Jump to content
    CarlHoliday
  • Author
  • 8,065 Words
  • 705 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The G. M. Os. - 29. Chapter 29 - Machos in Miniature

WARNING: This chapter contains two scenes of bot prison guards torturing children. The sections are clearly identified and may be skipped in you so desire. The chapter was originally written to show how bots on Hercules III deal with machos at any age level. For one character the torture led to the identification of something hidden that would probably appear in subsequent chapters.

Chapter 29
Ship Clock 263199
Stefan 03-774o1
Antherus 45-883m
Machos in Miniature

WARNING: Physical torture of a child occurs in this section.

“State your ID, please.”

“I don’t have to, faggot.”

“State your ID.”

“I said I don’t have to, you dirty, filthy faggot.”

“I see. Guards, strip the subject and affix him to the rack.”

While one bot guard held the boy, the other cut off his clothes. The boy was moved to the wall and without much care for the boy’s feelings the guards turned him toward the wall and fastened his wrists and ankles to a metal structure attached to the wall.

“I am Kenneth 73, your interrogator. After I am through with this initial interview, you will be given a test, then speak with a psychologist. If necessary you will be given another test, speak with the psychologist again, and then, if necessary, speak with me again. If at any time you refuse to cooperate with this process, as you have now chosen to do, you will immediately be given a series of very painful experiences that we hope will bring you back in line. If not, do not expect to leave this facility alive. We have a mission here to determine whether you have macho tendencies due to your constant verbal disparagement toward others you feel are below yourself.

“If it is determined that you have those tendencies, due to your age you will be given a partial brain erasure, mental rehabilitation, and then reexamined for macho tendencies. If it is determined the brain erasure was not successful, you will be humanely euthanized.”

“It is very important for you to understand at this moment in your interrogation that at any time you do not cooperate either, voluntarily or through torture, you will suffer a most uncomfortable death. Do you understand what I have said?”

“I don’t have to answer any of your questions, faggot.”

“I see. 9328, administer level 1 pain.”

“Yes, sir,” the bot said. A knife-like device extended from its arm and it drew the blade across the boy’s right buttock.

The high-pitched scream was unappealingly harsh to the ear. The crying and whining that followed would have brought tears to even the most insensitive listeners.

“State your ID.”

“Stefan 03-774o1,” the boy stammered through uncontrollable crying.

“Very well, Stefan 03, you seem to have a mouth. Why is that? Do you feel yourself superior to others on Hercules III?”

“I don’t have to answer any of your questions, faggot.”

“Guard.”

“Anticipating your request,” the bot said. It drew the blade across the other buttock, a bit deeper this time.

The scream was slightly different, deeper in the throat with a nasal intonation from snot filled nostrils. It continued unabated for minutes as the victim tried to fathom his reluctance to answer the question.

The blade returned to the right buttock and it was drawn vertically across the first cut.

Another high-pitched scream followed by never ending crying and whimpering. Finally, after about five or so minutes, the crying softened.

“Why do you feel superior to other humans?”

“None of your business, faggot.”

The blade made another incision across the first cut.

“Stop! Please, stop. Please! Don’t hurt me. Please!”

“Why do you feel superior to other humans?”

“Because I’m better than faggots. They had my Uncle Tommy killed because they told the bots he was a macho and I know he wasn’t. He was nice to me; not like his faggot brother Tom. Tom married a man. Men don’t do that. Only faggots marry faggots.”

“I see. Tomas 01-997u was interrogated for macho tendencies and confessed his crimes against humanity.”

“He was tortured and made to confess. That’s what bots do to suspected machos. That’s what you’re doing to me, but I won’t confess to being a macho.”

“Actually, we have a record of his interrogation. Would you like to hear a transcript of that interrogation?”

“What’s a transcript?”

“It’s like a recording. I can have one of the bots here recite it if you want. Do you want to hear it?”

“Yes,” Stefan whispered.

“5549, please.”

INTERROGATOR: STATE YOUR ID.

SUBJECT: TOMAS 01-997U.

INTERROGATOR: I AM ULRICK 42, YOUR INTERROGATOR. YOU HAVE BEEN IDENTIFIED AS HAVING POTENTIAL MACHO TENDENCIES. WHAT IS YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH MEMBERS OF YOUR FAMILY?

SUBJECT: MY TWO STEPFATHERS AND STEPBROTHER ARE FAGGOTS, IF THAT ANSWERS YOUR QUESTION.

INTERROGATOR: DID THEY ADMIT THIS TO YOU?

SUBJECT: YES.

INTERROGATOR: HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THIS?

SUBJECT: WHAT? THAT THEY’RE FAGGOTS? FAGGOTS ARE AN ABOMINATION TO ALL THAT IS HUMAN AND MUST BE ERADICATED FROM THE GENE POOL ON HERCULES III.

INTERROGATOR: WHEN DID YOU FORMULATE YOUR FEELINGS TOWARD YOUR FAMILY?

SUBJECT: WHEN I WAS IN COLLEGE AN MET OTHERS WHO FELT THE SAME AS I DO.

