Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 946 Words
  • 5,463 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Buried Treasure - 5. Part 5

A sudden banging echoed through the house and caused Craig and me to jump apart in surprise. The banging was joined by Cade’s voice shouting, “Jay, Craig, I know you’re in there. Open up, this is important.”

I sighed and pushed myself off the bed. Before leaving the room I set Craig’s chair upright, then headed for the door and opened it just as Cade was about to bang on it again.

“Mate, why are you trying to break down my door at God knows what time of the morning?” I asked.

“I need to speak to both of you and its urgent!” Cade pushed past me and headed for the kitchen as Craig wheeled himself down the hallway.

We joined Cade and I watched him pacing back and forth for a few minutes before I finally stood in front of him to get his attention, “What’s going on? What have you so agitated?”

Cade stopped pacing and started talking a mile a minute, after a few moments I held up a hand to stop him.

“Say that again, slowly,” I requested patiently.

“Crystal’s father has escaped. He killed both his guards and is apparently heading for our neighbors, Chapmistres View community.”

I looked hard at Cade, “So, call Vampire Elder Langman and tell him to hold the man till we can send someone for him. Or you could just tell him what the man has done and let the vampires deal with him. Vampires are very protective of children and if you tell them this man neglected his child so badly that she ended up dead, they will be only too happy to punish him for us.”

Cade was already shaking his head, “There’s more,” his tone was so serious that I started to fear what he was going to say, “Crystal’s father killed his wife and guards without laying a hand on them. Before he killed the guards, he compelled them to open the door and lead him outside. There are only two other people I know have the psychic ability to do that. Mark was one and he’s dead. And the other is you, Jaydon.”

I felt my knees give way and luckily for me Cade moved fast and got a chair under me.

“How is possible that we have never heard of someone else having this ability? And more to the point how do you know I have this ability?” I knew I was starting to sound hysterical and I was grateful when Craig wheeled over and laid his hand on my shoulder. His presence seemed to calm me and I looked at Cade, waiting for the answers to my questions. If he knew about me, then who else knew?

Cade sat in a chair near me and leaned on the table, “The Council is informed of everyone’s abilities as they emerge, you know this. I was informed of all the teams’ abilities when I was promoted to second in command. Thomas personally went through the records with me and had me sign the standard non-disclosure statement so that everyone’s secrets would be safe. I haven’t discussed this with anyone but Thomas, we both felt you needed to know what we’re up against and we need your help to catch this guy.”

I looked up at the ceiling and after filtering my shields I sensed he is telling me the truth. I relaxed back in my chair and I was thankful that Craig kept his hand on my shoulder, it gave me something to concentrate on.

“What’s the plan then? I assume it involves me as you’re here and not going after the guy yourself.”

“The plan is to send you to Chapmistres View, undercover. The guy hasn’t met you and your face is not that well known around town as you’re basically a hermit. So as your cover you’re being flown out by chopper with your sick friend who needs the help of the twin witch healers there. We will put around town that Craig has had complications with his healing and needs the specialist treatment only a witch healer can provide. Since our witch healer is on holiday, the Council has agreed to send you both to the nearest community with a witch healer. I will be accompanying you as your EMT liaison.”

I thought about the plan, the basics were very simple and as we would be flying there, we would get there before Crystal’s father. It also would mean that Craig would be healed almost instantly and wouldn’t have to keep the casts on any longer.

I looked at Craig, “What do you think of this plan?”

“I think it could work. As long as we would be safe. And of course we would have to be careful of the other residents in the community. A vampire and a witch have no defense against someone who can harm them with their minds.”

I nodded and turned back to Cade, “OK we’re in. Let’s start planning; this needs to be detailed, and there needs to be protection for everyone built in. This guy could make anyone do anything if he has this sort of power. First things first, what’s his full name and what does he look like?”

Cade flipped me a folder and as I opened it, he started reciting the information, “His name is Basil Waters, he’s 43 years old and a drug and alcohol addict…”

Cade kept talking as Craig and I went through the file and we all started to flesh out the plan so everyone knew their part.

A storm was coming and we needed to be prepared for when it arrived.

