normal standards, I’m considered to be a genius. I’ve spoken with Gene’s sister Eugeni who is also a genius and she says the bots will want me to get into some field where my intelligence will be of most use to Hercules III. I’m sorry if I sound the way I do, but I don’t know how to be a quiet little girl who likes to play with dolls. I’m currently reading a series of technical publications on birthing process’s unexpected mutations like Auntie Willy and Auntie Lee received. I think the bots will want me to direct my education in that area. Having spoken to Eugeni, who works in the bot dark matter lab, I will probably find that field to be enough of a challenge that I will be able to pursue believably possible goals.”

“I see, well, I wish you luck in life; however you find use to Hercules III. You and your aunt are rare on this ship and we appreciate all that you can do. Thank you for being so candid. Your statements have been recorded. Goodbye, Dona.”

“Goodbye.”

The bot left and Dona turned to her module and began typing:

DONALDA 00-893N; ECOM 99X-6445C-4

BOT HQ RING 5; BHQR5-00A-0000A-1

GREETINGS . . .

I DO NOT KNOW IF THIS IS APPROPRIATE THIS EARLY IN MY FATHER’S INCARCERATION, BUT HE IS DESPERATELY NEEDED HERE. HE CAN BE OF MORE USE TO HERCULES III AS A FATHER, HUSBAND, AND MENTOR THAN A PRISONER. WHY CAN’T YOU SEND HIM TO SEE A PSYCHIATRIST TO HELP HIM WITH HIS IMPETUOUS BEHAVIOR RATHER THAN IMPRISONING HIM?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION IN THIS MATTER.

DONA . . .

The bot returned to the entryway and saw Gene sitting in a blue wingchair. It walked in and sat in the opposite chair. Gene looked at it with surprised.

“You can sit down on a chair? Aren’t you too heavy?”

“I am actually two millimeters off the surface. I only appear to be sitting on the chair to make you feel at ease. I understand you have a brain disability that has been partially repaired, plus damage you received at the hand of a macho surgeon. I want you to feel comfortable in this interview. How did you feel when you first learned about this incident?”

“Mostly, I was disappointed in Abe’s actions. Like me, he is easily led astray, but with him it is his emotions that do him in. That is not to say I am not angry because I am. I see a very rocky relationship with him in the near future. We will, of course, get back to being in love as we were, but this will always exist between us. He will know I am disappointed in what he did and I will know he will forever be afraid that I’m only acting like I love him. I miss him terribly and the children miss him. He is needed here, not in prison. I know there is nothing you can do about this, but I just wish somewhere up there in the bot hierarchies some system will see that he needs emotional help from the mental damage he received from all those years at that chemical factory. He needs to see a psychiatrist. Prison is doing him nothing except reinforcing his anger toward bots. I am afraid he will inadvertently lash out at one of the children in a fit of anger and be killed by Bot Security. He needs to be taught how to control his anger. You would think there would be a pill that he could take for that. I take a pill that helps me to speak intelligently for the first time in my life. Is there anything else you need from me?”

“No, that was most candid and will be helpful in this matter. Thank you for your assistance. I will let myself out. Goodbye, Gene.”

“Goodbye, Human Services bot.”

Dona was reading a technical publication when the bell on her module rang. She bookmarked the document, returned to the home screen, and pressed the answer button. A message appeared on her screen:

BOT HQ HERCULES III; BHQH3-01A-0001A-1

ECOM 99X-6445C-4; DONALDA 00-893N

THANK YOU FOR YOUR MESSAGE CONCERNING ABNER 34-793K.

CONSIDERING THE DATA WE HAVE RECEIVED CONCERNING THE PRISONER, WE WILL TRANSFER HIM TO THE PRISON MENTAL HOSPITAL ON RING 7 FOR TREATMENT OF POSSIBLE BRAIN DAMAGE THAT OCCURRED DURING EXTENSIVE TESTING OF DRUGS AND RESULTING EMOTIONAL DEFECTS TO HIS PSYCHE.

WE WILL BE IN DIRECT CONTACT WITH YOU CONCERNING THIS MATTER.

PLEASE SHARE THIS MESSAGE WITH YOUR FAMILY.

THANK YOU FOR BRINGING THIS MATTER TO OUR ATTENTION.

BOT SECURITY HERCULES III

Dona ran out of her room and yelled down the hall, “Hey everybody come into my room, I received a message from Bot Security for all of Hercules III concerning Abe.”

Don ran out of his room and down the hall almost bumping into Gene who was limping out of the entry hall. They converged on Dona’s bedroom and stood in front of the module.