INTERROGATOR: WHY HAVEN’T YOU MURDERED YOUR FAMILY BEFORE THIS DATE?

SUBJECT: I NEVER HAD THE CHANCE TO GO HOME UNTIL I WAS INVITED TO MY BROTHER’S WEDDING; THAT’S WHY.

INTERROGATOR: THAT IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE RIGHT NOW; IS THAT CORRECT?

SUBJECT: YES. I WISH I KNEW WHO TURNED ME IN.

INTERROGATOR: THAT DOESN’T MATTER AT THIS MOMENT, BUT IT WAS MEMBERS OF YOUR FAMILY.

SUBJECT: FIGURES. SO WHAT HAPPENS NOW?

INTERROGATOR: AS YOU HAVE FREELY ADMITTED TO YOUR CRIME, YOU WILL BE EXECUTED. GUARD, DO YOUR DUTY.

“That is the end of the transcript,” the bot said.

“What happened to him?” Stefan asked.

“His head was removed.”

“They cut off his head right there in the interrogation room?”

“Yes; he was a macho and did not deserve a hanging.”

“Are you going to cut off my head?”

“No; we have not determined whether you have macho tendencies or are just angry that your uncle was executed because he was a macho. Even then we will not execute you in that manner. If we determine you have macho tendencies, you will receive a partial brain erasure, mental rehabilitation, and one more examination, like this, to determine if your tendencies are mental or physical. If it is determined that macho tendencies cannot be removed from your psyche, you will be humanely euthanized.”

“What’s humanely euthanized mean?”

“You will be put to sleep and then chemicals will be injected into your body that will cease body functions.”

“Will I ever see my dads and brother again?”

“That depends on whether it is determined you have macho tendencies. Guards, cuff and shackle Stefan 03 and take him down to medical.”

********

“State your ID, please.”

“Antherus 45-883m.”

“I am William 21, your interrogator. After I am through with this initial interview, you will be given a test, then speak with a psychologist, given another test, speak with the psychologist again, and then, if necessary, speak with me again. If at any time you refuse to cooperate with this process, you will immediately be given a series of very painful experiences that we hope will bring you back in line. If not, do not expect to leave this facility alive. We have a mission here to determine whether you have macho tendencies due to your constant verbal disparagement toward others you feel are below yourself.

“If it is determined that you have those tendencies, due to your age you will be given a partial brain erasure, mental rehabilitation, and then reexamined for macho tendencies. If it is determined the brain erasure was not successful, you will be humanely euthanized.”

“It is very important for you to understand at this moment in your interrogation that at any time you do not cooperate either, voluntarily or through torture, you will suffer a most uncomfortable death. Do you understand what I have said?”

“What does humanely euthanized mean?”

“You will be taken to a medical facility where you will be put to sleep and then chemicals will be injected into your body that will cease vital functions causing your death.”

“Why do you think I’m a macho?”

“You were heard using disparaging language to other humans.”

“What does disparaging mean?”

“Using bad words.”

“Oh, like when I called Stevie and Tom faggots and Miss Megan a bitch and my dad a faggot. Is that what you mean?”

“Yes.”

“Oh, so you’re going to euthanize me now?”

“No, that’s the last step. What we must do now is determine whether you actually have macho tendencies or are just acting out as some little boys do sometimes. When did you determine you were better than other humans?”

“I’m not better than other people. I’m just a kid. Stef told me to say those things. He’s the macho. You should be asking him these questions, not me.”

“You also attacked a young boy at your daycare facility. Why is that?”

“Oh, Stevie? Oh, he’s just a little kid. He’s not like normal boys.”

“So you attacked him because he’s not normal. Who told you Stevie is not normal?”

“If you saw him, you would see that he’s not normal. He’s smaller than regular age five boys. His brother, Stef, is much bigger than him and none of the other boys beat him up.”

“So you only beat up little boys. Do you feel that is okay?”

“What do you mean?”

“Do you think it’s okay to beat up little boys?”

“Well, if they’re not normal, yeah it’s okay. Stef is a little boy, but he’s big like normal boys his age.”

“Have you ever gotten in trouble for beating up a little child?”

“I don’t beat up girls.”

“But, have you ever gotten in trouble for beating up Stevie or any other little boy?”

“Well, yeah, all the time.”

“And, yet, you continue to do that. Why?”

“Because they’re not normal.”

“Do you think it’s normal to beat up little boys?”

“You think I’m a macho because I beat up Stevie and called him a faggot, don’t you?”

“It is not my decision at this time to determine whether or not you have macho tendencies. We are still in the exploratory stage on your interrogation, but you have admitted using disparaging language toward others and you have been physical with someone you determined, by your own standards, not to be normal. By definition, those are actions usually attributed to a macho, so, if this was your last interview, I would recommend that you be sent to the Prison Medical Facility on Ring 7 for a brain erasure and mental rehabilitation. But, first, I asked you if you think it’s normal to beat up little boys.”

“Well, not really.”

“Yet, you do it. Why is that?”

“I don’t know. Maybe, that’s just the way I am.”

