Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 250 Words
  • 1,710 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Prompts 2017 - 3. Prompt 548 Cold winds and noises

“When a cold wind blows, it chills you chills you to the bone. But, there’s nothing…” I looked up at a faint noise. “Who’s there?” I called out.

I paused the DVD player and listened carefully. I was sure I’d heard something, even with the TV up loud.

The Muppet in a blue sweater stood frozen on the screen as I strained to hear even the quietest sound.

I slowly rose and moved to the window. Snow covered the ground outside making the view look like a picture-perfect postcard.

I stared at the glaring white until my eyes stung, then I finally saw movement.

A familiar bald head came into view—who goes out without a hat for heaven’s sake? He battled-with slow success—against the snow drifts.

I met him at the front door and pulled him inside.

“What the hell are you doing coming out in this weather?” I growled at him. “And without a damn hat on.” I helped him out of his coat and herded him towards the open fire.

“I lost my hat in the wind. And it’s your birthday. You didn’t think I’d let you spend it alone did you? Oh, and I got you this.” He finished babbling when he seemed to run out of breath, and fumbled in a bag. He held out a brightly wrapped gift.

“Next time, send a postcard,” I snarked. But, I still accepted the gift and pulled him in for a thank you kiss.

 

Prompt 548
List of words - Cold wind, Blue sweater, Bald man, Postcard, A gift.
Copyright © 2018 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 01/24/2017 06:56 AM, Puppilull said:

I thought it was going to turn scary, and then you went sweet... Naw... LOL

I'm always sweet 0:) Oh, you meant the story...

 

Thanks for the review

 

:hug:

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..