“Look, they’re sending Abe to a mental hospital for treatment. Isn’t that great?”

“It sure is, Doey. Okay, you two time for ice cream to celebrate. You know, Dona, having you being a genius is going to help our little family a lot. The bots are going to go to extremes to keep you happy. I don’t know how long this is going to take, but I’m happy they’re finally going to do something about this. Oh, let’s keep this as our little secret. Everyone around here may not accept that Abe is going to get the help he needs and may come home early. Of course, considering the mental and brain conditions the rest of us have he should no longer feel left out.”

********

When there was a knock at his door, Ben opened it and saw a bot standing on the porch. He said, “May I help you?”

“I am Human Services bot 743. I have come to interview you and your family. May I come in?”

“Certainly,” Ben said. “We’re in the living room.”

The bot followed Ben and stopped at the entry into the living room. It saw a man sitting in an orange side chair and two children, a boy and a girl, sitting on the sofa. It said, “I will interview Decus 09-366g first. Child, can you take me to your room where I can interview you?”

“Dadi Peter, is that okay?” Dec asked.

“Yes, Dec, go with the bot,” Peter said. “Don’t be afraid, this isn’t a security bot.”

“No, I am not a security bot; I come from a different hierarchy. We deal with humans on a daily basis. I am programmed to interview children. I will be gentle, but I need to know what happened on that day.”

“Go on, Dec, it’ll be okay,” Ben said.

“Come on bot, I’ll show you the way,” Dec said. He got up and walked past the bot and went to the hall. “It’s this way.”

The bot followed the boy into the bedroom and closed the door. The boy sat in his chair as a worried look splashed across his face.

“Dec, are you afraid?” The bot asked. “There is nothing to fear. I just want to know what happened and your reaction to it.”

“You’re not going to get mad, are you?”

“No, I will not express anger. All I want is data that only you can provide. From interviewing Leon and Leoni, I understand it was you who heard Lee and Abe having sex. Is that correct?”

“Yes.”

“What did you hear?”

“Do I have to say?”

“It would be helpful if you can tell me what you heard. I know you heard what many parents consider to be a bad word. You may say that word here. I will not become angered. I am programmed not to have anger toward children.”

“Well, I had come home early from school because I had a tummy ache. When I got out of Auntie Willy’s speeder, I ran in here and went to the bathroom because I felt I had to puke and I did in the toilet. When I came out, I asked Dadi Ben if I could go outside and play and he said not to go far, in case I got sick, again. So, I was walking past Uncle Abe’s bedroom window and I heard a weird sound like moaning and like ‘uh, uh, uh,’ then I heard Auntie Lee, and I knew it was her because Auntie Willy was at the daycare. Anyway, I heard her say ‘Oh, Abe, push it in deeper, fuck me, Abe, fuck me hard, oh, Abe fuck me, I can feel you, Abe, you’re so big, fuck me,’ and it went on and on. I ran home and got Dadi Ben and I told him I heard something at Uncle Abe’s that I didn’t understand. He followed me over and we heard Uncle Abe say, ‘Lee, do you feel my cock, oh, you’re so tight,’ and then I heard a smack sound like somebody slapped someone. I know what that sounds like because Dadi Peter was joking with Auntie Charity and she slapped him. Then I heard Auntie Lee say ‘Ow!’ loudly and then she said ‘Oh, Abe, you’re so rough, fuck me hard, Abe, fuck me like a man, oh, Abe, what are you doing? Oh, Abe, you’re so deep, oh, yes, pinch my nipples,’ and then Dadi Ben pulled me away and we came back here. He took me into the living room and I asked him if Uncle Abe was really fucking Auntie Lee and he said, ‘No, they weren’t really doing that, your Uncle Abe loves Uncle Gene and Auntie Lee loves Auntie Willly,’ but I knew he was lying. I knew what they were doing. Please don’t tell Dadi Ben or Dadi Peter, but I heard them making love once and I heard Dadi Ben say, ‘Oh, Peter, you’re so rough when you pinch my nipples like that.’ So, I knew those two adults were having naughty sex. I don’t like them anymore. They were naughty doing that with each other. I don’t know if Dadi Ben or Dadi Peter will tell you, but I have nightmares from what I heard. They said they’re going get me psycho-something help.”

“And, you told Leon?”

“Yeah, because it was his mommy who was being fucked by Uncle Abe. He didn’t believe me, but I told him what I heard. He told me to go away, so I did, but the next day he said what I said was true, that Lee had had sex with Uncle Abe.”

“And, you told how many other children?”

