Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 248 Words
  • 24,185 Views
  • 13 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Prompts 2017 - 7. Maggy Magnet

Maggy Magnet listened to the door closing and the car pulling away from the house. After a few moments of silence, she called out, “All clear, everyone up.”

Moving stiffly she peeled herself off the fridge and dropped to the floor.

Fellow magnets; Gilly, Jenny, and Franny joined her and they all hopped their way to the living room.

Jenny, hopped up to the tv remote and hopped up and down on the buttons.

Franny and Gilly entered with a bowl of popcorn sliding along behind them. “Mikey sends his regards but he’d not in the mood tonight,” Franny said before joining the Maggy on the couch.

“Oh, well, his loss.” Maggy shrugged and hopped excitedly when the tv flickered to life.

“Shhh, shhh, it’s starting,” Gilly hissed making everyone hush.

The screen flickered one more time and settled on the opening credits.

Everyone let out a cheer as Toaster appeared on the screen, followed by Lampy and Blanky.

The episode was over too soon and everyone whined as Maggy led them back to the kitchen. “Come on you lot. They’ll be home soon we need to be back in place.”

A bit more moaning, and some staling and everyone was in place just in time.

The front door opened.

“Mom, mom, Robbie got an action man for his birthday, can I have one?”

“Maybe later, Harry. Now, go get ready for bed.”

“But, mooooom, I’m not tired.”

The voices faded and the house fell asleep.

In response to @Cia 's new Household Items game :) 
Copyright © 2018 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 13
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Administrator

Very cute.  You made me laugh with the Toaster and Blanky and Lampy on the TV. :gikkle: 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 7/30/2017 at 5:04 PM, Mikiesboy said:

More clever cuteness with  household items! Well done.

 

Thanks timmie :hug: 

 

On 7/30/2017 at 11:35 PM, Drew Espinosa said:

Aww!!! :wub: 

 

:hug: 

 

On 7/31/2017 at 2:00 AM, Valkyrie said:

Very cute.  You made me laugh with the Toaster and Blanky and Lampy on the TV. :gikkle: 

 

Took me a while to find those names. I haven't thought of them since I was a child. The Brave Little Toaster was a fun film.

 

On 7/31/2017 at 8:19 AM, aditus said:

A new form of 'If the cat's away the mice do play.' *grin*

 

Oh, yes, you'll never know what your appliances are up to when you're away from now on. ;) 

 

On 7/31/2017 at 9:29 AM, Puppilull said:

Now I want to get some magnets! Too bad my fridge is built in... 

 

Any suitable metal surface will do, Alisha used to use the radiators in the summer for her magnets :) 

 

22 hours ago, LitLover said:

Hmmm, is that why my magnets aren't always in the same place? :o 

 

Hmmm, have you checked they haven't been online, they may be ordering themselves some friends ;) 

 

Thanks for the comments everyone, :hug: s to all. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Lol, I was wondering about my magnets too. But I fear they can find even crazier stuff to do than watching TV. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
32 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

Lol, I was wondering about my magnets too. But I fear they can find even crazier stuff to do than watching TV. 

 

Well, anything has got to be more fun than staying stuck on a fridge all day in an empty house ;) 

 

Thanks for commenting :hug: 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Cute is definitely the word. It has the ring of a successful children's book. Find yourself a good illustrator and you're away. ;) 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, northie said:

Cute is definitely the word. It has the ring of a successful children's book. Find yourself a good illustrator and you're away. ;) 

 

:thankyou: lol :hug: 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Nicely done Caz... I'm never blaming myself when things go missing or not where I just know I left them..-_-

  • Like 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Defiance19 said:

Nicely done Caz... I'm never blaming myself when things go missing or not where I just know I left them..-_-

 

Maybe give them more notice when you're coming home.  That way they have more time to get back into position :P:hug:

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..