Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 340 Words
  • 1,788 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Prompts 2017 - 5. Newsletter game - Where am I?

Niv opened the front door and found a beach. Niv stared, shocked, but then he remembered he had a suspect and cursed up a storm. “No, no, no, Jake is going to kill me. I said I wouldn’t let anything happen on the bachelor party night. How the hell am I going to beck for our wedding?

“Greg, that fucking bastard, he must have put something in the drinks. But, why? And where the fuck I?”

Niv knew Greg had wanted to try and get Jake back, but that was over years ago. Niv thought Greg had given up on that game now. To do this now? That was low.

“What am I meant to do now? I’m getting married in”—he switched on the TV, quickly finding a news channel—“shit, less than eight hours.”

He took a deep breath. “Okay first I need to figure out where I am. Then I need to find a phone. And, after I get home, changed, and married, I am going to fucking kill Greg fucking Hilson.”

Niv started looking around frantically. He soon found out he was in a small cabin. As well as the living room he’d woken up in, there was a bedroom, tiny kitchen, and a bathroom.

More searching turned up a newspaper in the kitchen bin. “I’m where! That’s it, I’m so screwed. When I get out of here, I am going to be spending so much time groveling I’ll wear a hole in the knees of my pants.”

Niv sat on the couch, letting his head fall into his hands. This was meant to be the happiest day of his life, but it was turning into a nightmare of epic proportions.

He got up, moving around agitatedly. “Think, think, think. There must be a way out of here there must.”

After pacing up and down until his feet ached, he fell back onto the couch.

***

A booming voice echoed in the small space – “Cut and print. That’s a wrap ladies and gents.”

My prompt -
Niv opened the front door and found a beach. Niv stared, shocked, but then he remembered he had a suspect and
Copyright © 2018 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 17
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Administrator

I would NOT have wanted to be the one to not show up for a wedding. Definitely a lot of groveling to be done!

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Now I have all this set up in my mind, a movie scene within a movie ...  Thank you Caz for setting up a very clever scenario !

 

:thankyou:

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Oh, what a relief it was all just a scene in a scene... LOL To ruin someone's wedding day takes a special kind of douchebag. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 4 June 2017 at 10:26 AM, Lyssa said:

Fantastic intro, what a mess on a wedding day. LOL I look forward to find out, if he gets there in time.

 

Most of these little bits are standalone I'm afraid. But, you never know ;) 

 

On 4 June 2017 at 11:55 AM, Mikiesboy said:

Nice lil flash, Caz!! Lots of fun and it was all a scene!!

 

Thanks timmie, glad you got that last part. :hug: 

 

On 4 June 2017 at 3:19 PM, BHopper2 said:

I enjoyed this a lot. It was great!

 

:thankyou:  glad you liked it. 

 

On 4 June 2017 at 7:01 PM, Ron said:

Ah, I have been misdirected (snickers)!

 

:) 

 

On 4 June 2017 at 11:25 PM, Cia said:

I would NOT have wanted to be the one to not show up for a wedding. Definitely a lot of groveling to be done!

 

:yes: Thank you for setting this up Cia, it was a lot of fun. 

 

On 5 June 2017 at 0:05 AM, Defiance19 said:

Caz, it was great.. A really nice scene.. I caught what you did there hehe.. Well done! 

 

Thanks Def, glad you liked the twist :) 

 

On 5 June 2017 at 2:07 AM, Drew Espinosa said:

I wanna read more! :D This was awesome, Caz! :hug: 

 

Thanks Drew, but as i said above most of these are stand alone. But, you never know ;) 

 

20 hours ago, hohochan657 said:

Now I have all this set up in my mind, a movie scene within a movie ...  Thank you Caz for setting up a very clever scenario !

 

:thankyou:

 

Glad you enjoyed my attempt at this. I like to try out new things. 

 

17 hours ago, aditus said:

Oh my God! I felt so sorry for the poor guy. lol

 

Thank you for reading :) 

 

13 hours ago, Puppilull said:

Oh, what a relief it was all just a scene in a scene... LOL To ruin someone's wedding day takes a special kind of douchebag. 

 

Anything can happen in movie land ;) 

 

13 hours ago, Timothy M. said:

Well, at least he has a good excuse if his husband-to-be believes him.

 

Thanks Tim :) 

 

Thank you everyone for your comments, they mean a lot, and it's great to get feedback from others. 

 

:hug: 's for all :) 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I dont know if the fact Niv was probably going to miss his own wedding or the fact it was a scene surprised me more.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 6/11/2017 at 1:43 PM, comicfan said:

I dont know if the fact Niv was probably going to miss his own wedding or the fact it was a scene surprised me more.

I added the end bit on a whim and am glad it worked, so I'm glad it had the desired effect.

Thank you for commenting and I am so sorry I missed it and didn't reply sooner. :hug: 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..