Prompts used: "Say that again slowly" + picture of a storm.
Copyright © 2015 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 23
  • Love 4
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 08/13/2014 09:48 AM, fiedlerbob101 said:
thanks for chapter 5 it was wonderfully written drama filled.....looking forward to the next chapter...

Bob

Thanks. I swear this story has a mind of its own. ;-)
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Loving this story. missed it somehow. I like this cast as much as I like the twins and cast of vamps in the other one. I can't wait to see how they get over themselves and figure out what they have together. I think Craig is more put together and will sense the feelings or be willing to put himself out there (pun intended--hey he just almost did if not for Cade's interruption!!) I want that convo to continue b/c we were just about to learn more about these characters and more importantly, they were about to learn more about the person they were closest to all their lives. So, I hope they get to continue it soon, over the course of finding this bastard.

What is he after and how was his ability not known? Was his daughter's death a fluke or did he have something to do with it and why did he decide to head over to the vamps community?

 

Should be a great story. I hate having to wait week to week for these updates on the good ones, but i'm sure it will be worth it. Hope you keep up that balance of moving the story forward and limiting 'filler' info that is needed so the short briefs chapters are satisfying enough. it's a talent that you seem to have.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 08/13/2014 03:21 PM, Cannd said:
Loving this story. missed it somehow. I like this cast as much as I like the twins and cast of vamps in the other one. I can't wait to see how they get over themselves and figure out what they have together. I think Craig is more put together and will sense the feelings or be willing to put himself out there (pun intended--hey he just almost did if not for Cade's interruption!!) I want that convo to continue b/c we were just about to learn more about these characters and more importantly, they were about to learn more about the person they were closest to all their lives. So, I hope they get to continue it soon, over the course of finding this bastard.

What is he after and how was his ability not known? Was his daughter's death a fluke or did he have something to do with it and why did he decide to head over to the vamps community?

 

Should be a great story. I hate having to wait week to week for these updates on the good ones, but i'm sure it will be worth it. Hope you keep up that balance of moving the story forward and limiting 'filler' info that is needed so the short briefs chapters are satisfying enough. it's a talent that you seem to have.

Thanks for your kind review.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Sounds like a storm is coming alright. I was wondering what Chapmistress was. I couldn't figure out if I'd missed it or something. The boys seem so close. I'm glad all three of the guys are going though. Hopefully, there's safety in numbers. This gets better and better. :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 08/14/2014 12:27 AM, joann414 said:
Sounds like a storm is coming alright. I was wondering what Chapmistress was. I couldn't figure out if I'd missed it or something. The boys seem so close. I'm glad all three of the guys are going though. Hopefully, there's safety in numbers. This gets better and better. :)
Chapmistres View is the neighboring town/community. It means I can incorporate my characters from my other stories to make this story funnier and give it more space to pan out.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Things are getting complicated...it will be nice to visit the characters from Chapmistres View again...cheers...Gary

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 01/09/2015 04:08 PM, Headstall said:
Things are getting complicated...it will be nice to visit the characters from Chapmistres View again...cheers...Gary

Yep, that's what I thought. By adding in my other characters I have more moving room for the story.

 

:hug:

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Oh!!! Caz, you have ruined the fun. :( or is it Cade!?  Whatever,  the drama and the tension along with it and battle plan sounds very fine for me. Nice chapter Caz...

 

~Emi. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 6/3/2017 at 2:25 PM, Emi GS said:

Oh!!! Caz, you have ruined the fun. :( or is it Cade!?  Whatever,  the drama and the tension along with it and battle plan sounds very fine for me. Nice chapter Caz...

 

~Emi. 

 

But, that makes it more fun for me ;) Plus it pushes the tension between Jaydon and Craig :yes::hug: 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Well, now we know where Crystal had her abilities from. It sounds like no one helped Basil with controlling his abilities when he was a teen.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/10/2017 at 1:34 AM, Timothy M. said:

Well, now we know where Crystal had her abilities from. It sounds like no one helped Basil with controlling his abilities when he was a teen.

 

It would be down to parents to report their child's abilities and to make sure they got the training they needed to control said abilities. Basil obviously managed to teach himself some parts of what he needed and the rest he drowns with booze and drugs. 

 

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment :hug:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..