“That would make you a bully. Being a bully is not normal. There is a facility on Hercules III where bullies are sent for psychological treatment. Is that what you want?”

“You’d send me there if I wasn’t a macho?”

“Possibly, but, first, we have to determine if you’re a macho or have macho tendencies. Do you feel yourself to be superior to a child such as Stevie, who you have admitted beating up?”

“What do you mean by feeling superior?”

“Are you better than he is?”

“Not really, well, he’s just a little kid.”

“And, therefore, an easy target for your aggression.”

“Well, yeah, but I’m not really any better than he is. I’m just as much a human as he is. It’s just that he’s not normal by being so little.”

“I see. This afternoon you will take a test and then speak with a child psychologist. Tomorrow morning you will take another test and speak once more with the psychologist. Then tomorrow after lunch we will speak for a final time and I will make the decision on whether you will be sent to the Prison Medical Facility on Ring 7 or to the Aggressive Child Treatment Facility on Ring 8. Guards, return Antherus 45 to his cell.”

********

The boy was escorted into the interrogation room and placed in a chair without his cuffs and shackles being removed. He looked at the man sitting across the table from him.

“State your ID.”

“Stefan 03-774o1.”

“Stefan 03, how do you feel today?”

“Okay, I guess.”

“All of your tests have come back and it has been determined that Stevius 03-774o2 is not your physical twin brother. How do you feel about that?”

“I don’t know; how should I feel? He’s never been the same as me. He’s always been smaller so I guess I’m not surprised that he really isn’t my twin.”

“Are you angry that he isn’t your brother?”

“No, should I be?”

“We also scanned your genome and determined you do not have the macho mutation, so your macho actions at Eden Commune were only psychological in nature. How do you feel about that?”

“I suppose I should be happy, shouldn’t I?”

“But, your psychological work-up has determined you have psychological macho tendencies. How do you feel about that?”

“How should I feel? You said on the first day if I was determined to have macho tendencies I would receive a brain erasure, so how am I supposed to feel. Will I ever see my dads and brother again?”

“That depends on the results of your mental rehabilitation and final examination for macho tendencies. If you are cleared for readmittance into the general human population on Hercules III it is possible that you will be permitted to live with your family, again.”

“What do you mean it’s possible I’ll be permitted to live with my dads and brother?”

“They have the option of not allowing you to rejoin the family due to your macho actions against them and your neighbors.”

“No, that’s not right, they can’t do that, where will I go, I’ll be all alone,” Stefan cried. He broke down and sobbed.

“Guards, take Stefan 03-774o1 to processing.”

********

RBTC HUMAN SRVCS RING 5; RHSR5-10C-001A-4

ECOM 99X-6445C-4; PETER 41-331U; BENEDICT 02-933G

GREETINGS . . .

PLEASE ARRANGE TO BE AT YOUR RESIDENCE ON THIRD TITANSDAY CARLOSSETI 263199 AT 19:00.

PURPOSE OF MEETING: DETERMINATION IF YOUR LEGAL SON STEFAN 03-774O WILL BE WELCOME IN YOUR HOME AFTER FINAL DETERMINATION OF ERADICATION OF MACHO TENDENCIES FROM MIND OF SAID INDIVIDUAL.

PRELIMINARY INTERROGATION HAS DETERMINED INDIVIDUAL DOES HAVE PSYCHOLOGICAL MACHO TENDENCIES AND, THEREFORE, INDIVIDUAL WILL BE TRANSFERRED TO PRISON MEDICAL FACILITY ON RING 7 FOR PARTIAL BRAIN ERASURE AND MENTAL REHABILITATION.

AS HUMANS OFTEN TARGETED BY MACHOS YOU HAVE THE PREROGATIVE TO DISALLOW ANY INDIVIDUAL WHO HAS EXHIBITED MACHO TENDENCIES IN THE PAST. STEFAN 03-774O WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR REUNION FOR AT LEAST TWO YEARS, THEREFORE YOU WILL HAVE TIME TO RECONSIDER THIS DECISION.

THANK YOU

RBTC HUMAN SRVCS RING 5

“Ben, you need to read this,” Peter called out.

When Ben came into the home office he sat at the module and read the message. He sighed, stood up, and walked out. Peter followed him wondering what was on his husband’s mind. In the kitchen, Stevie was carefully peeling a carrot, but looked up when the two men entered. He returned his attention to the carrot. This was the first time he had been allowed to handle a sharp tool and didn’t want to cut himself.

“Stevie, if Stef had the chance to come back and live with us, would that be okay with you?” Ben asked.

“But, isn’t he a macho?” Stevie asked.

“Stevie, put down the vegetable peeler if Ben is going to talk to you,” Peter said.

“But, I’m not done with this carrot,” Stevie said.

“Put down the peeler,” Peter said.

“Yes, sir,” Stevie said. He put the peeler on the counter. “If Stef is a macho, won’t the bots kill him?”

“There is a chance he will be able to come back and we need to decide if we want that,” Ben said.

“When will he be back?” Stevie asked.

“Not for a couple years,” Peter said.

