Jump to content
    Celethiel
  • Author
  • 157 Words
  • 573 Views
  • 6 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Broken Fate - 3. A Rose upon the Grave

A Rose upon the Grave
By J.A. Oshio

Why did you leave me alone?
I asked myself again
If only I had known
You were better then other men

Father So Brave
Fighting for her honor
But you stood against a wave
Alas you were a goner

My mommy I’d cry to see your face
But they took that all away
And with all your grace
They whisper that’s why I am gay

I read your Letter
I think you’d be Proud
I am doing so much better
And I stand above the crowd

I fight a good fight
To return your pride
And make things right
Your hope my guide

I have a boyfriend now
He is my knight in armor
but you have my vow
He’s just a simple farmer

I’ll place this Rose upon your grave
Even though it don’t always show
I am proud of all you gave
I have to go

Copyright © 2012 Celethiel; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 04/30/2012 09:38 AM, Mark92 said:
Awww this one is the best of the three. :) My opinion any way :hug:
I thought so too, or at least the happiest.... I think i nearly cried on all three... for different reasons.
Link to comment
On 04/30/2012 12:20 PM, SoullessCynner said:
All three gave me goosebumps and made me teary-eyed. You have talent. I very much enjoyed these three poems.
Thank you ^_^ they did the same to me actually.
Link to comment

You've woven three tales here in poetry. Darkness reigns in the first, the second is more of sadness, and here you have not joy, but a sense of living on, continuing the dream.I really enjoyed them all, but like the others this last one sort of holds a special place for me as a reader.

Link to comment
On 04/30/2012 02:43 PM, comicfan said:
You've woven three tales here in poetry. Darkness reigns in the first, the second is more of sadness, and here you have not joy, but a sense of living on, continuing the dream.I really enjoyed them all, but like the others this last one sort of holds a special place for me as a reader.
I wanted to show that they moved on, and did not follow in the footsteps, and wanted to convey a sad pride... the kid had become an adult and was a good person and wished his parents were there to see it but weren't...wow i am starting to tear up... TwT
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..