Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 991 Words
  • 3,921 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Buried Treasure - 19. Chapter 19

Jaydon’s POV

I felt the connection between Jackson and Basil snap and then I was flying through the air. I hit the ground with a solid thump, but fought against the blackness that hovered at the edges of my vision.

I could feel Craig nearby but I couldn’t raise my head or move a muscle. I heard Craig cry out in pain and that made me move.

I sat up in time to see Craig go flying by me, he landed on his back but sprung straight back up and was going to attack again. “No, wait,” I called out.

I watched as the others started to surround Basil who was staring at me as though in challenge. I concentrated and shot out a spear of pure psychic energy. He flinched but managed to stay standing, he then returned fire and I was almost overwhelmed by the pain on my head. I reinforced my shields and attacked again, this time Basil fell to the floor but he rebounded up again quickly.

This time I felt his mind striking out in a different direction.

Jackson suddenly got up and started heading for me, his eyes were completely blank. I groaned to myself but didn’t redirect my mental attention.

“Adam,” I called out, “Will you please put Jackson on the ground and keep him there!”

I watched as Adam ran past me and tackled Jackson to the ground, Casey and Jamie joined him, with Andrew close behind and I left them fighting to concentrate on Basil, who was currently trying to edge his way towards freedom.

“Hey, Coward! Why don’t you come at me directly? Or are you only good at controlling shopkeepers and women? Come on it’s your move!” I taunted him trying to make him angry and hoping that he would make a mistake.

I felt a powerful mental push but my shields held and so when Basil came jumping at me I was ready. Craig came up by my side and we started fighting. For an old drunk Basil was surprisingly strong and fit. It took me moment to realize he had stopped his mental attack to use his powers to add to his strength.

I reached out for Craig, “Trust me and do as I say,” I sent to him, “Reach your mind out to me and give me control.”

I felt Craig’s mind merge even more completely with mine. By using his psychic ability of compulsion and coupling it with mine I made the effect even stronger. I sent a surge of power at Basil, “Kneel!” I projected.

Basil slowly moved away from us and started to fall to the ground, I could feel him fighting the order and increased the power. I kept increasing the power until he let out a cry and fell face first on the ground.

I kept up the pressure till I was sure he wasn’t going to get up, then I dropped to my knees panting for breath.

Suddenly I heard a cry and felt a strong mental push. It contained a few words and then nothing, “If I go I take someone...”

The cry had been from Casey, Jackson had started to jerk on the ground as though he was having a fit and then he went eerily still.

Craig ran over to him while I sent a thought out to Basil. All I found was silence, he was dead. He had poured all his psychic energy into Jackson, I can only guess he wanted some revenge.

Craig looked up at me from his place over Jackson, “He has a bleeding on his brain, I need your help.”

I nodded and crawled over so I could send out a probing thought to Jackson. I found the bleeding and joined with Craig again, this time he was leading me. He showed me how he could use his ability to see exactly what was going on inside Jackson’s brain. I looked up at Casey and Jamie, “I assume you two know how to heal this sort of injury?” they both nodded, “Okay, we’ll keep the bleeding at minimum and you two better start the magic. I only have so much energy left.”

Craig and I raised shields around the bleeding areas, trying to stem the flow as much as we could. We heard the twins chanting above us and in my mind’s eye I could see the bleeding veins being systematically closed off. Where need damage was repaired and after what seemed like an eternity I was able to relax.

“Okay, he’s safe to move now,” Casey announced.

Adam picked the still unconscious Jackson up, while Andrew called for guards to pick up Basil’s body. We then all trudged back towards the clinic.

I found myself walking by Jamie and Andrew and I had to ask a question that was niggling me, “How did you all know what was happening? I mean Craig and I were nearby and heard Casey shouting at Jackson but you two were in the bar…” I trailed off and Jamie grinned as I realized that of course he would have known what was happening as he, Casey and Andrew were all linked.

“We heard Casey,” Jamie confirmed my thoughts, “And I called Adam as we were running to you. He insisted Ben stay in his office.”

I looked at Jackson, cradled in Adam’s arms, “Will he be okay?” I asked, I didn’t want anyone else to die because of Basil fucking Waters.

“We’ll know more when we get him to the clinic,” Jamie replied, “But I know Jackson, it will take a lot more than this to keep him down for long.”

At the clinic we headed for an exam room and the twins set to work again while the rest of us hovered out the way holding our breath. I ended up curled in Craig’s lap as he sat on a chair in a corner.

Hi, any suggestions or comments please leave a review or head over to the discussion forum.
Prompt used: “Your move”
Thanks to Tim for the continued editing.
Copyright © 2015 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 20
  • Love 5
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 01/10/2015 01:27 PM, Headstall said:
I think you skipped posting chapter 18...
Thanks for the heads up. The date was wrong. It is now published. Hope you enjoy it. :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Woah. Very tension filled chapter. The whole drama and the mind fight as well as the grudge against innocent that resulted Jackson being hurt and in serious condition. Finally Basil dead, I can breathe a relief sigh. I hope Jackson was alright and I know Jamie and Cassie will take care of him. This was such a great chapter Caz...

 

~Emi. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 6/4/2017 at 12:46 PM, Emi GS said:

Woah. Very tension filled chapter. The whole drama and the mind fight as well as the grudge against innocent that resulted Jackson being hurt and in serious condition. Finally Basil dead, I can breathe a relief sigh. I hope Jackson was alright and I know Jamie and Cassie will take care of him. This was such a great chapter Caz...

 

~Emi. 

 

He'll be fine, but there will be a cost I'm sure :)  :hug: 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..