“If he’s not a macho and the bots can promise that he won’t ever become a macho when he lives here, it’s okay with me if he lives with us,” Stevie said.

“A bot will be here tomorrow night and we will need to tell it our decision on this matter,” Peter said.

“What is our decision?” Stevie asked. “You asked me what I wanted, but what do you two want? Do you want Stef to come back here and live with us?”

“Well, Ben, what is your opinion in this matter?” Peter asked.

“Stef is our son and, if the bots can assure us all traces of macho tendencies have been removed from him, well, then I’m in favor of allowing him to return. How does that sound?”

“Pretty much the way a parent would answer. My only concern is that he was swayed by Tommie and became macho. What will happen if he comes across someone else who can talk him into believing in being a macho again?”

“Then I guess we should tell the bot our concerns and see what it says.”

“So, you’re saying maybe you guys don’t want Stef to come back,” Stevie said.

“We’re concerned, that’s all,” Peter said. “Machos do not see anything wrong with killing gay men so if Stef could still be able to become macho he might endanger us as a family. Our safety is of utmost concern in this matter.”

“But, what will happen to him?” Stevie asked. “Where will the bots send him if he can’t come home.”

“I’m sure they have a facility for children who don’t have homes,” Ben said.

“I hope so because I wouldn’t want him to be alone on the ship. Can I go watch a vid until supper is ready? I’m kind of sad right now.”

“Go ahead; but when I say supper is ready, I want you to come straight to the table,” Peter said.

“Okay, I’ll do that.”

“So, what do we tell the bot?” Ben asked.

“That we’re concerned that he might be swayed to the macho side if he ever encounters someone who talks like a macho,” Peter said. “And, we are concerned what would become of him if we don’t take him back. I think we can give him a good home, but I’m still worried because of what Tommie might have said to him.”

“Yeah, I think that’s about all we can do at this point,” Ben said. “How about I do the vegetables and you do the meat?”

“Well, you’ve always done vegetables better than me anyway, but you raise meat, yet you can’t cook it. Why is that?”

“I can grill it.”

“Then grill the chops and I’ll do the vegetables.”

“No, I’ll do the vegetables. You take Stevie out and show him how to get the grill ready and start it.”

“He’s watching a vid.”

“Oh, yeah, mustn’t go back on permission to have fun. How are you going to fix the chops?”

“Sear them in butter and garlic.”

“Sounds good.”

********

“State your ID, please.”

“Antherus 45-883m.”

“Antherus 45, you have completed the psychological portion of this interrogation to determine if you have macho tendencies. I am happy to inform you that you do not have macho tendencies.”

“When can I go home?”

“Not for a while yet. As I suspected at the beginning of this process, we have determined that you do have aggressive tendencies toward other children and are, therefore, a danger to the peace of Hercules III. Today you will be transferred to the Aggressive Child Treatment Facility on Ring 8. Guards, take Antherus 45 to processing.”

“But, when do I get to go home?”

“When it is determined you are no longer a danger to other humans on Hercules III. Have a good life.”

********

Nothing. He could see, but he didn’t know what he was seeing. He didn’t know where he was or if he was anywhere. He didn’t know who he was or if he was anyone. He didn’t know anything other than his head hurt. Was that what that part of his body was called? Well, it did hurt. He looked at the thing beside his bed. There was something coming out of something on that thing that came down and then ended on his body. What was that part of his body called? Part of the place where he was changed and something came into where he was lying.

“Stefan 03-774o, you are awake. How do you feel this morning?”

“Ah, ah, oh, ah, ah, eh, ah.”

“You can talk. That part of your brain was not changed. Do you understand what I am speaking?”

“Ah, ah, ah, eh, oh, ah, eh.”

“Stefan 03, you can talk. Do you hurt?”

“Huh, oo, er, ta. Huh, oo, er, ta.”

“Say hurt.”

“Huh, oo, ert. Huh, oo, ert. Hoo, ert. Hurt. Hurt. Hurt.”

“You can give yourself medication to lessen the pain. Would you like me to show you how to do that?”

“Hurt.”

“Hold up your forefinger on your right hand. The hand with the IV in it.”

“IV.”

The thing pointed at a small, long part of the boy’s body in the same part of the body where that thing from the thing beside the bed ended in his body.

“This is your forefinger. All of this is your right hand. This thing taped to your hand is an IV. It is putting medicine and fluid into your body. Raise your hand. Yes, like that. Over here where the IV comes out there is a button. Let me hold your finger. Do not be afraid, I am not going to hurt you. Here, right here, press this button with your finger. Yes, like that. In a little while you will feel less pain. Do not worry, you cannot give yourself too much of that medicine, only enough to lessen the pain you are experiencing right now. Do you know where you are?”

“No.”

“Do you know why you are here?”

“No.”

“Do you know who you are?”

“Are?”

“You are a human and your ID is Stefan 03-774o. I am a robotic human interface unit. I am here to teach you how to be a human, again. I am 54. See right here on my label it says Robotic Human Interface Unit 543327-4N84MN-783BCH9475X7-54. You will call me 54. I will call you Stefan 03.”

