Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 1,006 Words
  • 4,206 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Buried Treasure - 9. Part 9

I am embarrassed to say I panicked, big time.

I was on my own with the best friend I had loved for years and he was waiting for me to join him in bed!!

Suddenly everything from the last few days started hitting me at once.

I had dug my best friend up from under a landslide.

That best friend had then come to stay with me and needed full on care at first.

I had failed to find Crystal in time to save her.

I was now tasked with finding and capturing – if not possibly killing – her father.

I had spent the years since my abilities had manifested learning to push them down and to control them so no one would get hurt or be forced to do things they didn’t want to do.

Now I was expected to ignore all that learning and use my abilities to force someone to do what I wanted.

I had already used my abilities to make someone do something and that had sapped some of my mental strength.

Suddenly I felt a gentle touch on my mind, I raised my shields and flinched away from it.

The touch didn’t try to push against my shields it just remained still and seemed to be brushing my awareness as though caressing me. The small part of me that wasn’t panicking was curious and started to reach out to the touch.

Slowly my defenses seemed to fall and my mind opened to the touch. I suddenly felt as though I was enveloped in a feeling of warmth, comfort and love. I hadn’t felt those feelings since my mother had died and this seemed to be the final straw, I broke down right there and cried.

I dimly heard a voice telling me to undress and get into bed. Mechanically I followed the whispered instructions. As soon as I climbed into the bed I was pulled into a warm embrace and my head was pillowed on a warm chest.

I felt a kiss dropped onto the top of my head and heard a voice saying, “Sleep now and when we wake up we will have a long talk.”

Before the words could register I was falling into a deep dreamless sleep.

****

I woke up feeling warm and comfortable. I rubbed my face into my pillow and frowned. Since when did a pillow have hair?

“Good, you’re awake,” a voice said from above me.

I shot up and off the bed in one move. By the time I was aware of where I was and who I was with, I was on the other side of the room staring at Craig sitting up in bed.

Slowly he held out a hand and waited for me to calm down enough to take it. He drew me back in to the bed and pulled me back onto his chest.

“We need to talk. I’ll start.” I relaxed, knowing I had dodged talking for the moment.

Craig shifted till he was comfortable before continuing, “First I think there are something’s about healers you should know. It will help explain yesterday to you a bit better. Healers have various abilities to help us do our jobs. Among those abilities are ones to help calm patients and another is the ability to coax patients into doing what we want them to. Let me make this clear, we can’t make anyone do anything that against their nature or that they are strongly opposed to doing. But we can for example get people to calm down and get into bed when they are panicking, like I did to you last night. We can also get patients to keep still while medicine is administered.

“Now last night you started to panic, I calmed you down and got you into bed but something happened after I calmed you. Do you remember what?” I shook my head and Craig sighed, “You dropped your shields to me. You linked our minds and wouldn’t let go. I read everything you were panicking about. First, let me say it’s not your fault that Crystal died. You found her when no one else could, you did your part. Secondly, I know you like to control your abilities but using them to find and capture Basil is not misusing them and I know you would not go further than you had to in order to protect lives. If you continue to panic like you are, though, you’re a guaranteed ticking time bomb.”

As Craig went through the list of what I had been panicking about, I started to relax; maybe he hadn’t got to the rest before I fell asleep.

“Lastly, I know how you feel about me and I feel the same.”

It took a few moments for the last sentence to register and when it did, I’m certain I stopped breathing, because lights started to dance before my eyes.

“Oh no, you’re not passing out on me again.” I felt a touch on my mind and when I tried to put firmer shields up against it, I realized I couldn’t. Then the meaning of what Craig had said about our minds being joined hit me. I could feel his healing touch, but under that I could feel comfort, love and even worry being sent out to me. I lifted my head to meet his eyes.

“Yes, I can feel your emotions and even hear some of your surface thoughts occasionally. I must say we could have saved a lot of time if you had received that letter I sent you from university. In it I told you that I was a healer and that I was gay. I have loved you for years but I didn’t want to endanger our friendship. When you ignored what I had written in that letter, I figured you wanted to just carry on as normal and ignore me being gay.”

As I watched him, he leaned down and our lips met in our first kiss.

Prompts Used: “You’re a guaranteed ticking time bomb”
Please visit the discussion forum for this story.
Copyright © 2015 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 22
  • Love 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Aww... sweet. :wub:

 

So can he not raise his shields ever again with Craig? Is the link formed when he lowered his shields/grabbed onto Craig's mind and joined them similar to the links between witch/vamp or vamp/vamp mates? How much did craig realize the night he comforted him before they left for Cazpedroso? He seemed to have an idea before the left Jay's home.

Glad they got things cleared up now! I hope we can see their bond grow. I think Jay has spent so long being alone and so hard fighting what he felt for Craig, as well as whatever else he struggled with, that he might be in danger. I think he's been breaking down slowly and this is to be the ultimate trial of his career and is the hardest job he's done. there is so much at risk, especially the well-being of the innocents this man could hurt. Jay being worn down will be too big a liability. I just pray Craig's love/support and maybe help he can offer might make up for it all.

:thankyou:

I hope you can help us understand more about how their abilities/bonds, etc., are different from those of the supernaturals. Looking forward to more!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 09/10/2014 05:19 PM, Cannd said:
Aww... sweet. :wub:

 

So can he not raise his shields ever again with Craig? Is the link formed when he lowered his shields/grabbed onto Craig's mind and joined them similar to the links between witch/vamp or vamp/vamp mates? How much did craig realize the night he comforted him before they left for Cazpedroso? He seemed to have an idea before the left Jay's home.

Glad they got things cleared up now! I hope we can see their bond grow. I think Jay has spent so long being alone and so hard fighting what he felt for Craig, as well as whatever else he struggled with, that he might be in danger. I think he's been breaking down slowly and this is to be the ultimate trial of his career and is the hardest job he's done. there is so much at risk, especially the well-being of the innocents this man could hurt. Jay being worn down will be too big a liability. I just pray Craig's love/support and maybe help he can offer might make up for it all.

:thankyou:

I hope you can help us understand more about how their abilities/bonds, etc., are different from those of the supernaturals. Looking forward to more!

Don't worry everything will slowly get explained. I can only use 1000 words a week so I have to try and balance the story line with any needed explaination. Hope you continue to enjoy it. :-)
Link to comment

Awwww... :wub:

 

I know that Craig know about Jaydon's feelings from the first. Sometimes it's just some words that have to got shared and sometimes the emotions. Glad to see that they are on the same road and find it finally. The emotional drama had been very good. Loved this chapter as well...

 

~Emi. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 6/4/2017 at 7:07 AM, Emi GS said:

Awwww... :wub:

 

I know that Craig know about Jaydon's feelings from the first. Sometimes it's just some words that have to got shared and sometimes the emotions. Glad to see that they are on the same road and find it finally. The emotional drama had been very good. Loved this chapter as well...

 

~Emi. 

 

:hug: 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Damn nuisance about that letter being lost. They would have been spared quite a bit of anguish. I'm glad Craig took charge of the situation.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/10/2017 at 1:52 AM, Timothy M. said:

Damn nuisance about that letter being lost. They would have been spared quite a bit of anguish. I'm glad Craig took charge of the situation.

 

I think Craig was the one that was going to have to take the first step all along. Jay just didn't have the courage to risk everything he held dear. As for the letter, I had the idea for that from a series I used to watch on the TV called 'As Time Goes By'.

 

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment :hug:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..