“Oh, anybody who would listen, I guess. Some didn’t believe me, but others talked to Leon and then all the kids at daycare and school knew what happened.”

“And, then the whole commune knew, correct?”

“Yeah, I’m sorry I told, but I couldn’t stop myself. Dadi Ben got mad at me when other people at the commune asked him about what happened.”

“What happened when Don came back to daycare?”

“All the kids made fun of him because what Uncle Abe had done.”

“Did you make fun of him?”

“Do I have to say?”

“Yes, I have to know?”

“Yes, I did, but Auntie Willy and Auntie Megan said I was being naughty so I stopped, but I didn’t talk to him. Petr rags him all the time and Auntie Dorcas won’t do anything about it even though Auntie Megan tells her what he’s doing a school. Petr said that Auntie Dorcas said that Don needs to defend himself, but he can’t because he’s little and no one pays any attention to him because he can’t talk right. Everybody laughs at him.”

“Do you laugh at him?”

“No, Dadi Peter told me not to, but I won’t play with him because he’s little and he can’t talk right and he’s afraid of beefalos. Sometimes I wish he wasn’t even here, but please don’t say anything because I know he can’t help it. He’s little and doesn’t know about beefalos.”

“Are beefalos important to you?”

“Oh, yes, because Dadi Ben raises them. I have my own bull and cow. I named them Titan and Moonie. They made a calf this year. I watched them do it, too. It won’t be born for another four months. I’m going to name it Jupiter or Phoebe whether it’s male or female. Dadi Ben said if it’s male he’s going to castrate it because I already have a bull.”

“Well, Dec, I think I’ve gotten everything I need. If your Uncle Abe or Auntie Lee were to come back in less than a year, would you accept them?”

“Well, I don’t know. It depends on why they were released early. If they were good in prison, then I wouldn’t mind, but I still won’t like them. They were naughty and have to be punished for what they did.”

“Okay, Dec, thank you for being very candid about this. I will not betray your confidence. This is just between you and Human Services. Goodbye, Dec.”

“Goodbye.”

The bot returned to the entryway and saw the girl sitting on the sofa. It said, “Deci 09-366h I will interview you next. Can you take me to your room?”

“Oh, okay,” Deci said. She got up and walked past the bot. She stopped at the hall and said, “It’s this way.”

The bot followed the girl down the hall to the right, went into the room, and closed the door. Deci was standing in the middle of the room.

“Where should I sit?” Deci asked.

“Wherever is comfortable for you,” the bot said. It watched the girl sit on her bed and it walked to within a two meters of the bed. “Can you tell me what you thought when you heard about what happened?”

“Well, when Dec told me what he heard, I didn’t believe him. I thought he was just talking dirty again. He does that all the time. One time we were out in the pasture and saw Titan mount Moonie and you know what Dec said? Well, he said, ‘Hey look Deci, Titan is going to fuck Moonie.’ He actually said ‘fuck’. If our daddies knew he was talking dirty so much, he would get in bad trouble. Anyway, down at school all the kids were talking about what happened. If you really want to know, I really don’t care. I have my own daddies; I don’t need to worry about someone else’s daddy or mommy. I don’t care if they come back or not. They were bad and are being punished by the bots. That’s good enough for me. Do you want anything else?”

“No, that is about all. Goodbye, Deci.”

“Goodbye, bot.”

The bot left the girl and returned to the living room where she asked, “Do you wish to be interviewed separately or here?”

“I don’t have a problem answering your questions with Peter here,” Ben said. “Peter, how about you?”

“Uh, oh, sorry, wasn’t paying attention. We can do it here.”

“Very well, gentlemen, now Benedict 02-933g, Dec said that he took you over to hear what was going on next door. What did you think when you heard those voices?”

“Well, I was shocked. Peter and I had Abe living with us when he first came here because he was only sixteen and he lived with us until he was in his seventeens. So, I didn’t expect that of him, but Abe has always had problems with his emotions. I’ve experienced him at his worse. His anger can get the better of him. I guess it was all those years at the chemical factory testing pharmaceuticals and the regimented existence with those bots affected him someway in the head. Personally, I think Lee was the instigator and he just went along with it. You know, reacting to temptation because he was alone at the time and probably felt free to do what he wanted, not expecting someone to hear what he and Lee were doing. After what I thought was long enough for them to finish what they were doing and get cleaned up, I went over and was surprised Abe was alone. I confronted him and he admitted what had happened. That was enough for me. I told him he had made the mistake of his life and he accepted it. I even took him down to the clinic when Willy broke his nose. Anything else?”

“No, that pretty much covers it. Will you welcome him back?”