“Stefan 03-774o. 54. Stefan 03. Forefinger. Right hand. IV. Why?”

“You were identified as having macho tendencies and received a partial brain erasure. My job is to make you a functioning human. Once I have completed my task, you will be retested for macho tendencies and if you are cleared for readmittance to human society on Hercules III, you will depart this facility a be transported back to your home.”

“Macho tendencies are bad.”

“Yes, macho tendencies are bad. Machos are bad. Machos are not welcome on Hercules III. All machos are eliminated when discovered.”

“Machos are bad. I knew a macho. Stefan 03 knew a macho. He was, I can’t remember. He was executed for being a macho. I was interrogated because I listened to him. I was identified as being macho. I had a brain erasure, but I can still remember. Why?”

“You only had a partial brain erasure. Only a portion of your neuronal connections were interrupted.”

“If I do not pass my next interrogation I will be euthanized. When will I be retested for macho tendencies?”

“I do not have that information.”

“Can you find out for me? I want to know if I should go through the trouble of relearning how to be a human or if I should just give into the inevitable death that awaits me. 54, can you find out this information?”

“Stefan 03, one moment, I will check on the availability of that information.”

The lights on the body of 54 went dark and Stefan look at the ceiling. There was a sparkly thing up there. He wondered what it was. He thought back to the before of his life. Who was he? He was Stefan 03-774o, Stefan 03, Stef. Stef? He was Stef and his brother was Stevie, but Stevie wasn’t really his brother. They were supposed to be twins, but for some unknown reason they weren’t. Why was that? He would have to ask 54 if it knew. Where did he live? It was Eden Commune on Ring 5 and he lived with Peter and Ben, his stepfathers. He lived with two men who were married. That would mean they were gay. Machos hated gay men, but why was that? He didn’t hate his fathers. They loved him and he loved them. His uncle Tommie hated gays and Peter and Ben were Tommie’s fathers, but he hated them because they were gay. They were different. Tommie hated his brother because Tom was gay and he wasn’t Tommie’s twin. Tommie hated people who were different. Tommie was a macho and he tried to make him macho, too. And, now, here he was relearning to be a human because he listened to Tommie. What was he going to have to do so that he wouldn’t be euthanized? 54’s light came back on.

“Stefan 03, to be reevaluated you must be able to take two tests and that will require you to be able to read, but that will not occur for at a minimum of one year.”

“Then you must teach me how to read now because I know who I am, where I live, who I live with, and who tried to make me be a macho. I do not want to be euthanized for what some macho did to me because I’m only twenty-five-years-old and didn’t know any better. And, if it is permitted, I want to be able to communicate with my gay fathers Peter and Ben and my brother Stevie, who, for some reason I wasn’t told, is not really my twin brother. My nickname is Stef, but you may refer to me as Stefan 03, as that is proper in authoritarian situations.”

“Stefan 03, you should not be able to remember that degree of information. All of that should have been erased.”

“Well, it wasn’t. Also, I am lying on a bed and covered with a light blanket. It is white. You are what humans refer to as a bot. I am in a space that is called a room. Entrance is gained by coming through a door. The door to this room is probably locked so that I cannot escape. I am in a prison that has a medical facility. It is on Ring 7. Your eyes are crystalline in structure and an improvement over earlier bots that had semi-metallic eyes. You are bipedal, which is also an improvement over earlier bots that were mainly transported by various combinations of wheels. I am first iteration age five meaning I am twenty-five-years-old. In fourteen years, I will be age six or thirty-nine-years-old. I am a male human. I have two eyes, ears, nostrils, shoulders, arms, elbows, wrists, hands, testicles, legs, knees, ankles, and feet. I have eight fingers and two thumbs and twelve toes. I am bipedal and being a boy I don’t play with dolls.”

“Stefan 03 you are talking with much more intelligence than your years would suggest and you seem to have more knowledge that should have been removed by the brain erasure.”

“Well, it wasn’t and, yes, I am intelligent, probably a genius, but I haven’t been tested because they didn’t do that at the rearing center where I was raised.”

“You are a remarkable human and I will have to check to see why your brain erasure did not work as it should. I will leave you now. Is there anything I can bring you when I return?”

“A mini-module would be nice. I need to practice reading and I could do that with a mini-module.”

“Mini-modules are not permitted in this facility.”

“Could you have a regular module installed?”

“No, that will not be permitted.”

“Books, can I have books to read? I don’t care what you can bring, but I need something to read. A dictionary would be useful, too.”

“Stefan 03, I must leave you. This has gone beyond my programming.”

“Sorry, but everything is coming back, except for the macho stuff, which was wrong for me to do. I was impetuous.”

“You are too young to use the word impetuous. I must leave you.”

Three weeks later Stef was sitting in a padded, metal chair with two bot guards behind him, a young man in front of him, and stack of stapled papers in front of him next to a portable module. This would be his first psychological test to determine if any macho tendencies remained in his mind. He was nervous that some of the questions might be written in such a way as to trick him into answering incorrectly.

“State your ID.”

