Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 205 Words
  • 2,018 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Prompts 2017 - 2. Where am I?

Where Am I?

I was lost! How the hell had I manged to get lost in my own back yard?

I was sure I had taken the same path I always did. But, instead of ending up at Grandma’s house, I was lost.

The trees seemed to grow taller with every step I took.

I looked around apprehensively. Were there really wild animals around? What about the story Jonnie was telling me about the other day at school? There were supposed to be monsters living in the woods. Ones that ate children for breakfast, lunch, and tea.

What was I going to do? I wanted to go home. I never should’ve let my mum talk me into ‘getting some fresh air’. I would’ve been safer staying in my room, safe, and warm, watching YouTube on my iPad.

I sat at the bottom of a tree, wrapping my arms around my knees.

A sudden roar had me hiding my face in my arms.

This was it. I was going to be eaten.

Hang on, the ground moved.

I looked up, and I would have sworn the trees hadn’t been looming over me like that before.

But, that was stupid. Trees couldn’t move

Could they????

This assignment was given to my eleven-year-old daughter. She insisted it was too hard and so I said I’d do it too. I might add she told her teacher and she is handing in my handwritten attempt with her own later this week :o
She was asked to write the start of a story about being lost in the woods.
Copyright © 2018 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 9
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

That was a great way to motivate her! And you did good! I'm sure the kids (and we) would want to read more.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

What happens next ? (in high pitch falsetto voice, pretending to be a little girl)

 

I think the above also counts as the start of a horror story, what is more scary or creepy than a grown man (myself) carrying on as such ? :o

 

:gikkle:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 01/23/2017 05:09 PM, Timothy M. said:

Ents - you've found the Ents ! Uhm wait, maybe it's the Huorns... :o

Maybe, Maybe not....

 

Thanks for the comments

 

:hug:

Link to comment
On 01/23/2017 04:53 PM, hohochan657 said:

What happens next ? (in high pitch falsetto voice, pretending to be a little girl)

 

I think the above also counts as the start of a horror story, what is more scary or creepy than a grown man (myself) carrying on as such ? :o

 

:gikkle:

We'll have to see.

 

Depends on what the English teacher thinks of it ;) I may continue it when i have time.

 

Also, I love a man who knows how to 'carrying on as such'. Just ask my husbands, he's always carrying on LOL

 

Thanks for comments

 

:hug:

Link to comment
On 01/23/2017 12:15 PM, Mikiesboy said:

OH!!! Scary Cazzie! I loved it!! Hope the teach does too. :)

I hope so too Timmie.

 

I may continue it and sort out the scary bit ;)

 

Thanks for the review

 

:hug:

Link to comment
On 01/23/2017 09:51 AM, Puppilull said:

That was a great way to motivate her! And you did good! I'm sure the kids (and we) would want to read more.

Thank you.

 

She did finally write something. It will interesting to see what the teacher says.

 

I may continue, we'll see what time i have.

 

Thanks for the review

 

:hug:

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..