“I really can’t say. I will accept his presence, but for me he’s destroyed our relationship as foster son to foster father. Whatever love and respect I had for him is gone. I’ll be decent to him, but that will be as far as it will go.”

“Thank you, Ben for being so honest. Now, Peter 41-331u what was your reaction to finding out what happened.”

“Well, to be honest I can’t really say. Even though Abe may say differently, I’ve always felt we just never had a close relationship. I think he was always close to Ben, though when he was attacked by machos, I was there for him in his time of need. When he comes back, well, I’ll accept him, but this has changed our relationship, such as it’s been. I really don’t think I need to forgive him, that’s for Gene and the kids to do. If he came back tomorrow and came to me for work, I’d give him something to do if there was anything that needed to be done. He has the experience in the orchard to do everything, so I don’t have to supervise him. That’s about all I can say.”

“Very good, I’m sure this will be of help to the Department of Corrections. Thank you, gentlemen for being so candid in your answers. The only thing that I can add is your son seems to have a problem with his language. It would be of future importance to him if you are able to control it at this stage of his life. I am not suggesting you punish him, but gentle correction often does wonders. Also, I will send in a referral to the local clinic to have the psychologist contact you about counseling for Dec. I will leave now, goodbye.”

After the bot left Peter said, “That went rather well. I told you Dec was swearing. I can’t be the only parent in this house. You need to help, too.”

“Okay! I’ll talk to him,” Ben said. “Maybe I’ll take his calf if it’s a female.”

********

Across the lane 823 was in Petr’s room where it asked the boy, “What was your reaction when you heard about what happened across the lane?”

“I thought it was funny; I mean they’re all losers over there and those adults got what they deserved. I hope the security bots get mad and kill them. Good riddance, I say.”

“Why do you dislike them?”

“My Momma Dorcas doesn’t like either Lee or Willy, she’s told me so. And Leon is a jerk, his parents raise flowers. What kind of crop is that? People can’t eat flowers. Whatever money they’re getting from their flowers is probably coming from something illegal. The bots will find out and clear both the flower and shrub farms out of the commune. Good riddance, I say.”

“What is your relationship with Abe’s family?”

“All of them are losers. Abe acts like he’s a goody two shoes, always trying to look important because he’s caring for that stupid Gene. My Momma Dorcas doesn’t like either Abe or Gene. She said Abe’s a fag and said those machos that attacked him and his old husband Roger should have been allowed to kill them. When I grow up, I’m going over there one night and kill all of them. Then my Momma Dorcas will take me away from this place and leave Charity and Petra to raise their beefalos.”

“What if Abe and Lee came back early; what would you feel?”

“I don’t care what happens, but I can tell you one thing. I have a plan to use when they do come back. I’m going to send a message to the security bots and say I saw them beat their children with sticks and the security bots will come here and kill both of them. That’s what I’m going to do. I told Momma Dorcas what I’m going to do and you know what she said? Well, she told me that was a good idea, but the security bots probably wouldn’t believe me. Well, I wouldn’t tell the security bots it’s me, I’d give the return ID as Petra. If anyone got in trouble it would be her, and I wouldn’t have to have a sister anymore because the security bots would take her away and execute her. I’ve got it all worked out. Anything else you want to know?”

“No, child, I think I’ve got everything I need from this interview. Thank you for your comments.”

“Oh, no problem, like I said, I’m going to get rid of them one way or another and I just might start with that sissy Don. I can take a knife to school and stab him and kill him. I know how to do that.”

“Goodbye, Petr.”

“Goodbye, bot.”

The bot went out to the living room and said, “Petra 03-532d, I will interview you next, please take me to your room.”

Inside the room, Petra sat on her bed and smiled. The bot would have sighed if that was in her programming, but all she could do was look forward to a better interview in this room rather than with the boy. It knew that Bot Security was monitoring the interviews and from the data of the interview with Petrus, they would be down here to arrest both Dorcas 01-563n and Petrus 03-532c for having macho tendencies. The adult would probably die from the least amount of resistance; the child would be given a brain erasure and counseling to determine any remnants of macho tendencies. If he still exhibited those characteristics, he would be humanely euthanized. It was a shame, but humans like Dorcas 01-563n spread the macho stain to children around them.

“Petra how do you feel about what happened?”

“I still can’t believe it happened. Uncle Abe and Auntie Lee are such nice people. They’re not like Momma Dorcas or Petr, and they have nice families. I feel sorry for Leon, Leoni, Don, and Dona. They shouldn’t have to have parents like that who would destroy their trust by doing something stupid.”