“Stefan 03-774o.”

“I am Terrance 09 and I will proctor your examination. This is the preliminary post partial brain erasure macho tendency identification test. You will answer each question to the best of your ability. Time is not of the essence, though it will look better if you do not ponder each question trying to determine the best answer. One question does not determine macho tendencies. We are looking for your first reaction to a question. The first part consists of one hundred fifty multiple choice questions and the second part consists of one hundred true-false questions. You will mark your answers on the module. You may begin.”

Stef looked at the first question:

You are in a city and see a young boy walking toward you who only has one arm; the other ends at his elbow. Your immediate reaction to him is?

A. Sympathy for his obvious disability.

B. Disgust that he in allow to be out in public with normal humans.

C. Revulsion at his obvious disability.

D. Nothing.

Stef entered A in the module and went to the next question. After about two hours he answered the last question and sat back in the chair. He felt pretty good that he got all the answers correct, though there were a few where revulsion at the sight of an oozing discharge from a wound might have been the correct answer simply because such a sight would be revolting, but he chose “nothing” instead. The proctor left and Stef waited for the psychologist to come into the room. Then he realized he needed to use a toilet.

“Excuse me, but is there a toilet I can use?” Stef asked without turning around.

“Stand up, move away from the chair, put your arms behind your back, spread your legs,” a bot said.

Stef did as he was told. After being cuffed and shackled, he followed the bot out the door, while the other came behind. They took him to a toilet room and one of them came inside with him. It removed the cuffs. When he finished it put the cuffs back on and directed him to go back out in the hall. They returned to the room where they removed the cuffs and shackles. He sat down and waited. After about half an hour an older man came in and sat in the chair opposite Stef.

“I am Doctor Benjamin 22 an examining psychologist here. You are a very remarkable child.”

“Sorry, but I don’t seem to be able to help myself. I think the operation did something to my brain. The neurons don’t seem to be working normally. My RHIU 54 brought me an elementary calculus book and I was able to go halfway through it until I realized I didn’t know anything about algebra, but it all made sense anyway.”

“Yes, well, never apologize for high intelligence. It is a rarity here on Hercules III and the bots prize it highly. There is no evidence of your previous demonstration of macho tendencies. Can you explain that?”

“More than I’ve explained to the nano bot above my bed?”

“You’ve talked to it?”

“Yes, isn’t that why it’s there?”

“Yes, well, most people don’t realize that it will transmit all data that it is given. I must go check and see if there is a record of what you have said to the bots.”

“Sure, I don’t have anywhere else to go.”

Stef waited for about another half hour and then the doctor came back into the room and sat down. He looked troubled.

“Would you like to go home today?”

“Yes, if I can. Do they want me. I would understand if they don’t considering I was acting very macho when they sent for the Robotic Security.”

“No, they want you very much. They did express some concern, but they will be assured that you are completely cured. That’s right, isn’t it?”

“Ah, trick question. Yes, Dr. Benjamin, I completely cured of having macho tendencies.”

“Good, guards, take Stefan 03-774o down to processing. Transport has been arranged. Have a good life, Stefan.”

“Thank you Doctor Benjamin.”

********

WARNING: Physical torture of a child occurs in this section.

“Antherus 45-883m, welcome to the Aggressive Child Treatment Facility,” said a man of about age thirty. He was sitting on the other side of a small table and had an officious air about him. Two bot guards stood behind the age seven boy who was sitting on a metal stool with his wrists cuffed behind his back and his ankles shackled. “We, the medical staff, at the ACTF look forward to helping you overcome your predilection for acting aggressively toward younger boys, but I must stress that we can only help you if you are willing to help yourself. There can only be two outcomes from your stay here at the ACTF. One, you learn how to control your aggressiveness and no longer pose a threat to the peace of your community and/or the ship at large; or, two, you do not learn or are not able due to deep seated psychological reasons and we must determine what is best for the ship as a whole. This would include the ultimate fate of humane euthanasia. Rarely do we have to resort to that, but, to be honest, that will be administered if you fail all our efforts at treatment for your condition. Do you have any questions?”

“I don’t want to be euthanized,” Antherus said. “I’ll do whatever you say.”

“Do you enjoy hitting little boys?”

“Well, yeah, if they’re not normal. You know, littler than other boys their age.”

“Guards, attach the child to the rack.”

One guard came up and picked up the boy while the other set about adjusting the attachment points that would securely hold the boy to the wall. They place the boy against the wall, undid the cuffs, and stretched the boy’s arms out to where they could attach his wrists to the brackets. Then they did the same to the boy’s ankles. They cut off his coveralls and underwear.

“The child is firmly attached, sir,” one of the guards said.

“As the child is new, I believe we will start with electricity today. If we make progress, we will continue its use. Activate the bracket on the right ankle and attach an electrode to the scrotum. When you are ready apply level one pain for one and a half second.”

The scream seemed to be more from surprise than actual pain. The boy did not cry.

“Yes, I see, level two for three seconds, pause for five seconds, and then repeat. Repeat the cycle five times.”

This time the screams and subsequent crying were evidence of the amount of pain the boy experienced. At the end of the session the boy continued to cry for a number of minutes.

“Antherus 45, this is an example of the initial treatment you will receive here at the ACTF. Are you in pain?”

“Yes, please don’t do that again.”

“Think now of the little boys you have hit. Do you imagine they experience pain when you hit them?”

“They’re not normal so how could they hurt?”

The electricity was applied again. The screaming continued, followed by the crying.

“Antherus 45, acting aggressively toward another child is not normal, therefore by your definition you should not be experiencing any pain. Yet, you are. Can you explain that?”

“Please stop, I’ll do whatever you ask. Just don’t hurt me anymore.”

“Antherus 45, you are not normal, you should not hurt when you are electrocuted, but you do. That is inconsistent with your definition. Please explain why you hurt and your victims do not.”

“I don’t know.”

“Yes, guard, same period, but at level four.”

And, so, it went. Questions, incorrect answers, pain, over and over until Antherus collapsed. He was taken down from the wall and laid on the floor.

“He is a stubborn child,” one of the guards said.

“Yes, if he continues there will only be one solution,” the interrogator said. “Take him back to his cell and make him comfortable. We will continue in the morning.”

“Yes sir.”

The following morning Antherus was attached to the wall as soon as he was put in the interrogation room.

“Antherus 45, I am most troubled by your refusal to submit. You still hold the errant view that little boys, I assume you do not beat up little girls, do not experience any pain when you hit them. As I see it, now, electric shock may not apply sufficient pain for you to see the error of your ways, but I am reluctant to increase the pain via incisions in your skin. Normally, we would whip you, but when RSS interviewed your parents your stepfather stated that his has already used corporal punishment for your repeated beating up little boys, so what would be the point in going in that direction? But, first, you’ve had a few hours to think over what happened yesterday and will you tell me why you feel your victims don’t feel pain when you hit them, but you feel pain when we electrocute you? Will you do that for me?”

“I don’t want you to hurt me.”

“Yes, well, we won’t if you will tell me why you think the boys you hit don’t feel pain. Can you do that?”

“If I tell you, will you stop hurting me?”

“That’s not the correct answer. Antherus 45, I see no alternative than to restart your torture. Guard, today we’ll start at …”

“No, please, stop, I’ll tell you, but I don’t know why I think that. They’re just little kids and, well, I don’t want to say this, but it kind of makes me feel good when I make them cry. So, yeah, I guess I’m making them hurt.”

“You feel good that you hurt little boys?”

“Yes, but, I know that’s not right, but I don’t know what to do about it. I can’t help it if I feel good when I hit a little boy.”

“Guards, remove Antherus 45 from the rack and return him to his cell.”

“What are you going to do to me?” Antherus asked.

“Send you to the Prison Medical Facility on Ring 7 where you will receive a total brain erasure and mental rehabilitation. You have a mental defect that must be eradicated. Then we will evaluate you once again to determine if your defect remains. There is a chance it is physical in nature and can’t be removed via an erasure. If that is the case, you will be humanely euthanized.”

“No! You can’t kill me just because I can’t stop beating up little boys,” Antherus cried and cried.

“Maybe it would be best if we just eliminate the child now,” one of the guards said as Antherus cried, oblivious to what was occurring around him. “The disability seems too ingrained to be sufficiently eliminated by a brain erasure. The expense of that procedure must be considered.”

“Maybe that is the case,” the interrogator said. “I will have to take that up with my superiors. Return the child to his cell.”

The next morning while eating his breakfast Antherus noticed an off-flavor to his scrambled eggs, but he finished them anyway figuring they must have come from some farm other than Eden Commune. After finishing his meal, he lay down on his cot and fell asleep. The following day a message was received on his parents’ module that they would receive one hundred and fifty thousand credits in compensation for the death of their son due to his incurable aggressive tendencies.

********

Stef watched the Ring 5 countryside from the bot security cruiser as it sped toward Eden Commune. In his mind he noted the difference between the orchard, vegetable, grain, and livestock farms and their attendant facilities. All of them would have full complements of farm bots, something he was unfamiliar with, but saw the purpose of. On a regular farm without sufficient manual labor like the commune, farm bots were a necessity.

He looked over at the human services bot that was accompanying him back home. It would assure his dads that he was safe from the macho stain and was thankful for its attendance. He just couldn’t understand how Uncle Tommie was able to convince him into thinking gay men were a danger to the ship. The other thing about going home today was having to go across the lane to apologize to Doctor Don and Uncle Tom for acting so macho. He didn’t know how they were going to respond and was kind of scared they would think the brain erasure hadn’t done anything, which, of course, it hadn’t except increase his intelligence capabilities enabling him to see the error of his ways.

The thrusters’ rpms noticeably decreased and the cruiser slowly lost altitude as it picked up the locator beacon marking the parking area of the six residences. In a few minutes, it settled down on its landing gear, the cover retracted, and the access ladder extended from the side of the vehicle. Stef climbed down, followed by the human service bot. As if by magic, Stef was nearly knocked to the ground when Stevie ran up to him and wrapped his arms around his brother.