“If those two adults came back tomorrow, would you welcome them back?”

“I don’t know, I don’t think they’ve been in prison long enough, yet. They should at least have the feeling they’ve been punished for what they did. So, I guess maybe I wouldn’t welcome them back, unless there was something wrong with them that made them do what they did. Then maybe it would be okay for them to come back, but I don’t think I would welcome them. It there anything else you want to ask?”

“No, child, thank you for your honest comments. Goodbye, Petra.”

“Goodbye.”

A bad child, a good child; what would the adults be like? The bot returned to the living room and asked, “Do you want to give your comments separately or together?”

“I, for one, think I’d rather we did them separately,” Dorcas said. “Let me take you to our home office.”

Inside the room, Dorcas sat in the chair while the bot shut the door and stepped a meter from the door to maintain a safe distance from a human that might be a macho and react violently in the interview. The bot asked, “What was your reaction to the incident?”

“I think that was going to happen. Abe has always been a wild young man who could never be trusted, even though Peter and Ben trusted him. I knew something like this was going to happen. After all, Lee is a mutant. You can’t see it, but she is. Her ovaries are defective and she has to take pills. I’m glad she’s in prison and I hope Bot Security keeps her there for a long, long time. For Abe, well, I hope he fouls up and Bot Security has to kill him. It will certainly make this commune a better place for good families like mine. With Abe gone, well that will mean that Gene won’t be able to stay here because he can’t care for himself. Though it is a shame that the children will have to be separated and go to orphanages, but at least they will be gone. Petr has some good ideas about getting rid of them, too. He’s a good boy and has been listening to everything I’ve been telling him about how good people should be running the ship instead of Bot Security. Is there anything else you want from me?”

“No, that should cover it. Why don’t I stay here and you go out and tell Charity 01-673t that I’ll interview her next?”

“That’s a good idea. Obviously, you have good programming, unlike security bots.”

After a few moments, Charity came into the room and shut the door. She sat in the chair and the bot squatted down to where she was at eye-level with the human. The bot asked, “What was your reaction to the news about the incident?”

“Well, I was shocked. I never expected such a thing from either of them. Abe had come out to the barn because he was looking for work, but we didn’t have anything for him to do, so he said he was going out to the flower farm to see if Lee needed some help. I would never have expected Lee to suggest they come back to Abe’s home to have illicit sex. That’s what Willy told me, that Lee was the instigator of the whole thing; and, Abe is so impetuous in his actions. It wouldn’t have taken much to get him into bed and have him do whatever Lee wanted. It’s a shame they’ve been hauled off to prison, but they have to be punished, most of all Lee. I don’t think Abe has the capacity to believe he’s actually being punished for a crime. He’s probably thinking it’s a Bot Security plot to do away with him. I just wish Bot Security would send him to a psychiatric hospital where he can get help for the damage the happened to him at that chemical factory and test facility.”

“If they came back tomorrow, what would be your reaction?”

“Well, obviously, they haven’t been there long enough to have the experience of being punished. But, that isn’t to say I wouldn’t welcome them back because I would. Basically, both of them are good kids, but Lee is a mutant and Abe is mentally damaged and they probably don’t think like regular people. This certainly has been difficult on their families. I know that Don is taking this very bad. Of all the children, I think he needs the most help.”

“Well, Charity, thank you for your comments, I’m sure they will come of good use to the Department of Corrections. Goodbye.”

“Oh, just a moment, did Dorcas say anything derogatory about Lee and Abe? I’ll understand if you can’t say, but I was just wondering.”

“I would say something, but walls often have ears. If that’s all, I will be leaving.”

The bot went out the door and down the steps. The other bot was in the speeder and it flew up and sat down. They took off and three Bot Security speeders flew past them and down into the parking area of the five residences. Three bots flew out of two speeders and went up to the front door of Dorcas and Charity’s residence. After knocking, the door opened and they went in.

In a few minutes a bot came out with the body of an adult draped over its outstretched arms. Behind it a bot was carrying a young child that had been bound and had a black bag over its head. The body was carried into one speeder and the child into another. The speeders took off and headed toward Central City.

Charity and Petra came out and stood on the porch. Across the lane, the residents came out of their residences to see what was going on. Petra asked, “Momma Charity, why did the bots kill Momma Dorcas and take Petr away like that? Is it because they always talked like machos?”

“Yes, dear. Obviously, Bot Security was listening to the interviews. I don’t think Petr will be back.”

“What are we going to do?”

“Make do, Petra, get on with our lives and make do.”

Copyright © 2016 CarlHoliday; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..