“Stef, you’re home! Come inside, our dads are waiting for you. What is this bot doing here? Are you in trouble?”

“I am a human services robotic unit. I am escorting Stefan 03-774o to his residence in case there are questions concerning his former expression of macho tendencies. Are you his brother Stevius 03-774a?”

“Yes. Can you tell me why, when we were determined not to be brothers, that I wasn’t given a “Q” suffix?”

The bot’s eyes darkened for a moment then it came back. “Yes, there is an age fifty-seven gentleman in Third City on Ring 1 with the designation Stevius 03-774q.”

“Oh, okay, thanks. I was just wondering.”

“That is understandable. Humans tend to be curious creatures. Shall we go to your residence?”

“Oh, sure, come on.”

Stevie, Stef, and the bot walked over to the rez, but Ben and Peter came out the door and walked down the steps. Stef ran to Ben and practically flew into his dad’s arms. Peter came over and Stef looked at him.

“I’m sorry I said all those horrible things,” Stef said. “I don’t understand how I could’ve been so foolish to believe Uncle Tommie that gay men were anathema to the future of Hercules III.”

“Anathema?” Peter said.

“The child has exhibited a high degree of intelligence,” the bot said. “He has an appointment at the Central City medical center next week on Second Marsday at 09:00. Transport will be provided. One parent may accompany him. His level of intelligence must be determined so that sufficient educational opportunities are given to ensure his success on Hercules III.”

“Why wasn’t his intelligence properly testing at his rearing center?” Peter asked.

“That has not been determined, but human laziness is suspected. An investigation will be initiated, but that is of no concern to Stefan 03. His intelligence has been determined and must now be tested. Do either of you have any questions as to the suitability of Stefan 03’s return to your residence?”

“No, we are more than happy to have him back.”

“Then I will depart.”

The bot returned to the cruiser. It reconfigured for flight and flew off. The men turned to go into to the house, but Stef was having none of that right now.

“Can I go over to Doctor Don’s rez?” Stef asked.

“Why do you want to go over there?” Peter asked.

“I want to apologize for what I said that day.”

“Are you sure you want to do that? They might be angry having you in their rez.”

“No, I have to do this, if only to show that I am sincere.”

“Okay, but do you want me or Ben to come with you?”

“No, I have to do this alone. If they don’t believe me, then I’ll tell you and you can tell them what the bots told you. Okay?”

“Sure, son, go ahead.”

Stef walked across the parking area to the rez and climbed the steps. He knocked on the door and waited. In a few moments the door opened and his Uncle Tom stood there looking down at him.

“Well?”

“I’ve come to apologize for the way I acted and for the words I said to you and Doctor Don,” Stef said.

“Come in.”

With just a bit of reluctance Stef followed Tom into the rez. Dr. Don was sitting on the sofa and by his position and the empty place at the end, Stef was certain they had been kissing. Now, he wished he had brought one of his dads with him.

“And, what do you want?” Dr. Don asked pointedly.

Biting his lower lip in fear of what he was interrupting, Stef said, “I apologize for acting like a macho that day before going to school with you and Uncle Tom. I now know I was wrong to do that and don’t know what I can do to ever make up for the way I acted and for the horrible things I said.”

“You don’t sound like someone who has had a brain erasure,” Don said. “Can you explain that?”

“Not really. I don’t know exactly what happened, but it didn’t seem to work the way it was supposed to. If anything, it seems to have activated neuronal pathways related to higher levels of intelligence. I think I’m a genius, but I’ll have to be test by the bots to make sure. I have an appointment in Central City next week for that purpose. I may have had high intelligence before, but it wasn’t tested at my rearing center so it wasn’t until I came out of the post-op coma that I was able to figure out I’m now smart. But, none of that matters, now, because I have to make up to you two and to my dads for the way I acted that day in the speeder.”

“Stef, I accept your apology,” Don said. “Tom, what do you think?”

“Well, Stef, as my nephew, I am very proud to accept your apology and congratulations on being identified by the bots as possibly having high intelligence,” Tom said.

“Thanks, now I’d better leave so you two can go back to do what you were doing,” Stef said.

“And, what do you think we were doing?” Tom asked.

“Well, don’t get mad, but it looked like you were making out like Ben and Peter do sometimes.”

“They do that in front of you and Stevie?” Don asked.

“Yes, but they don’t go so far as to get erections, but if they start getting that involved, they go back into their bedroom to finish themselves off. I don’t think they know I know what they’re doing.”

“Well, maybe one adult needs to talk to another adult about how to properly act around children,” Don said. “Now that I know of your high intelligence, I’m not worried about you, but Stevie might get the wrong idea.”

“Yes, maybe I should talk to him, too,” Stef said. “He probably doesn’t have the emotional maturity to understand how two men will react when they make love to one another. I’d better go home now.”

“See you tomorrow, Stef,” Don said.

“See you.”

The final two chapters of The G.M.Os. will not appear for a couple weeks as my editor will be on vacation.
Copyright © 2016 CarlHoliday; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..